What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
When you lose in this game, it really feels like you just get outplayed compared to Mkx where I feel like you can get scrubbed out, but I enjoy both games. I will be coming back to Mk March 1st and will continue to play SFV as well.
you mean like takeda players

come see my alex in March tho

Infamous

Banned
Finally, I feel like a have a firm grasp on Mika.

Always feels great when the character you're most excited for ends up being the one you enjoy playing the most.

So far Mika, Gief, and RASHIDOOOOO are taking me through this pre-March journey
Omg baby boo...Mika is amazing. Sooo many plus frames...great buttons. Deadliest corner game...greatest cr.lk.

Cammy who? K-Brad washed up?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just a bit emo after playing a friend earlier against his Bison and Birdie. I think they stomp Gief pretty bad. At least I found out you can V-Skill the banana LOL.
V-Reversal into CA is badass though.
Projectiles and great normals is the bane of Zangief's entire being lol. That's just going to happen. I'll let you know right now it's going to get worse if you meet a chun-li or a Dhalsim. I think a big part of those MUs will be a lot more V-skill and using Triggered Skill to just walk forward and make them think about coming in for a throw. I wouldn't know though since I can't play a freaking match yet.

its worked vs everyone ive fought so far so im gonna keep doing it lol
Then by all means continue doing it. Even against me if we ever face.

I think they finally ironed out most of the online issues. I played online (Casual Matches only) for a decent amount of time tonight, probably got in like 20/30 matches and only maybe 2 or three had any skipping/jumping, and not one disconnect. Honestly felt like playing offline. This was also done with both of the search settings on "Any" too. It was a damn blast.
Lucky you. I still can't stay connected whenever I enter a match. And the rare time I do it's unplayable. @ProudDisciple Couldn't find my rival ID. I just hope this server maintenance does some good.

Just got the game tonight, really loving it. So different from MK yet as much fun. I'd say it's easier to block in SF than in MK due to MK's 50/50,high low mixups, but at the same time you gotta take your opponent into deeper water here. I honestly like them both equal, long live MK and SF bruhs!

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So I've been playing online, damn is this game laggy. MKX's current netcode is leagues better than this.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
So I've been playing online, damn is this game laggy. MKX's current netcode is leagues better than this.
I'm convinced some people just don't have decent internet at this point. I can't recall a single rollback heavy match I had yesterday. Not even a dc.

I hope by mkx's current netcode you were referring to the beta, otherwise you're being silly. Adjust your settings for optimal online matchamking. I agree the netcode is not tolerant of sketchy connections at all, but it undoubtedly is the best netcode when it works.

Well, I'm gonna be calling her "Cummy" forever now.
see my nash

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I dont think chip damage should be more, just that chip damage not killing is dumb. Especially because chip damage is so small regardless.
I think it's a good thing due to how much damage you can do in this game. Seems balance to me.

MKX online hasn't been good to me in the past 3 days on PSN. I don't know if its the servers or PSN. I've been playing people who's ping is below 100 then it jumps mid match.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
If anyone is interested Wednesday night fights had a big sfv tourney not long ago.

Also Gootecks everyones favorite excellent adventures host entered ^_^

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/v/46940337
I got matched with him once. For as heady a player as he is, he sure does some dumb shit this year. Then again, he also pulls off craziness just when you think you have him. He did it to me and I've got to see some of his matches otherwise. He's less about fundamentals and more about surprises.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I haven't played SF in awhile, so I forgot how 50/50's are suppose to work. The overheads are slow and punishable in this game, but if you connect one it barely does any damage and doesn't combo(unless you're Chun and V-skill is on).

This is definitely a game where learning frame data is a must, even for casuals. Otherwise, you're going to be jabbed to death lol.

GAV

I haven't played SF in awhile, so I forgot how 50/50's are suppose to work. The overheads are slow and punishable in this game, but if you connect one it barely does any damage and doesn't combo(unless you're Chun and V-skill is on).

This is definitely a game where learning frame data is a must, even for casuals. Otherwise, you're going to be jabbed to death lol.
SF is very simple. Find a safe poke. Abuse it.

Block everything low because all overheads are react-able.

From there, you'll figure the rest out. Sticking to these two things will keep you from sucking in the meanwhile.

E

Eldriken

I have newfound respect for SonicFox if he sticks with that character because at the moment I think he sucks. At this point in time it's about pressure and damage which he does not have
It seems like he's meant to be a turtle character in a game that's not meant for turtle characters. lol

But you never know, F.A.N.G. might turn out to be a beast once he's fleshed out more.

GAV

Can any Nash players tell me what buttons they use for air to airs? I seem to lose everytime and the air grab fails me 9/10 times.
Why are you jumping forward with Nash? He's best at 3/4 screen. Make them come to you.

GAV

I have newfound respect for SonicFox if he sticks with that character because at the moment I think he sucks. At this point in time it's about pressure and damage which he does not have
I've yet to run into Sonic Fox, but Perfect Legend plays a really strong Vega.
Gavin Anthony's not me, BTW.

Last edited: