What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

NKZero

Noob
K.O.E_18 ok then sorry for sounding like an idiot...but how is EWGF done then? what's the notation? so i should substitute the other two with that EWGF because it is safer due to more pushback yes?

also wtf is a while standing move. i see it in forums but on the move list in game i don't notice it. is it just a regular move while standing?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
K.O.E_18 ok then sorry for sounding like an idiot...but how is EWGF done then? what's the notation? so i should substitute the other two with that EWGF because it is safer due to more pushback yes?

also wtf is a while standing move. i see it in forums but on the move list in game i don't notice it. is it just a regular move while standing?
It means while rising. So like if you do a poke, and then let go of the control stick, you will stand back up. If you input a certain move during the time you are standing up, you are using a while rising move.

The notation is f-n-df+2. If done correctly, Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin, and Devil Jin should be surrounded by electricity, and your controller will vibrate even if it doesn't connect. On block it will flash and electrify your opponent.

It also offers a small advantage on block compared to the WGF that is jab punishable on block.

While Standing or while rising is when you press 1, 2, 3, or 4 while your leaving a crouching state.

This is what EWGF looks like on block

Flagg Bruce/Steve is a great team they both have above average juggles, and Steves mixups are great!

Just a word of advice, 10-hit combos will get you boned. They are only effective against scrubs ;)

NKZero

Noob
The notation is f-n-df+2. If done correctly, Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin, and Devil Jin should be surrounded by electricity, and your controller will vibrate even if it doesn't connect. On block it will flash and electrify your opponent.

It also offers a small advantage on block compared to the WGF that is jab punishable on block.

While Standing or while rising is when you press 1, 2, 3, or 4 while your leaving a crouching state.

This is what EWGF looks like on block
Thank you very much sir. This is helpful.

Eh... i am honestly hyped for BL2 and i'm back playing tekken and i'll probably buy BL2 trying to get a group started so it's your choice man , BL co-op with mics is damn fun and Tekken takes a while to get used to from a beginner point soooo i'd say BL is a more immediate source of fun ;)

TL:DR Choose whatever ya wanna choose

EWGF is so good in TTT2 that huge hitbox is really tough to step / backdash unlike T6 , im glad Mishimas are back.
Bryans df1 series got HELLA nerfed , you can sidestep it all day , well...still piss easy to HC , the new low b db4 on hit juggles with a guaranteed JU lol , still slow as hell
Aren't you supposed to sidewalk the EWGF?

Crathen

Death is my business
Aren't you supposed to sidewalk the EWGF?
Much impractical in TTT2 , you can but the hitbox has been improved compared to the t6 counterpart now it's pretty hard to sidewalk too and you risk getting launched , that's why mishimas are back on top

Much impractical in TTT2 , you can but the hitbox has been improved compared to the t6 counterpart now it's pretty hard to sidewalk too and you risk getting launched , that's why mishimas are back on top
Thank god I play Jin and D.Jin! :D

Do you remember when EWGF hit mid in T2? Was literally the best move in the game!

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Finally starting to get the hang of tekken again even though i was just demoted....:(
O look, Slips is already in the top 10 on the leaderboards....:(

Flagg

Noob
Flagg Bruce/Steve is a great team they both have above average juggles, and Steves mixups are great!

Just a word of advice, 10-hit combos will get you boned. They are only effective against scrubs ;)
Yeah i've noticed you can poke out of 10 hit combos, most of them seem to be interupterable. Im just testing the waters at the moment, mostly getting blown up by scrubs but im just trying new things out. I havent played a tekken game in about 15 years and it shows. I might give Steve another go, Bryan seems a bit slow for my liking.

Flagg

Noob
How are you finding it in terms of learning?
Inputs and commands seem fine, but wow...things like side step and back dash have advanced so much. I mean, tonight I literally got button mashed to death by a Hwoorang and Christie player who im sure was just hitting 3 and 4 as much as possible. So im in the lab, trying to use sidesteps, back dashes to the best of my ability. My ranked record is terrible, like....18 losses, 4 wins, but im just using it as a means of testing tactics out.

I've already noticed, a massive amount of double law or jin and devil jin teams coming through.

EDIT: I might as well be a newbie to this franchise again. I recommend people watch these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=DvJe_u3WIMc&NR=1

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I was reading some tutorials and King seems cool with all his kick and punch counter grabs and grappling moves.

What characters excel in whiff punishing and "cheap" oki setups/shenanigans?

The oki game seems unforgivingly brutal when compared to MK.

Yeah i've noticed you can poke out of 10 hit combos, most of them seem to be interupterable. Im just testing the waters at the moment, mostly getting blown up by scrubs but im just trying new things out. I havent played a tekken game in about 15 years and it shows. I might give Steve another go, Bryan seems a bit slow for my liking.
You want speed try out Ling Xiaoyu. She also has decent mixups if that's what you like. There are so many ways to counter 10-hit combos it's not even funny. Most can be ducked into a launcher for full combo, and low parred for full combo. You can play basic mind games with them if your character has a fast mid.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I was reading some tutorials and King seems cool with all his kick and punch counter grabs and grappling moves.

What characters excel in whiff punishing and "cheap" oki setups/shenanigans?

The oki game seems unforgivingly brutal when compared to MK.
everyone is built on whiff punishing.
the oki game is unforgivable. You really have to learn how to get off the ground.

Flagg

Noob
You want speed try out Ling Xiaoyu. She also has decent mixups if that's what you like. There are so many ways to counter 10-hit combos it's not even funny. Most can be ducked into a launcher for full combo, and low parred for full combo. You can play basic mind games with them if your character has a fast mid.
I wasn't really a big fan of hers in Tekken 3. The only female characters I liked using in the Tekken series were the William sisters.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
hows kaz?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
hard as fuck for a beginner. i can barely do EWGF's my fingers hurt :(. It's just frame I think.
bitch ive had to do dat shit in sfxt,dont tlel me how hard it is lol

one good thing about that shitty game is it taught me to link mist steps