What's new

SonicFox = Potential Greatest of All Time...And We Are Living In It

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yes, many apologies required. People still doubted SonicFox's dominance WHILE he was dominating MKX lol. How many tournaments does the kid have to win?

Here's the problem. When you bring up "greatest of all time" you're talking about more than being the best NRS player and more longevity than a couple of years.

Let's take Tokido. He was winning majors 15 years ago. He is still winning majors as recently as late 2015. That's almost Sonic Fox's life span.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Has anyone ever dominated for this long though? Even the mentioned players like Daigo, Tokido, etc weren't winning every single time they entered something. SF never loses. ever. I've never seen someone win this consistently at any game. When was the last time he entered something and lost?
He goes back and forth against Dekillsage in skullgirls. And he loses to his brother in DOA.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Has anyone ever dominated for this long though? Even the mentioned players like Daigo, Tokido, etc weren't winning every single time they entered something. SF never loses. ever. I've never seen someone win this consistently at any game. When was the last time he entered something and lost?

He lost 5 major MKX tournaments last year. Combo Breaker, CEO, EGL, Summer Jam and the Fall Classic.

I don't want to sound like I am downplaying Sonic. He is amazing. Just trying to bring some perspective to the table. Justin Wong won Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at EVO 3 years in a row. He won EVO in Marvel 2 a total of 6 times. Think about that.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
I believe if SF keep this up for the next couple of years we will see something so phenomenal that will make its mark in FGC History

He lost 5 major MKX tournaments last year. Combo Breaker, CEO, EGL, Summer Jam and NEC.

I don't want to sound like I am downplaying Sonic. He is amazing. Just trying to bring some perspective to the table. Justin Wong won Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at EVO 3 years in a row. He won EVO in Marvel 2 a total of 6 times. Think about that.
Sonic won NEC, he lost at The Fall Classic!

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Once in a lifetime a player comes around who transcends the game. Every sport has that player. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc. In two short years sonic fox has gone from "the little kid who babied tom brady on stream" to the current best NRS player in the world. Winning 3 games at evo including both NRS games and winning almost every MK and Injustice tournament he enters, he's only getting better. On top of that he wins DOA tournaments, is great at skull girls and Uniel. He's becoming the new chris g only he HAS won Evo ALREADY.

I doubt he's even in his prime yet. It will depend on what he chooses to do with his life post high school that will determine his legacy in the FGC. Personally I hope he goes to college and focuses on that and has little time for fighting games. Maybe one day he can join WAG. But if he does choose to keep dedicating his time to fighting games... just appreciate greatness when you see it and enjoy the gameplay. Lastly.. he's from my hometown of Willingboro New Jersey, which is awesome.

HAIL.

The only reason sonicfox has won a tournament or two is cause I haven't been competing in those tournaments;)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Once in a lifetime a player comes around who transcends the game. Every sport has that player. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc. In two short years sonic fox has gone from "the little kid who babied tom brady on stream" to the current best NRS player in the world. Winning 3 games at evo including both NRS games and winning almost every MK and Injustice tournament he enters, he's only getting better. On top of that he wins DOA tournaments, is great at skull girls and Uniel. He's becoming the new chris g only he HAS won Evo ALREADY.

I doubt he's even in his prime yet. It will depend on what he chooses to do with his life post high school that will determine his legacy in the FGC. Personally I hope he goes to college and focuses on that and has little time for fighting games. Maybe one day he can join WAG. But if he does choose to keep dedicating his time to fighting games... just appreciate greatness when you see it and enjoy the gameplay. Lastly.. he's from my hometown of Willingboro New Jersey, which is awesome.

HAIL.

It's true. I believe him to be the GOAT. Before I believed the GOAT to be REO, but that's always because I thought REO had the potential to be the best, but now it's without question. Sonic Fox is "The Great One"

1985 Edmonton Oilers Dream Team Bitch

Hopefully fox is smart and focuses on College degree/potential master degree as well as enjoying life

There's way too many people in the FGC and this community who don't have a future planned or thought out and never will. Focus on your future and prepare yourself properly for every option while not forgetting to also enjoy life

Fox is incredibly gifted, intelligent and just overall talented so hopefully he focuses on what matters and supplements his life w enjoyable hobbies to suffice his hunger

Be smart, follow those who did

Your future > FGC

This. This this this. And for fucks sake... This. Get an accountant fox!!!!

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
idk about all time, that's way too big of a stretch but of nrs games... you could make a very strong arguement for that

vicious1024

Does it matter?
SonicFox is eaisly the greatest NRS player, right now. Since his success in Injustice, there has not been a more successful player.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I recall him playing top Capcom players in that robot fighting game and Capcom players more than held their own against him. so this greatest of all time thing is a bit overrated at the moment. In NRS games, he is undoubtedly the best ever in my eyes.

On what planet could Theo's Injustice resume be better than Sonic Fox's? I think you sir are being the fool now. And no where did I say Sonic fox is the best all time MK player. I think REO is, some people say PL, Fair enough. But I said he's the best NOW and if you look at his age he has the potential to be the best for a long time. It's quite possible that when REO, and everyone else comes back for MKX sonic fox might not win but it's also possible that he might. He has the POTENTIAL to, and that's what the thread is about and the title says.
Reading all the doubters and this post rn like DAMNNNNNN G4S CAN SEE THE FUTURE

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Justin Wong. MVC2.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I agree. I think Sonicfox is on of the greatest and right now IS the greatest at NRS games. He is dominating, sure he has lost a few, but the kid usually comes out on top in tournaments and stuff. I am not seeing anybody else consistently doing as good as him.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Justin Wong. MVC2.
Someone could have made this exact same thread 9 years ago but replace MKX with MvC2 and SonicFox with JWong. If you think about it, their trajectories match up in terms of their early fighter game career. This isn't taking anything away from either player, but no one thinks today that Justin's the end all be all GOAT. Dominance in one to two games and top play in multiple others does not equate to GOAT. Fox is an elder god, so is Justin, their all on the council of greatest players ever, but I'd argue it's impossible to say where Fox will end up in the grand scheme of best players.

This is definitely his moment though, and he's definitely the undisputed champ of IGAU and MKX.