What's new

Someone has to step up and be honest

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
That video is your representation of non-linear and non-transparent gameplay?

How ironic, because Seth is essentially a 50/50 mix up character. He has the dragon punch with the most invincibility frames and a command throw that cannot be escaped. Fighting Seth has been described as "rock, paper, scissors" by numerous high level Street Fighter players and Daigo himself basically claimed that fighting Seth in a best out of three games can be "random".
Sure, fighting Seth can be random, considering how crazily you can play him. Poongko himself calls his style "gamble Seth" if I recall. That character has so many options and is made to just go in full force and open you up. But a DP and a command throw do not make you a "50/50" character. Seth has a ton of options and a ton of ways to set things up.

Skkra

Now go watch this:

And the game, while deep in thought, boils down to Divekick or Sweep on one side, vs cr. mk (+ various normals when close) / fireball / shoryu on the other side.

People see what they want to see.
That match was/is indeed a snooze. But it still actually showcases what I was talking about, which is that the better movespeed in other games lets you play a more dynamic footies battle. That matchup may boil down to very few moves, but the walkspeeds in particular allow for a very solid and mindgame heavy footsies battle. MK9 did the same with its dash canceling.

My personal feelings are still that Injustice feels restricted by the glacial movespeeds, since you're then reduced to dashes with fairly long recovery periods, or long range/fast advancing specials and pokes. Because of that and, as Vulcan Hades said, the fact that characters have 1-2 moves that cover so many options in a superior way means there is no reason to investigate using anything else. Again, my personal feelings, but in agreeing with PL, it's why I've lost interest in the game.

Shiny

Buick LeSabrewulf
In regards to the first post: enh, totally opinion. MK was good for me for the first year but then I got bored with it. I even bought the Vita & Komplete edition on 360 to show love to NRS..barely touched them but for 30 dollars for both, why not.

Been having a blast with Injustice so far, and enjoying learning more each time I play. Just because you don't want a scene to die doesn't mean you can bash the other game. Ugh FGC.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Hey in Guilty Gear you can not "runaway" or be a "lame turtle" why? here it is from a GG wiki:

Also if you taunt your opponent then he gets meter :D
I swear GG is the best fighting game out there <3
Sorry for offtopic though.
go back to playing that boring shit with the 15 people that actually play it. opinions.

zoning and keep away chars are fun to use and watch to me.

Opinions can be honest, but at the end of the day, an opinion is just an opinion.

People will think this game is bad, boring, etc.
While others are in love with.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Injustice, but that doesn't mean someone needs to announce what they personally feel, and that those opinions should be what the game should be thought to be.

I agree with you Carl that MK9 was more hype, but to some people, Injustice is more hype/fun and there's nothing wrong with that.

Optimator

Casual Aspirations
I still think the game is too young.

In fact, I even feel that people's mindsets have sped up in terms of metagame evolution, and not just in fighting games. We have unrealistic expectations.

Justice

Noob
I disagree. MK could be fast-paced because of dash blocking. You could play much more an active, exciting footsies game because you had movement options to get in and out of range. In Injustice, the walkspeeds are so slow that your movement is relegated to dashing. Most characters do not recover super quickly after a dash, so you're always taking a risk if both players are in what could other be a "footsies" situation. Dash forward against Lantern? Enjoy eating a lift for a huge combo. Superman will f+2,3. Etc. So instead the entire pace of the game just gets dragged down.
You talk as if walking is your only option for getting in. Yes, since dashing isn't cancellable in this game only a true moron would throw one out naked. That is why Injustice has things like advancing normals, air dashes, advancing specials, etc. Like most other games, footsies in Injustice is different from the footsies in most other games and comparing them will only drive you insane while you get your ass beat. Let's take your example of Green Lantern. If I as Catwoman want to get in on him, I don't just walk up and say HI :D or dash right up and give him a kiss. I Low Whip for the knockdown and then dash in for the 50/50 pressure. Superman zoning keeping me at full screen? :xCat Dash or jumping over it with a j2 are two of my options. :xb3 is another option from midscreen. This is why I say that Injustice isn't as slow as people make it out to be. I might have a different opinion if I played Bane or Zod or someone else, but they all have similar options.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Okay, not on topic, but please do not support Hi-Rez Entertainment. They shove a game out the door as quickly as possible, support it minimally for a really short time and then leave it hanging without any changes, no matter how badly it needs them. Global Agenda and Tribes Ascend both have minimal content and serious gameplay issues, and Hi-Rez basically just lets the servers run quietly and figures they'll keep making some small amount of money by virtue of people buying dumb F2P shit. They're a really horrible company.

I have no experience with them and I don't support them financially, so...I'll keep that in mind.

But Blizzard also does this same thing with Diablo 3, so it's whatever to me honestly. I don't pay blizzard and I don't pay HiRez. Win win.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I hate this game and the funny thing is I would had still played it but nope here come Scorpion.Got some cash from it BUT my cousin showed up anf he has a copy.

Skkra

You talk as if walking is your only option for getting in. Yes, since dashing isn't cancellable in this game only a true moron would throw one out naked. That is why Injustice has things like advancing normals, air dashes, advancing specials, etc.
You raise a very valid point. Maybe the issue is simply that I personally dislike the way NRS structured the footsies in Injustice. The fast advancing normals thing and fast specials that hit 3/4 of the screen is not something I find interesting to watch or entertaining to play. I absolutely respect your opinion though.

Justice

Noob
You raise a very valid point. Maybe the issue is simply that I personally dislike the way NRS structured the footsies in Injustice. The fast advancing normals thing and fast specials that hit 3/4 of the screen is not something I find interesting to watch or entertaining to play. I absolutely respect your opinion though.
I can respect that. There wouldn't be all of these different franchises if everyone liked the same things. I just like the game a lot and have a hard time understanding when others don't. It also makes me wonder what I'm missing when people have similarly strong opinions but the opposing view.

At the end of the day, it's our hard-earned cash we're spending to buy the game and travel for it. If we're going to put the time and effort in to level up, we should enjoy the time spent :D

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Stop playing braindead characters and you might enjoy the game more.

I also got tired of playing Black Adam a while ago tbh. I'm a setup guy and I like making risky reads but there's just no risk playing BA lol. It's all high reward for no risk and there's no reason to play smart or think hard when you can just backdash from anything and whiff punish, do one combo and sit on your life lead. It's like, there's a way in my head how I'd like to play Black Adam but the game keeps telling me and reminding me that this way is more effective.

So right now I'm looking at playing Zatanna, Hawkgirl/Harley or maybe even Lex.

But I do understand how PL feels. I don't think it's just a matter of what character you play. There's definitely something I don't like about Injustice. I can't really put my finger on it but it does get boring/repetitive after a while.

I think creative and risky play (setups/reads) are heavily discouraged in this game, while playing super simple, lame and safe is encouraged which results in boring Superman/BA finals. And it's almost like having depth, flexibility and a lot of options is irrelevant in Injustice. You just have one true move for each situation and there's never a good reason to try something else.

Well said..

Agree with this a lot.

That's part of the reason I use Arrow. Every Ice Arrow that misses means that I need to bide my time to load another one. Or do a riskier load and risk punishment. Especially against teleport characters like Batgirl.

*Rolls Eyes*

Slower isn't a bad thing. SF is slower than Marvel, and people still watch both.

And 'spam until it works' is a gross oversimplification. Most characters do have a powerful tool, but the outcome of matches boils down to getting to position to exploit those powerful tools, during which there's a lot of interesting back and forth, especially with interactables.

The game does need a good commentator to explain the details between the fight for space, dominant positions, etc. But that's not a flaw. SF requires the same explanation for footsies, and the most spectated game of all time, Starcraft, requires constant explanation of every detail for spectators to really understand what's going on.

Stop looking for problems where there aren't any. This game is too good for this community....

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
First thing I want to say is Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great game and very well made.....however

For me competitively it is extremely boring. It is so slow paced in comparison to Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat is more fun but the balancing is so ridiculous a lot of people don't want to play it. I feel like INJ has a lot of potential but it is so slow on top of that the strategies are all just spam this until it works. There really isn't a mind game behind anything at least not what I am used to. I don't want it to play like a carbon copy of another game but I would like to actually have to use my brain.

Yes I know I am considered one of the top players in the game but I get bored playing this game. Even in MK's practice mode I could sit there just doing stuff but in this game I'm just like ugh. It feels like a chore to play it.
I totally agree sub zero mirrors are WAY more fast pace than a flash or doomsday mirror. Mk fast paced? all i saw at evo was brain dead zoning with kabal until cyrax gets in twice and does 100%. You are totally right MK is super fast paced.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i am looking forward to the last patch for injustice. i just want to know how the cast will end up being so i can pick my true main. it is superman now (i know everyone hates him) and i do hope NRS doesnt ruin him. but we'll see, with all the complaints he will probably low tier when its all said and done.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
i am looking forward to the last patch for injustice. i just want to know how the cast will end up being so i can pick my true main. it is superman now (i know everyone hates him) and i do hope NRS doesnt ruin him. but we'll see, with all the complaints he will probably low tier when its all said and done.
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if they'll be nerfing anyone. From what I understood from that MMH stream, they'll only be buffing everyone to balance it. Which sounds a lot better in my opinion.

I've also heard plenty of rumours about Supe's getting nerfed, but they've been saying that for months now so who knows.

DarkPage

Noob
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if they'll be nerfing anyone. From what I understood from that MMH stream, they'll only be buffing everyone to balance it. Which sounds a lot better in my opinion.

I've also heard plenty of rumours about Supe's getting nerfed, but they've been saying that for months now so who knows.
it will probably be a slight one like his last one, ive heard a lot of rumors as well that his lasers were getting more recovery or something like that