What's new

Sub Zero in MKX.. WTF!?

Plejcina

Sab Ziro KURVO
How the fuck can Human Sub be in MKX?? Does that mean that they won't continue the story after that fucking amazing cliffhanger at the end of MK9? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Sub Zero, he is my main in MK9 (as sad as it sounds) but if they really need a Sub type kombatant they could easily add Frost.

EDIT: And for the ones who say that Quan Chi could resurrect him I have a theory on why that isn't possible. When QC Resurrected Bi-Han he lost his cryomancer powers and got those "evil" shadow powers as a result of QC's evil wizardry. And Scorp too, I think that he didn't have any powers before QC's magic work (might be wrong on that haven't looked at the original timeline in years).

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
How the fuck can Human Sub be in MKX?? Does that mean that they won't continue the story after that fucking amazing cliffhanger at the end of MK9? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Sub Zero, he is my main in MK9 (as sad as it sounds) but if they really need a Sub type kombatant they could easily add Frost.
Dude, if you don't think quan chi can resurrect people from the dead or some other kind of nonsense to justify it... you're wrong. lol

Someone could probably go back in time or some shit and bring him with. Who knows?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
for all we know The Elder Gods could resurrect SubZero or Quan or whoever NRS writes into the story of MK10... remember folks Magic isnt really real.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
MK9's story was written in a very clever way. They wanted to shock the audience by killing so many key and favorite characters, but at the same time show that they don't have to stay dead in the next game. They all died and become new residents of the wonder world of the Nether Realm. Where is the next story likely to take place, the Nether Realm and Out World most likely. Characters that died can easily leave the Nether Realm. Hell they even explained way that they can return even if they don't go there just look at Cage in MK Trilogy, where his soul couldn't continue his trip to there and just found his body and reclaimed it. Look at Liu Kang in Deception.

If Subby was to return or get resurrected, I highly doubt his natural for would have even been his Cybernetic body.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Its probably not the real Sub-Zero probably another lower rank Ninja in the Lin Kuei. If Quan Chi did resurrect him why would he do that again? I mean in the ending of MK9 (Arcade ending not story) both Scorp and Sub teamed up and fought against an army. But it depends if they go with the Story ending or Arcade Ending.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Raiden has transformation powers? Since when?

His ice glowed b/c he's a cryomancer. His eyes have glowed before. lol

Edit:

example

Last edited:

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
why sub got raiden face? raiden find a way to become subzero to lose vs scorpion and calm his rage and help real raiden wtf

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I think that it was sub-zero's main mk9 costume with Noob Saibot's mk9 alternate head. Which could mean Bi-Han returns after Noob went into the soulnado.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
If there's one thing that can be said for certain about the Mortal Kombat franchise, it's that it's not known for consistent storylines.

I too am curious to see how Sub-Zero's return will be justified IF they are planning to continue from where they left off in the MK9 storyline.

I think the edit is also telling as they way it cuts to the unmasked face. I took this as an insight of how they are going to play this out. "Who's Next" likely has a double meaning - new characters as well as some kind of revenge plot of Scorpion hunting down a hit list.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It's gonna be like Injustice, alternate universes.

It explains why there are multiple versions of the same character with gameplay variations.

And Boon just said on twitter MKX is a continuation of MK9 but also not, it's complicated.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I think the edit is also telling as they way it cuts to the unmasked face. I took this as an insight of how they are going to play this out. "Who's Next" likely has a double meaning - new characters as well as some kind of revenge plot of Scorpion hunting down a hit list.
Take a look at the face and eyes - it was Raiden. @Check made a good point on Twitter on how this scenario could fit into the story https://twitter.com/check_4900/status/473490244076326912

Tell me more..

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I don't know how are they going to explain human SubZero's return but I'm already in fear of stupid resurrections for MKX's story mode. And story mode is like half the game to me since I enjoy MK storytelling.
I understand the necessity of having Subby AT ALL COSTS in there (along with others like Kang, Raiden and Scorpion) but I hope they explain it the "mature" way.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I don't remember Sub dying in MK9. He was taken away by those dumb robots but that's about it. Maybe only his memories were implanted in CSZ. There is no evidence of him being killed. Also it is a videogame... anything goes.