What's new

Sub Zero in MKX.. WTF!?

I'm sure they'll address the issue. I kind thought he would appear as human in the netherealm anyway. Why would your soul be cyber?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's gonna be like Injustice, alternate universes.

It explains why there are multiple versions of the same character with gameplay variations.

And Boon just said on twitter MKX is a continuation of MK9 but also not, it's complicated.
It could easily mean(and what I hope it is) it is a story that is both a sequel and a prequel.

Since Shinnok will obviously be the big bad of this game, going by MK9's ending, they could have a story in the past detailing some of Shinnok's history, his fall from glory, while also introducing characters from post Mk4 that were old enough to be around then, and character(or their predecessors) from MK9 that would have also been around during those times.

Am I the only one around here that plays fighting games for the actual game play and not the story?
Probably, seeing as how Mortal Kombat has been a heavily story driven game for the longest time.

This ain't street fighter where shit is barely touched upon and the characters have no personality or story beyond being stereotypes and cliches.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I think the edit is also telling as they way it cuts to the unmasked face. I took this as an insight of how they are going to play this out. "Who's Next" likely has a double meaning - new characters as well as some kind of revenge plot of Scorpion hunting down a hit list.
That's a good point. But even though Sub Zero died in the trailer, it doesn't mean he won't be in the game. Scorpion did Kano's Fatality move in the MK9 CGI fight trailer to Sub Zero on the pit - non of that actually happened in the game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't remember Sub dying in MK9. He was taken away by those dumb robots but that's about it. Maybe only his memories were implanted in CSZ. There is no evidence of him being killed. Also it is a videogame... anything goes.
Sub Zero was turned into a cyborg by his clan, like Cyrax, Sektor, and formerly Smoke, and then he was killed by Sindel.

There were no implanted memories, because he wasn't turned int a robot, he was turned into a cyborg, which means he kept some of his human body parts as well as his brain, but was augmented with robot parts so he could be a more effective killing machine and easier to control by the Lin Kuei(assumedly, on that last part).

he even showed up in the Netherrealm as a cyborg zombie towards the end.

How the fuck can Human Sub be in MKX?? Does that mean that they won't continue the story after that fucking amazing cliffhanger at the end of MK9? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Sub Zero, he is my main in MK9 (as sad as it sounds) but if they really need a Sub type kombatant they could easily add Frost.
Sub-Zero is a legacy character. It could be someone new under the mask
My theory is, if NRS kept the Sub-Zero brothers dead, this is a third, new one. Their father.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok I'm not the most religious person ever but that bible comment was just stupid...can we please keep out the atheist bs and conspiracies from MK X? Thanks ;)

Secondly, concerning that Raiden/Sub-Zero theory, while I'm sure that's NOT the case Cyromancers have been known to have glowing blue eyes at times, and by that far stretch it is Raiden, it's possible I mean he's a God afterall and seems to have more abilities then people know. Look at MK 9, til then he never used time travel messages, never healed anyone directly, never got visions of the future etc, etc so why couldn't Raiden morph? His ending(though probably not canon in MK 9) was him literally splitting himself apart into 4 beings at once(shape of 2 men, 2 women) so he can be at more places at once yet with all of his abilities intact.

for all we know The Elder Gods could resurrect SubZero or Quan or whoever NRS writes into the story of MK10... remember folks Magic isnt really real.
This and it's all fiction, be it games, comics whatever. That's the joy of pure fiction, can do anything. I'm betting right now it's A. resurrection via The Elder Gods, Raiden or possibly Quan-Chi....but given as how his form is entirely different(as in human form again), I doubt it's Quan-Chi's doing but COULD be possible. B. A new Sub-Zero all together/cyromancer within the Lin Kuei C. a third brother of Bi-Han and Kuai Liang or possibly just another relative D. A Sub-Zero from an alternate MK Universe a la Earthrealm 2 or something or from possibly another realm all together(but given how he has the Lin Kuei icon leaves me to believe that won't be the case with being from say Chaos realm or something)

I don't remember Sub dying in MK9. He was taken away by those dumb robots but that's about it. Maybe only his memories were implanted in CSZ. There is no evidence of him being killed. Also it is a videogame... anything goes.
He was killed by Sindel later on after he became a cyborg...

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ok I'm not the most religious person ever but that bible comment was just stupid...can we please keep out the atheist bs and conspiracies from MK X? Thanks ;)
When you acknowledge things you don't like, especially when they come from people you cant control, you let those people win in a way.

---

I hope we get a version of Sub with the Grand Master helmet(with the trident piece on the front) and the Cryo arms that were made of ice.

Shit was so sick.

This game better be a sequel - prequel and not a bunch of universe hoping bull shit.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
When you acknowledge things you don't like, especially when they come from people you cant control, you let those people win in a way.

---

I hope we get a version of Sub with the Grand Master helmet(with the trident piece on the front) and the Cryo arms that were made of ice.

Shit was so sick.

This game better be a sequel - prequel and not a bunch of universe hoping bull shit.
I'm merely pointing out the irrelevance of "religion and bible beliefs" etc in an MK X /your topic, ...believe me, lol I've modded other sites and am used to trolling more then you think. If it bothered me that much I would have been one of those people that flamed him etc but not worth it.

Anyway, lol I'm very curious to see how Sub-Zero will come back, my Sub-Zero topic you should check out if you haven't already and I shared my theories in both topics ;). I'm SURE it's one of them resurrection, new Sub-Zer0, possibly alternate MK Universe Sub-Zero etc. Boon confirmed it's going to be a continuation of MK 9's storyline but a newer original story too he says it's complicated which leaves me to believe they'll either be doing flashbacks in the story OR MK 9's continuing mixed with perhaps alternate universes. I mean they did it with Injustice so why not with MK? It could explain the return of certain characters, think of the Joker from Injustice....remember those teasers people had all kinds of theories "wait Joker's dead WTF?" etc lol of course to quote John Vogel "nobody ever really dies in Mortal Kombat"