What's new

SonicFox = Potential Greatest of All Time...And We Are Living In It

E

Eldriken

Tokido graduated from the highest japanese rank university, the University of Tokyo and his major was in material engineering. He wrote a paper for an international conference, made a presentation for it and got an award lol.

Just saying it doesn't have to be one or the other. I think people's intentions are good. I mean it can't hurt to have a backup plan and a couple of college/university diplomas. When Tokido's FGC career is over he can basically do whatever other job he wants and be paid really well for it.

In an interview he said he kept playing a lot of fighting games while at university because it helped him do better at school. :)
Tokido's brain is too stronk. Jesus.

coolwhip

Noob
Just one more point about NRS games: Easy to pick up =/= easy to be good at.

Yeah, NRS games are more casual friendly by design. That much is undeniable. But this is a competitive Mortal Kombat/Injustice website, we're not talking about how easy it is to learn BNB's. We're talking about how easy it is to play the game at a high level and, at least in this thread, be among the very best players. By that point, how easy the game is to pick up is absolutely irrelevant.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Even if Chris G was mathematically the best and had 20 EVO medals, he still wouldn't be "the best".

I think maturity and professionalism are required to be worthy of being considered the best.
So I guess there could be no best MvC2 player?
Because none of them had any of that

The point is that perceived "maturity" and "professionalism" have nothing to do with talent, and half the time are an opinion.
Andre Agassi, for example, when he was the best he was extremely "disrespectful" in the tennis world when he refused to wear white while for Wimbledon, and basically boycotted the event for
Would Daigo be loved and respected as much if he randomly decided to stop competing during top 8s or even grand finals because he's unhappy with the responsiveness of his stick, monitor lag, the lighting of the room, because he made a bad read or because he's getting outplayed/perfected first round? Would Daigo be looked upon as an inspiration and remembered as a top class player if he was known to rage quit mid game and rarely or never gave props to his opponents? If he had a long and repeated history of colluding, basically stop giving a shit, playing a trash character in a bad matchup just to let his friends win? If Daigo always showed up late and DQ'd himself because he wanted to be treated like a Diva with privileges, would it change people's perception of him? Of course. He would even lose 80% of credibility and respect, which would take away a ton of great potential sponsorships, gaming, FGC and non-FGC related opportunities. His books wouldn't sell as well, they might even be a failure (if he even writes a book because he probably wouldn't care about the next generation of players so he wouldn't even try to level them up.). He could have more trouble finding a GF to reproduce with since most girls don't like manchilds (lol).

Daigo would basically be 20% of what Daigo is. And not being loved and respected as much would directly affect his mood, his focus and his results. Meaning, in such an alternate universe, Daigo would never achieve half of what he did achieve if he had such an attitude/personality.

He would still be considered a great player and a threat in tournaments. But he would never be considered "the best". That title would go to another multi-game world class player worthy of such title. Like Tokido or Fuudo. Daigo would just be remembered as that douche who could've been amazing if he wasn't such a bitch.
You have literally zero idea what Daigo is like
Like cero

For all you know he could be repeatedly saying "FAKKU U" over and over in japanese to everyone, always

KDZ said:
The point is that perceived "maturity" and "professionalism" have nothing to do with talent, and half the time are an opinion.

Andre Agassi, for example, when he was the best he was extremely "disrespectful" in the tennis world when he refused to wear white while for Wimbledon, and basically boycotted the event for
True. But don't you agree that any immature, negative and unprofessional player would be 10 times stronger and more successful if he actually was mature, positive and professional?

I highly doubt CD jr would've won KI if he bitched about that game as much as he was doing for Injustice. And SonicFox wouldn't have won so many tournaments if he was as negative as other people.

Like cero

For all you know he could be repeatedly saying "FAKKU U" over and over in japanese to everyone, always
彼はだったかもしれない。 2000年に私たちは、Googleが翻訳や人々が彼の言うことに翻訳がありませんでしたとき。:DOGE

Daigo's a cool guy. He recently said in an interview that he doesn't personally suffer from Autism, so he doesn't know how well he would perform in a Smash Bros game. He also said he has no opinion on the new Smash, since he doesn't notice or care about anyone playing it and doesn't really play a lot of non-fighting games. (jk lol that was just Zhi paraphrasing/trolling him)

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Because none of them had any of that

Like cero

Yeah I mean the skill gap is there, right?

Flagg

Noob
Having a positive attitude to anything you want to succeed in is surely always better than a negative one?

Like cero

Didn't Diago REFUSE to play on the stream set up because he was complaining about people yelling and getting hype behind him? The last Seasons beatings I think is when that happened

coolwhip

Noob
i think he would of seen better results for MK9 if he didnt use Scorpion and traveled more for Injustice. isnt he legit retired now?
Slips never liked traveling much for tournaments and he's in St. Louis now and thus can't train with GGA on the regular. Not sure if he's officially retired. And yeah, of course Slips would have had better results in MK9 if he'd mained a better character. My point was by no means a knock on Slips, but it meant to highlight that just because you dominate in non NRS games doesn't mean you'd be equally as good in an NRS game.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Didn't Diago REFUSE to play on the stream set up because he was complaining about people yelling and getting hype behind him? The last Seasons beatings I think is when that happened
He was complaining because they weren't getting hype ENOUGH for him.
He is fucking Daigo. When he lands a dragon punch, he needs a minimum of 15 bitches getting the proper amount of moist.

Can't settle for less when you're a legend. :DOGE

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Slips never liked traveling much for tournaments and he's in St. Louis now and thus can't train with GGA on the regular. Not sure if he's officially retired. And yeah, of course Slips would have had better results in MK9 if he'd mained a better character. My point was by no means a knock on Slips, but it meant to highlight that just because you dominate in NRS games doesn't mean you'd be equally as good in an NRS game.
i understood your point. i was more so curious if you knew he was retired or not since you love GGA lol.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Stahp Arma!
Something pesky like "the truth" isn't what @Vulcan Hades is looking for, stop giving it to him
He had an opinion on something he wanted to insult say and things like "facts" aren't going to get in his way
#basedInternet

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It's actually pretty funny. If NRS games are that easy, I would have at least expected the majority of our community to actually learn how Injustice works, or counter-poke properly in MK.
You're certainly right when you lump everyone into a whole.
Offline groups would beg to differ.

the games do not promote such online...... where a majority live. We are all special ed when it comes to fundamentals because the online dropped us on our heads as a baby.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
He was complaining because they weren't getting hype ENOUGH for him.
He is fucking Daigo. When he lands a dragon punch, he needs a minimum of 15 bitches getting the proper amount of moist.

Can't settle for less when you're a legend. :DOGE
I'm going to make this a template for hype players.

replacing Daigo with [playerName] and i'm set. THank you based DOOMY