What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Design of the fighters, both in aesthetics, animations and gameplay, are better than Capcom has ever produced. Aside from a few wonky choices in facial design, I like them all. But the stages? Seriously, they are terrible. Not a looker in the bunch.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Can any Nash players tell me what buttons they use for air to airs? I seem to lose everytime and the air grab fails me 9/10 times.
j.LP has been working ok for me, although it mostly trades.

I dont really air to air that much though because I find his s.HK anti airs almost everything.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
first impressions are her vskill is gimmmicks, her neutral is weak and oki is whatever. her qcf fierce trads alot to for an antiair

she gets mad damage tho
st. MP is her best anti-air. Although she is kind of free to cross ups.

She definitely struggles against anyone that has good normals or good zoning. She doesn't seem to have the same anti-zoning tools that most other characters have. I did well with her day 1, but now that people have caught on, it's a struggle.

haketh

Noob
first impressions are her vskill is gimmmicks, her neutral is weak and oki is whatever. her qcf fierce trads alot to for an antiair

she gets mad damage tho
I don't understand why her Elbow is at least -1 or 0 on block & why Necalli gets a better chase situation after throw midscreen. Doesn't help her mediums are butt which is a really important thing to have in this game due to the priority system.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
I don't understand why her Elbow is at least -1 or 0 on block & why Necalli gets a better chase situation after throw midscreen. Doesn't help her mediums are butt which is a really important thing to have in this game due to the priority system.
Her qcfLP is -2 on block, but still +2 on hit, making it her go-to special for mixups without bar. Fine as it is IMO.

Her backthrow > dash gets you +2 in front of your opponent ... hardly a bad situation when most throws reset to neutral.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can any Nash players tell me what buttons they use for air to airs? I seem to lose everytime and the air grab fails me 9/10 times.
Actively trying to anti-air with air to airs shouldn't be your first choice since Nash has reliable buttons on the ground
Tons of chars jump in for free at certain ranges. Necalli and the shotos with j hk for example.

Use j. lp/lk for people close, hk for people jumping in at jump distance, hp for anything closer.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
any laura players here?
what are some of the best buttons to use in footsies?
St. HK is probably her best footsie tool. It's got good range and it's pretty safe at -4, especially from a distance. Also leads to a crush counter that guarantees qcf MP.

Cr. HP is also pretty good, and is safe at -2.

St. HP is also safe but doesn't have as much range. All of them are pretty bad on whiff.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Design of the fighters, both in aesthetics, animations and gameplay, are better than Capcom has ever produced. Aside from a few wonky choices in facial design, I like them all. But the stages? Seriously, they are terrible. Not a looker in the bunch.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
What is this Rashid frame trap I keep hearing about? Is it simply doing two standing jabs in a row? lol or standing fierce into standing jab?

@Youphemism I think you play Rashid? I keep hearing about this frame trap.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Wow I have never taken so long to pick a character before. I've been from Karin to Mika to Ryu to Ken to Rashid to Necalli in a matter of days.

I went to a local last night and did ok with Rashid but every win felt like cheesy stuff that isn't gonna work for long. He has decent buttons, awesome v-trigger, and good mobility but a wack v-skill, low damage even with meter, and almost everything leaves him minus. Right now I don't think he's a great character.

Necalli seems a lot better to me. His buttons don't have a lot of range but he has good rushdown capabilities, grappling, and his v-skill zoning seems pretty ok. I've barely delved into him yet but he's fitting me more than Rashid.

Anyone know the general gameplan with Necalli? Any good setups?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What is this Rashid frame trap I keep hearing about? Is it simply doing two standing jabs in a row? lol or standing fierce into standing jab?

@Youphemism I think you play Rashid? I keep hearing about this frame trap.
Both his s.LP and s.MP jail into s.LK, I would assume that's what they're referring to. But he also has other plus on block stuff that doesn't necessarily jail but still frametraps into other stuff so....anything more specific about what they said?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Both his s.LP and s.MP jail into s.LK, I would assume that's what they're referring to. But he also has other plus on block stuff that doesn't necessarily jail but still frametraps into other stuff so....anything more specific about what they said?
No, which is why I'm lost. I've heard Aris mention it and a few other players.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Noob question incoming. i just picked up the game. I have no memory of sf since I have not played since super turbo 2. I started by using Ken in practice. What in the world is the directional input for shoryuken? It displays some sort of a back forth motion it seems but that does not seem to work. What exactly is the "z" directional input listed in the command list?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Noob question incoming. i just picked up the game. I have no memory of sf since I have not played since super turbo 2. I started by using Ken in practice. What in the world is the directional input for shoryuken? It displays some sort of a back forth motion it seems but that does not seem to work. What exactly is the "z" directional input listed in the command list?
His shoryuken is the z input. It's just fdf p. If you're on pad rub your thumb from forward to down and back to forward.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games

In 4 it was :r:d:r. It'd be weird if they changed it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
What exactly did they say? You got a link to anything I could read/listen to?
It would take me a good while to find Aris talking about it, but when he was demonstrating it looked like standing fierce x cr mk x lp spin into standing jab, but that would make him negative 2 I believe. He just said its safe and traps.