What's new

SonicFox = Potential Greatest of All Time...And We Are Living In It

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
REO has been dominant or a top player in more MK games than SonicFox, and won tournaments in those games. MK2, UMK3, MKT, 3D MK's, MK9 and MKX. SF only MK9 and MKX, as far as I'm aware. MK isn't only MK9 and MKX, believe it or not.
While it's true that REO has been active longer, Imo being the greatest isn't about having the longest resume -- it's about having the best resume. Sonic is winning tournaments that consistently have 100-200 players, in an era where a lot more top players are traveling to make almost all events.

Being an EVO champion, the biggest of all tournaments, also sets him apart. In a 1162 player tournament with the best international competition present no less.

And managing to do it with mostly characters that aren't in the broken tier is even more impressive, when you put it in perspective. He won EVO with Kitana and a bit of Erron Black. That's dope.

In MK history there are only 3 players who have won a tournament as big as EVO. That should probably speak for itsellf.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's just opinions at the end of the day. I don't want to get into it any further. I understand what y'all are saying, 100% and I respect it.

Fox is a better FG player than I am and I give him all due respect for what he has done and will continue to do. While i'm not claiming to be on his level as a player, I have won MULTIPLE majors in MULTIPLE different games. I have also placed top 8 at majors in MULTIPLE different games. People like yourself have no idea of my accomplishments, you would rather buy into this TYM fabricated lie that I am a terrible player who has done nothing. I do not need to be on Fox's level to still be a very accomplished player. You think people should give Fox respect for what he has done, and I agree. If only you and others like you knew how to respect people not named Sonic Fox for what they have done.
I didn't say you weren't accomplished and had done nothing. My point was bringing you and m2dave into the argument proves nothing because you've both been relatively absent in the winner's circle. I'm pretty sure neither of you was as dominant as fox for as long. Feel free to list off your accomplishments and compare them to his, or, show up to a tournament and prove it, the same way the rest of the NRS scene does.

Nobody's buying any TYM lies. There's no great conspiracy against you. Get the fuck outta here. My times worth more than joining some made-up "Hate Tom Brady Illuminati". Everyone isn't against you because you're such a special snowflake. Jesus Christ, man. Relax, train, and win something. Or retire again. IDGAF.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It's very rare to see someone on TYM who actually gets it. Thank you.

The reality is that only the winners are remembered and hailed, not those who fell short no matter how respectable their placings may be.

If you play the game for fun, that is your prerogative and you should follow it. I, however, see it as more than that, as do other competitors. Why should I be happy with 9th when the fact of the matter is that I lost and was instantly forgotten like last week's news, while others went on to be recognized?

And those who didn't forget, end up saying that the result I got is perfectly okay and I should be happy for it. I hear it all the damn time. And I'm fed up with it.

I'll never be happy until my training rewards me.
Well, I'll remember you whether you take home the belt or not, although I'm sure you are gonna get there. Those were some great games man and you are possibly my favorite player to watch, I'm behind you all way till you get there and afterwards, keep pushing brother

I didn't say you weren't accomplished and had done nothing. My point was bringing you and m2dave into the argument proves nothing because you've both been relatively absent in the winner's circle. I'm pretty sure neither of you was as dominant as fox for as long. Feel free to list off your accomplishments and compare them to his, or, show up to a tournament and prove it, the same way the rest of the NRS scene does.

Nobody's buying any TYM lies. There's no great conspiracy against you. Get the fuck outta here. My times worth more than joining some made-up "Hate Tom Brady Illuminati". Everyone isn't against you because you're such a special snowflake. Jesus Christ, man. Relax, train, and win something. Or retire again. IDGAF.
ehh 20 years is a pretty long time of success. Fox is def a better FG player though and im positive will amass more wins and top placings then I ever did.

Last edited:
Fox is a better FG player than I am and I give him all due respect for what he has done and will continue to do. While i'm not claiming to be on his level as a player, I have won MULTIPLE majors in MULTIPLE different games. I have also placed top 8 at majors in MULTIPLE different games. People like yourself have no idea of my accomplishments, you would rather buy into this TYM fabricated lie that I am a terrible player who has done nothing. I do not need to be on Fox's level to still be a very accomplished player. You think people should give Fox respect for what he has done, and I agree. If only you and others like you knew how to respect people not named Sonic Fox for what they have done.
They're too busy d-riding the kid to realize it man. Don't even waste your time.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The game wasn't in popular for a year lol. Come one it barely lasted 3-5 months with people that went to tournaments consistently. And mdz bodied sonic in two sets I think that is "dominate" and idk if theo and sonic fought at the top my head. But really a game that lasted only 4 months with popularity and sonic being the only one who plays mostly during the last 8 months lol he better "dominate" smh
who the fuck is mdz

i dont really get what this post is saying

injustice definitely lasted for a good amount of time lol. the quality of play didn't even really start peaking until like mid-2014. sonic and theo are somewhat interchangeable though imo in terms of the level they were at. theo unfortunately had a bad tournament at Evo and didn't really go anywhere after that, which makes sonic the king at the end.