What's new

Tancharoen parts ways in his Mortal Kombat career, "I wish everyone in the movie big success"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just about 4 hours ago the director who brought us Mortal Kombat: Rebirth triggering not one but two seasons of Mortal Kombat Legacy appears to have waved good-bye to his Mortal Kombat career. In one of his latest tweets Tancharoen kept it short by saying "After 3 years of Kombat,I've decided to move on to other creative opportunities." As many of us know Kevin was given the greenlight to direct a major motion picture for Mortal Kombat that would be different from Legacy.

This leads us to believe that there may have been "creative differences" between Kevin and Warner Bros... or maybe it was something else? It's hard to tell, but at this point... who's going to direct it now? We will keep you updated as soon as we hear anything!

What do you think happened?

Check out Kevin's tweet just below:
tanchleaves.jpg

Source: @KTANCH

Attachments

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good luck for him, anyway MK legacy (both seasons) has some minor good stuff, but overall, was pretty much tacky and so-so .... maybe happened the obvious : creative differences between director x producer

let's see what WB will bring this time for the future movie about MK .....

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I liked Season 1 better, but 2 was good as well.

Sad to see him leave, I hope the movie still rocks and doesn't go the "Annihilation" route.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
So does a movie delay affect the game seeing as though they are trying to do a tie in? What if the movie never sees the light of day? Like if Warner Bros gives up on the project because of him leaving.

gdf

Noob
I'd rather have the person who forced him to rush out season 2 have "other creative interests."

Season 2 had so much potential, and was exemplified by the Kenshi vs Ermac fight.

Honestly if the full film turns out well, I'd be completely satisfied being proven wrong.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
honestly, as interesting as i thought legacy was, i just can't see a whole movie being that way, there was more drama than fighting it felt like....and last i checked, its called mortal KOMBAT -__-. Also i hope in the movie that the characters ablilities get show cased a lot more.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
honestly, as interesting as i thought legacy was, i just can't see a whole movie being that way, there was more drama than fighting it felt like....and last i checked, its called mortal KOMBAT -__-. Also i hope in the movie that the characters ablilities get show cased a lot more.
I play the game to see special moves,not watch movies.

In a movie I want character development, drama, good stories, and i want it all to link together.

With some dope ass fighting scenes, but it's hard to care about the fighting scenes and why they are kicking eachothers asses if there is no reason for them to be. You need the Drama.

This sucks, cause I like what this guy was doing.

The next movie better not be ass now.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I'm ok with this, truth be told I was hype for the second season of legacy, but in the end the season didn't sit well with me, too many plot holes and fillers, even more than the first season,,

now I hope the next pick for the director of MK movie is not Michael Bay

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I play the game to see special moves,not watch movies.

In a movie I want character development, drama, good stories, and i want it all to link together.

With some dope ass fighting scenes, but it's hard to care about the fighting scenes and why they are kicking eachothers asses if there is no reason for them to be. You need the Drama.

This sucks, cause I like what this guy was doing.

The next movie better not be ass now.
i'm not saying drama is bad...just too much of it is.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Whatever some may say about KT, this is bad news for MK. Kevin's Rebirth & Legacy 1&2 is the reason MK came back to our screens and even made WB consider making a movie, otherwise everyone would still go about watching Annihilation and Koquest as they keep mentioning... :/
I'm sure WB smelled the money so I have no doubt that there will be a talented director taking on KT's "Legacy" AND movie (well...maybe not legacy). The thing is, what's the script and budget going to be like.
You fools are all going to make bad comments either it's KT's directing/photography, or Casper Van Dien's acting, or Bi Han's paintball costume, or Scorpion's stolen fatality, or plot holes, too much drama this, too little fighting that etc... There's always going to be people whining about sth they actually were looking forward to watching. Now that the "head chef" is absent, let's see what the future holds for MK...
I only hope that this all will not be forgotten and me end up in my 40's still waiting for the 3rd film and 3rd season...