What's new

STOP Withholding Tech

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
All I've learned from this thread is to never use the word "tech" because of all the stupid baggage that comes from it. Just call it "information" and you're good.

Also @CrimsonShadow I posted a thread a while ago about the possibility of adding a StackExchange-style section of TYM for things like info on characters, matchup discussion, etc. where 1) the best info would float to the top and 2) info could be edited later as the meta develops.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Real talk? The only tech monster worth talking about is Under The Mayo. BOOM!

Reactions: SLy
I hate how many tech threads get some typical responses, here's one... I call it "The Christopher Columbus":

"Oh yeah, I actually found this two months ago and I just never made a post about it. Thanks for making a thread about my tech."

or...

"Oh, I have something like this, but EVEN BETTER than your version. Not telling now, will reveal later..."

New rule: If you haven't made a public post about it, you don't have anything

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I hate how many tech threads get some typical responses, here's one... I call it "The Christopher Columbus":

"Oh yeah, I actually found this two months ago and I just never made a post about it. Thanks for making a thread about my tech."

or...

"Oh, I have something like this, but EVEN BETTER than your version. Not telling now, will reveal later..."

New rule: If you haven't made a public post about it, you don't have anything
Why not call it the Doombawkz? I do the first one all the time, except I posted it in may.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It wasn't actually tech, it wasn't anything. I was hyping myself up for the tournament. Didn't work though, like, at all. And I should have used Kenshi. 2 week Kenshi > 1 month Kang. Even if this post was legit holding back tech, I was wrong.

Then we have people like Juggs literally single-handedly ruining the entire martian manhunter subforum by adding all the tech and combos into one unusable megathread and then bailing out..
Anyone else could have stepped in after I left. I tried to make the subforum neat and clean, merging all tech into one thread was the quick fix. But it was extremely disorganized within the thread, clearly a mistake on my part. I also was making the Ares forums as concise as possible in the beginning, I think that subforum faired much better than the MMH one, but I honestly haven't checked it since I quit Injustice.

BRUTALITY

Banned
It wasn't actually tech, it wasn't anything. I was hyping myself up for the tournament. Didn't work though, like, at all. And I should have used Kenshi. 2 week Kenshi > 1 month Kang. Even if this post was legit holding back tech, I was wrong.

Anyone else could have stepped in after I left. I tried to make the subforum neat and clean, merging all tech into one thread was the quick fix. But it was extremely disorganized within the thread, clearly a mistake on my part. I also was making the Ares forums as concise as possible in the beginning, I think that subforum faired much better than the MMH one, but I honestly haven't checked it since I quit Injustice.
no biggi im just throwing shade bro lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
no biggi im just throwing shade bro lol
It's cool, that thread is exactly what I'm advocating against, and I'm the one who made the damn thing. I've done a lot of things wrong over the years, which is why I want to do things better and for the community to do things better. I feel in this particular instance, I've learned from my mistake(s).

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Wel.....

Sometimes One Dot isn't enough... The only thing I do right is press buttons i.e. .......... works for me... like your pic though... I guess Memes are more grammatically correct
Well... Pictures can be introduced... as replies... and still be correct... since it is... a form of... communication... that does not... require grammar... unless it is... being introduced... with a colon... after a sentence... like you would... for example... do in a report...

But seriously dude, when you have an ellipses after every couple of words, it's not about me telling you to be gramatically correct, infact I did not even correct you - I expressed my dislike towards your writing. I don't care if you're 100% perfect with your English abilities, but it just bothers me and boggles my mind knowing that you're:
1) Over using it (by a LOT)
2) Doing more work for yourself
3) Doing it wrong - an ellipses doesn't have any more than 3 dots, I believe.

It's kind of like me saying this works for me: "sO> i> wAS> wALKING? dOWN* tHE> sTREET><"
It's just plain annoying to the reader - well, me at least - and makes your posts appear unappealing to read. Keep doing it if you want to, I don't care, but if I'm ever reading your post again and it has that... you'll know that it bothers me.

inb4 reply with overuse of ellipses to intentionlly bother me ;)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I need to keep my Quan Children safe. But i cannot teach them to out quan the quanfather. There are tactics i may keep to myself but its not like people won't see them when i play.

But if i find an infinite 2 weeks before EVO you best believe i aint tellin anyone about that shit lol

Cerebru

Noob
Well... Pictures can be introduced... as replies... and still be correct... since it is... a form of... communication... that does not... require grammar... unless it is... being introduced... with a colon... after a sentence... like you would... for example... do in a report...

But seriously dude, when you have an ellipses after every couple of words, it's not about me telling you to be gramatically correct, infact I did not even correct you - I expressed my dislike towards your writing. I don't care if you're 100% perfect with your English abilities, but it just bothers me and boggles my mind knowing that you're:
1) Over using it (by a LOT)
2) Doing more work for yourself
3) Doing it wrong - an ellipses doesn't have any more than 3 dots, I believe.

It's kind of like me saying this works for me: "sO> i> wAS> wALKING? dOWN* tHE> sTREET><"
It's just plain annoying to the reader - well, me at least - and makes your posts appear unappealing to read. Keep doing it if you want to, I don't care, but if I'm ever reading your post again and it has that... you'll know that it bothers me.

inb4 reply with overuse of ellipses to intentionlly bother me ;)
Apology.

I still like to ...

still like your meme.

#DONT READ IT lol I really sincerely apologize

macro

Eezeepeezee
All I'm saying is that if I put out put out some sick tech, and one of you bastards says "Ya, I found about that tech about a month ago."
I will find you! And you won't want to know what I'll do with you!

Scott The Scot

Apology.

I still like to ...

still like your meme.

#DONT READ IT lol I really sincerely apologize
Lol man, you have nothing to apologise for haha I'm just expressing how I feel about the over use of dots! I've seen it many times throughout my 'internet career' and I just loathe it :p

Scott The Scot

Dunno if you ever read it, but Flowers for Algernon. Reminds me of that.
I was born in 96'. I don't know the meaning of "read" haha. Kappa.

But at least my spelling is better than "Flowers for Algermon". I'm not trying to make a sick joke btw, I'm trying to point out the difference haha :L But I get ya man :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I was born in 96'. I don't know the meaning of "read" haha. Kappa.

But at least my spelling is better than "Flowers for Algermon". I'm not trying to make a sick joke btw, I'm trying to point out the difference haha :L But I get ya man :)
I read it like a trillion years ago, balls if I remember the name. Also how am I so much older than you?