What's new

Tancharoen parts ways in his Mortal Kombat career, "I wish everyone in the movie big success"

Whatever some may say about KT, this is bad news for MK. Kevin's Rebirth & Legacy 1&2 is the reason MK came back to our screens and even made WB consider making a movie, otherwise everyone would still go about watching Annihilation and Koquest as they keep mentioning... :/
I'm sure WB smelled the money so I have no doubt that there will be a talented director taking on KT's "Legacy" AND movie (well...maybe not legacy). The thing is, what's the script and budget going to be like.
You fools are all going to make bad comments either it's KT's directing/photography, or Casper Van Dien's acting, or Bi Han's paintball costume, or Scorpion's stolen fatality, or plot holes, too much drama this, too little fighting that etc... There's always going to be people whining about sth they actually were looking forward to watching. Now that the "head chef" is absent, let's see what the future holds for MK...
I only hope that this all will not be forgotten and me end up in my 40's still waiting for the 3rd film and 3rd season...

people can't be let down nowadays? some ppl didn't like the look of the characters or how stuff played out, acting, w/e.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
people can't be let down nowadays? some ppl didn't like the look of the characters or how stuff played out, acting, w/e.
Well... it's not like that. But my point is that it seems like everyone nowadays is an expert screenwriter, producer, choreographer, photographer, director, screenplay etc... WAY TOO MUCH attention is being given to things that during the 90's MK era was not given. Instead of criticizing everything that is given free to us fans, we should at least enjoy it.

Well... it's not like that. But my point is that it seems like everyone nowadays is an expert screenwriter, producer, choreographer, photographer, director, screenplay etc... WAY TOO MUCH attention is being given to things that during the 90's MK era was not given. Instead of criticizing everything that is given free to us fans, we should at least enjoy it.

well, "try" to enjoy it, at least. it's given a chance from the get go but it just will not sit right with everyone, no matter if it was free.

if someone doesn't like something, they don't like it. and it's on them whether or not they will give it a second chance and look at it in a different light.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Wow that's good news! No offense to this guy and I wish well and all, but MK Legacy Seasons I & II sucked. It wasn't all bad, there were some good moments, but overall it was just not up to par with what I would expect from Mortal Kombat, did not fit the MK mood, and he took too many liberties with characters and storylines that have been established as cannon in the MK universe.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Dear god no....Michael bay is already making Teenage Alien Ninja Explosions, we don't want him to botch up MK....Paul WS anderson can keep making his Crappy RE movies, but not touch mk. His Resident evil movies are crap, plain and simple, i only watch them to see how much stupider they will get, i'm still waiting to see milla jovovitch uppercut 5 boulders....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
God no, not Joss Whedon...if anything get Nolan or Snyder, their style fits MKU far better then Joss's style.

I think this is a good thing and here's why, while MLG and Rebirth was good(it could have been better) If the rumors of the script were true it had Kevin's version of a "super market guy realizing he has powers and decides to fight for Earthrealm" I mean that plot was destined to fail...and is NOT MK! This is why the first MK movie rocked, because overall it kept true to the main plot with a few minor changes or additions such as LK having a brother but it didn't screw up the rest of the movie.

One thing I don't understand about gaming and comic movies is HOW hard is it to adapt the same story from game to movie? Half of these guys have to get greedy or "creative" and change the plot some how, the characters and if WB and Boon saw that then I fully support this move...

I'd love to see someone like Snyder to direct MK movie, his style would be PERFECT. Look at Watchmen, MOS so dark, gritty etc he could so pull off MK IMO. But we'll see what happens.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Well Legacy may not have been what I wanted, I do kinda feel bad for the dude, he was very enthusiastic about the whole thing, and seemed to have put a lot of his time and effort into trying to get it off the ground.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well Legacy may not have been what I wanted, I do kinda feel bad for the dude, he was very enthusiastic about the whole thing, and seemed to have put a lot of his time and effort into trying to get it off the ground.
MK:L-S2 felt a bit rushed. They wanted to squeeze too much into five minutes, aye?
Well if I had to speculate, Tancharoen wasn't given the opportunity/devices to take this story to the next level.

But hey.

STORMS
invite him and ask him.

I'm willing to do the interview, even, if we don't have any journalists here that can do it.
It would be my profession after all.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
This is good news.

KT was a M. Night Shyamalan in the making: they start with a few wonders but then their true skills (or lack of them) on the helm start showing.