What's new

Stealth Changes With 8/31 Patch (and 9-1 HOTFIX)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Guys, Paulo confirmed in Jer's thread about this that the run cancel issue is a side effect of the live servers for the hotfix and it will be fixed.
i know i quoted his post from that thread.... in this one as soon as i saw his thread...got confirmed

and im glad...... @I Am The LK

you will be happy to know that your Johnny cage will be fixed:

Colt confirmed this on @Jer thread:
Paulo's Response:

this is being caused by hotfix data on the live servers which are intentionally causing you to have to release block before dashing out. relax it will be fixed

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Did anyone get any info on anything else going on. I use MoS Raiden and it sucks to hear that some combos don't work now. Can't really relax when I don't know if I should learn a new combo or not.

MadeOfMetal

Did anyone get any info on anything else going on. I use MoS Raiden and it sucks to hear that some combos don't work now. Can't really relax when I don't know if I should learn a new combo or not.
i feel ya man, im having issues with 7+ characters and i have hope that NRS is going to fix it... as we know now the hotfix is not going threw the servers correctly, but to be fair they did say this in the patch notes... that it would take a few days for it to all come! maybe thats what they where syaing in the WB patch notes?

hey @buyacushun how is Displacer now IYO? and what do you think of the changes of MOS if the combos are fixed?

MadeOfMetal

I play Pyromancer and never knew about that. Maybe because I don't throw all the time.
damnit i need to play some matches with you sometime! have you been playing MKX at all? btw, i think my interent got worse.... i think its mostly my end... can't get my ping below 98MS hardwired on XB1, but playing Black ops 3 beta multiplayer it stayed at a solid 30MS which was managable,no lag on there, so who knows... i always feel like i have worse lag than others i play, may be because some of the players i play in private, seem to master online timings and i dont have the time for it or sumshit?

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
you coul;dnt hold it threw the cancel, if you did it would regester the input null and void and not let youcancel into a combo after words, the only way you could do it before the patch was tap and release, and that would be the case after patch, but they added recovery frames to dash cancel and RC of charge specials.. and thats why we cant input at first frame, you may be able to still get a combo off hit, but your 20+ SKRC will only be +2 at best now from what i can see....
@FireBreather

Said it in a few other threads, but I think the only issue is that you cannot buffer run anymore. You must start your dash animation and then hit block after dash has begun.

It may be possible to get perfect run cancels still (or maybe 1 frame slower than pre patch), but will now require an extra just frame input due to the buffer being removed.

The reason why some people don't seem to be affected as much on some cancels is because they are already just tapping block, instead of buffering run or holding block. For example, raiden's thunder god combos feel pretty much the same for me because they are pretty lenient and I already was just tapping block after the dash started. A-List cage however, I have been experiencing a lot of input issues.
This is what I'm referring to.

MadeOfMetal

This is what I'm referring to.
thank you for that quote... i have been having alot of issues with JC AL and that sums it up for me, but i think after paulo's coment, it will all be fixed in time, think we just need to wait for the patch to fully get through each day right?

i have allways input dash into run tap, esp with JC A-List, on his 121RC and
F24SKRC as well as 114SKRC, im excited to see it fixed after they basically made 114 viable again!

i think ill be in the lab to learn this new timing just in case they don't succeed in fixing it... never know with NRS/WB but i really hope they do fix it. id hate for JC AL pressure to be ruined because Liu was made op by one of thier older patches, just doesnt seem fair for JC loyalists....

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
i feel ya man, im having issues with 7+ characters and i have hope that NRS is going to fix it... as we know now the hotfix is not going threw the servers correctly, but to be fair they did say this in the patch notes... that it would take a few days for it to all come! maybe thats what they where syaing in the WB patch notes?

hey @buyacushun how is Displacer now IYO? and what do you think of the changes of MOS if the combos are fixed?
I never had a displacer but from what the other guys are saying is that displacer now has ocmbos and possibly some safe pressure that doesn't cost stamina. So displaer is looking to get some dirty stuff going.

As for MoS, to me he still plays as Raiden who can sometimes activate a trap every once in a while. The orb change doesn't really fit anything. They are "mostly" unsafe on block no matter what, They don't impede my opponent in any way (they have no reason to stay on the orb), Raiden doesn't have some crazy pressure to keep you there taking orb damage. I'll still be pressing the same buttons and cashing out on traps the same way. What I wanted most was for the orbs to have a one time hitbox upon placing that would leave Raiden like -3 or something. So the space controlling variation can be rewarded for spacing and I could play with the traps more.

Oh, I actually don't care about that then. I mean it's cool it's there now but it doesn't seem to really fit anything Raiden's doing.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

I never had a displacer but from what the other guys are saying is that displacer now has ocmbos and possibly some safe pressure that doesn't cost stamina. So displaer is looking to get some dirty stuff going.

As for MoS, to me he still plays as Raiden who can sometimes activate a trap every once in a while. The orb change doesn't really fit anything. They are "mostly" unsafe on block no matter what, They don't impede my opponent in any way (they have no reason to stay on the orb), Raiden doesn't have some crazy pressure to keep you there taking orb damage. I'll still be pressing the same buttons and ashing out on traps the same way. What I wanted most was for the orbs to have a one time hitbox upon placing that would leave Raiden like -3 or something. So the space controlling variation can be rewarded for spacing and I could play with the traps more.
i loved the idea with MOS traps, i hope he gets better, or tech is found!

on displacer,his tele just seemed like it should have been a universal move between all variants, i mean, when i imagine Raiden i imagine a Lightning god that appears where he wishes safely;) i miss that part from MK9 there is some things i wish i could carry from MK9 to MK10

if only i had that Swing;)

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
thank you for that quote... i have been having alot of issues with JC AL and that sums it up for me, but i think after paulo's coment, it will all be fixed in time, think we just need to wait for the patch to fully get through each day right?

i have allways input dash into run tap, esp with JC A-List, on his 121RC and
F24SKRC as well as 114SKRC, im excited to see it fixed after they basically made 114 viable again!

i think ill be in the lab to learn this new timing just in case they don't succeed in fixing it... never know with NRS/WB but i really hope they do fix it. id hate for JC AL pressure to be ruined because Liu was made op by one of thier older patches, just doesnt seem fair for JC loyalists....
Yea, all will be well it looks like.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
i loved the idea with MOS traps, i hope he gets better, or tech is found!

on displacer,his tele just seemed like it should have been a universal move between all variants, i mean, when i imagine Raiden i imagine a Lightning god that appears where he wishes safely;) i miss that part from MK9 there is some things i wish i could carry from MK9 to MK10

if only i had that Swing;)
I honestly don't mind not having the teleport. Don't really care for it. Wanted a trap character and I barely got one though . . .:(

Overall this patch gave me mixed feelings. They took out OSes, YES I NEVER LEARNED THEM ANYWAY. Turns out it probably caused run inputs to get messed with, which doesn't really bother me but Cassie has a slightly diff timing for BnBs. Cassie barely got changed and the variation I play, brawler, got more damage off of air throw. Sun God kotal got buffed almost perfectly it seems, and my hidden weapon Predator got some damage scaling but I think reports is it isn't a big deal and he still does what he does. But now MoS Raiden got an, imo, useless buff and his some combos don't work. And Tremor got butchered imo. Weird changes where buffs don't really help and nerfs hit him in the one place that was universally agreed on need a little help.

So I got a mixed bag of emotions from this patch. Still waiting on news about things like Raiden's combos. But hey, I might finally pick up reptile now that deceptive and noxious can go ham. :p

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
@buyacushun You said "As for MoS, to me he still plays as Raiden who can sometimes activate a trap every once in a while. "

MoS should ALWAYS have a trap out, not just once in a while. Set an orb to end your combos, after tech roll, to mix up block pressure, during neutral game, etc. If you are applying block pressure you can do an away/above orb and then continue to apply pressure and, if you catch your opponent pressing buttons, hit confirm into combo. The orbs give Raiden great mind game mix ups.

Hope some of that helps. I will admit that MoS can be hard to figure out.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@buyacushun You said "As for MoS, to me he still plays as Raiden who can sometimes activate a trap every once in a while. "

MoS should ALWAYS have a trap out, not just once in a while. Set an orb to end your combos, after tech roll, to mix up block pressure, during neutral game, etc. If you are applying block pressure you can do an away/above orb and then continue to apply pressure and, if you catch your opponent pressing buttons, hit confirm into combo. The orbs give Raiden great mind game mix ups.

Hope some of that helps. I will admit that MoS can be hard to figure out.
Trust me. That's what I do. D2 AA? orb out the momenet I can. F4 caught them (i love that's it's safe now. You can actually space it where cassie can't even touch you with flip)? Orb. Throw? Maybe orb.

Thing is that if you ever do orb towards, your opponent can just d3 you, jump away, backdash, maybe armor. There are probably other things that can happen that are MU specific. It's honestly harder than just pressure and sprinkle in the second orb.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
damnit i need to play some matches with you sometime! have you been playing MKX at all? btw, i think my interent got worse.... i think its mostly my end... can't get my ping below 98MS hardwired on XB1, but playing Black ops 3 beta multiplayer it stayed at a solid 30MS which was managable,no lag on there, so who knows... i always feel like i have worse lag than others i play, may be because some of the players i play in private, seem to master online timings and i dont have the time for it or sumshit?
I'm still playing everyday. As far as lag goes, it's just NRS servers. They. Are. Garbage!

delbuster

hungry
Raiden combos in Displacer/MOS seem to have changed. Prepatch:
f12b2 run f12b2 run f12b2 superman worked. Now it seems like it doesn't. Not sure if it's the f12b2 hitting them further, or if running is actually slower, or something else. This is a pretty big nerf.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Raiden combos in Displacer/MOS seem to have changed. Prepatch:
f12b2 run f12b2 run f12b2 superman worked. Now it seems like it doesn't. Not sure if it's the f12b2 hitting them further, or if running is actually slower, or something else. This is a pretty big nerf.
it still works its just a bit harder

nicomatc

victory has defeated uuuu...
Cure all fellow kombatants, if u all read the patch universal op selects nerf is why rc's are not working correctly, u can no longer hold blk and press buttons so all of rc's have extremely strict timing now, all still possible they r just a bitch to do them now

Matix218

Get over here!
Cure all fellow kombatants, if u all read the patch universal op selects nerf is why rc's are not working correctly, u can no longer hold blk and press buttons so all of rc's have extremely strict timing now, all still possible they r just a bitch to do them now
Nope, Paulo confirmed it will be fixed back to the way it was. He said it had to do with the live servers for the hotfix. Its gunna be fixed