What's new

Sub Zero in MKX.. WTF!?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol Raiden can be whatever he wants when taking on a mortal form, he's a God(just look at his ending being two guys, and two women) and Sub-Zero technically is considered mixed part chinese, part white from a look perspective at least. The origin's of the Lin Kuei however originated in China, but moved later on to the Himalayas due to Sub-Zero taking over.

A lot of people care because MK actually fleshes out their characters.
I must be in the minority then. I don't play fighting games for their stories nor character stories. It's cool to have a nice little backstory to a character but beyond that I can care less. To me Sub Zero is a cool ninja that revolves around ice and had the best fatality ever in MK1. I can care less if he died in a story or anything else for that matter.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
@Starscream138 's theory: "I have a theory about sub zero. Remember in MK DA scorpion was thrown into a soulnado in his ending. He was brought into the heavens and made champion of the elder gods. Well maybe because Noob was thrown into the soulnado instead in MK9's story mode he took Scorpion's place as champion and they restored him to being Sub Zero. Scorpion took noob's place by staying at quan chi's side"

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm going to go the boring route and say that Sub won't have any influence on the story and just be included in VS mode because he's super popular. Maybe even like Cyrax where you could choose human or cyborg

I'm going to go the boring route and say that Sub won't have any influence on the story and just be included in VS mode because he's super popular. Maybe even like Cyrax where you could choose human or cyborg
I like this ideology. Why can't people get past the whole story thing? Sub Zero is an iconic classic character, why exclude from the game because he died in some story? This is a fighting game for petes sake, since when is storyline so important in a fighting game?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I like this ideology. Why can't people get past the whole story thing? Sub Zero is an iconic classic character, why exclude from the game because he died in some story? This is a fighting game for petes sake, since when is storyline so important in a fighting game?
I can see the virtue of both sides of the argument. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the story side of MK, I always played through story/conquest first because I wanted to know what was going on and what have you, but I agree with your point. SZ is legendary in MK, I don't see why they'd need to throw him away just for the sake of the story when he could be kept in and just not used/mentioned in the story. If i were a SZ player I'd be kinda bummed that my main got the kabosh for the sake of the story

MKF30

I must be in the minority then. I don't play fighting games for their stories nor character stories. It's cool to have a nice little backstory to a character but beyond that I can care less. To me Sub Zero is a cool ninja that revolves around ice and had the best fatality ever in MK1. I can care less if he died in a story or anything else for that matter.
It's fine, some people just care about gameplay and nothing else or tournaments and nothing else or single player, whatever.

I noticed you have a Fulgore pic in your avatar, so you probably play him but don't care much for his backstory I take it? lol But story isn't for everyone, for me as a HUGE MK fan overall from playing it online to the storyline, seeing new characters come in, old ones die, ones dead come back etc I have always been fascinated by that stuff plus I love darker more morbid games I'll admit ;) So for me, while I enjoy fighters in general MK is my game of preference for the overall package for me.

KI too I have always liked not as much as MK, but because it's got a dark theme to it.

@Starscream138 's theory: "I have a theory about sub zero. Remember in MK DA scorpion was thrown into a soulnado in his ending. He was brought into the heavens and made champion of the elder gods. Well maybe because Noob was thrown into the soulnado instead in MK9's story mode he took Scorpion's place as champion and they restored him to being Sub Zero. Scorpion took noob's place by staying at quan chi's side"
Interesting theory just one little problem there, (not your theory per-se just something that goes against it) by that time during MK 9 we see both Scorpion and Noob working for Quan-Chi at different points in the story mind you. I don't believe Scorpion and Noob are aware of who the other is, being as how Noob remembered his brother right off the bat in the graveyard fight. Scorpion was already working with/for Quan-Chi during MK 1, then once he killed Bi-Han/Sub-Zero he was brought back by Quan-Chi at some point. I'm also not sure with that champion of the EG part because that happened in the future during Deception's arch, which we're not quite there yet. We're up to MK 4 arch. But who knows, maybe the EG DO restore him some how, we just don't know which Sub-Zero yet lol.

It's fine, some people just care about gameplay and nothing else or tournaments and nothing else or single player, whatever.

I noticed you have a Fulgore pic in your avatar, so you probably play him but don't care much for his backstory I take it?
Cool beans. Yea I play Fulgore. I know about his backstory but honestly don't care much about it, not to say that I dont find it interesting I just find it unimportant. The reason I play him is because of his playstyle/archetype. I also enjoy his design, reminds me of the terminator and predator.

MKF30

Looks like it - I have it in the cart. I was thinking there may be something like Kollector's editions that would be better but I want that poster :)
Yeah that's what I'm waiting for lol some uber duber edition announcement lol. I want to wait til they announce all their versions before I get it.

Cool beans. Yea I play Fulgore. I know about his backstory but honestly don't care much about it, not to say that I dont find it interesting I just find it unimportant. The reason I play him is because of his playstyle/archetype. I also enjoy his design, reminds me of the terminator and predator.
haha it's funny you say that cause when he was first released the KI 3 version my comment was "If Terminator and Predator created something or had a baby=Fulgore" lol

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Its probably not the real Sub-Zero probably another lower rank Ninja in the Lin Kuei. If Quan Chi did resurrect him why would he do that again? I mean in the ending of MK9 (Arcade ending not story) both Scorp and Sub teamed up and fought against an army. But it depends if they go with the Story ending or Arcade Ending.
A low rank in Lin Kuei doesn't wear Sub Zero clothes or has the amulet. Js.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
A low rank in Lin Kuei doesn't wear Sub Zero clothes or has the amulet. Js.
True that, but Scorpion could say "Where's the Real Sub-Zero!?" since they fought so much Scorpion knows Sub-Zero's fighting style like the back of his hand.

MKF30

lol speaking of which anyone else here laugh during MK 9 when Kuai Liang confronted Scorpion? Scorpion was like "WTF is this, who the hell are you?" What is this?!" lol