What's new

Question - Kenshi So now that the buffs have been out...

Immortal

Blind justice....
Considering that M2Dave is a the joke of TYM amongst multiple online communitie, TYM itself included, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about that. This community as a whole will literally take a day one posters word over M2Daves that's how bad his rep is. He has a select few people, generally not the sharpest razors in the cabinet, who agree with him on everything, but for every 1 of them there is 10 who do the opposite.
I disagree, like i said before im pretty sure this community would take Dave word on almost anything regarding MK over yours. But of course you may think whatever you want.

The fact that you've taken time to delve my post history, says you care about this too much. You are arguing against the poster, not the statements being made, your response to me saying pigs behaviour is unacceptable?
I care about the facts, so i did check your post history for that purpose.

"Well he's a pro player and you are not!"

Wow, how far up his ass are you going to brown nose him dude? What so we can't even comment on his rude and negative actions as a human being which have given our entire community a bad rep, unless we live in America and have the time/money/lack of real life commitments, to go travelling to tourneys? The two aren't even connected, and the fact that he is a pro player is even MORE reason to hold him to a higher standard.
You can comment on whatever you want. You are just wrong and bending the truth for ur own arguments sake. You also missed the point of my post.

Also, I've literally never had an opinion in here in which literally nobody agreed with me. This is factually 100% wrong. There was people who have agreed with all the statements I've made in here in plenty of other threads, not least of which, the ones about Pig, which literally had members of different fighting games weighing in with the same opinions. If however, you mean not having the majority agree with me, well I can think of two places where that was overwhelmingly case, and surprise surprise, it's when I'm in the Kenshi forums expressing my disproval of certain things, and when I'm in the Kano forums telling them to cool their jets on ridiculous balance demands. Surprise surprise. Or since you checked my post history, can you give any other examples?
Obviously i meant majority. And i see more then only those two topics. I'm pretty sure that majority here doesn't agree with your idea of "balancing the game" in general.

Regardless it's irrelevant, because you think personal insults and "strength in numbers" on your own characters forum against someone debating the "Kenshi needs buffs" circlejerk, are a fine substitute for lack of supporting logic. Shit posting isn't disagreeing with people, shit posting is the original people who say stuff like "Kano needs to be buffed till he can compete equally with Raiden" which is literally the only thing I argued against in the Kano forums, and literally the ONLY reason M2Dave has his panties in a knot and all salty at me, because this in his "honest" (aka completely biased and self serving) opinion would add balance to the game. On the other hand, your comments are baseless, often lies and misdirection like this current post, and you are a terrible poster, and should stop trying to chase off any challenge to your statements with personal insults and requests to leave, I'm not narrow minded and I'm very open to have my opinion swayed and admitting I'm wrong when convinced, you should try supporting your statements with logic if you have any, rather than making requests for me to leave which I'm obviously not just going to submissively comply to, and rather than just using baseless fallbacks like "but you aren't a pro player" instead of actually countering the statements made.
Facts for you:

Kenshi before buffs -> you - he's ok (mid tier); us - he's bad (low tier)

Kenshi needed buffs -> you - no; us - yes

Making threads, voicing opinion that Kenshi is bad and needs buff -> you - no, people should stop crying etc....; us - it was needed

And where is your logic? You don't play Kenshi, you argue with people who exclusively play Kenshi from day 1 and put a lot work into the character and have way better understanding (which is obvious) about how he works then you. Yet in your mind - you know better, lol. It's ironic, really.

And don't even get me started about who is a "bad poster", since i've helped dozen if not more people regarding playing with Kenshi here, publicly and also on PM which many can attest to. The difference between us is that i actually known what im talking about (Kenshi) and you don't. That's why you just shitpost and nobody here (Kenshi forums) agrees with you.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I can honestly understand the frustration as well, if you honestly perceived your character to suck so much. However, it's fully self inflicted, nobody is forcing him to spend that money to go to tournaments where you know your character is underpowered, nobody is forcing you to play an underpowered character, and neither of these things excuses his behaviour IMO.

It's ok to think Kenshi was in need of the buffs he got, obviously a lot of people feel that way, I do not, but it'll be the last time I say it, I've shared my opinion on this and it's ok that we disagree. However, it is NOT ok to handwave, support, or make excuses for Pigs bitchiness and unsportsmanlike behaviour, that was literally so bad it attracted a ton of negative attention towards our community.
yeah he was being a bit bitchy, and hell im not making excuses for him, im just seeing it through his perspective. Hell im not even really supporting him, im just looking it at a different perspective than my own, he plays to win, but the only character he likes and that fits his playstyle, isnt tournament viable, when he already payed for everything throughout the year, all of this he has said. he tried to find a new main, but couldnt, he already got himself locked in for the rest of the year, and he knew that if he wouldnt get buffed then he would stop playing MKX competitively for good. all of this added up, and i can honestly see where his frustration was coming from. I'm not making excuses, just stating what was already stated and putting the pieces together. since well, when it comes down to it, we are all human and have our limits before we break. While yes it was absolutely unacceptable for him to act extremely unsportsman like, we all have those moments where we had it up to here with shit, im sure you have had those too. It just fucking sucks that he treated it the way he did since it did make the NRS community look bad for a bit but im pretty sure people understand that one person doesnt represent an entire community, hell even though pig is the most known kenshi player i dont think that he should be treated as the head of the community expressing how everyone feels and representing every single kenshi main, of course he doesnt, this is a forum not a full blown war between characters and having leaders for every character like a god damn country, hell it isnt like there are ranks and shit, it is just one man with an opinion, chances are if nearly every kenshi player is saying the same thing, there is some truth to it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Don't feed the trolls

I can't tell who you guys are arguing w but do what I do and block then

They don't matter at all to anyone so they try and troll hard enough to give purpose to their sad lives

What's worse is it's probably an alt account which makes the troll(s) even more sad

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Don't feed the trolls

They don't matter at all to anyone so they try and troll hard enough to give purpose to their sad lives

What's worse is it's probably an alt account which makes the troll(s) even more sad
no, no, i know your mind wants to reject it but you must accept that there actually are people this stupid.

dont doubt stupidity, its too common

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I disagree, like i said before im pretty sure this community would take Dave word on almost anything regarding MK over yours. But of course you may think whatever you want.
So there isn't 10 people who call Daves opinions the epitome of stupid, for every 1 who thinks otherwise?

Just being on the opposite end of an argument as him makes it likely people are going to support you. Bruh it's M2Dave. Right now the opinion he's trying to push and had carried his salt across to here on, is that Kano should be rebalanced and put on Raiden and Quan Chis level. Do you know how stupid you sound blindly agreeing with his silliness?

This guy is known as literally the most bias member of TYM. I've seen multiple instances of people even on reddit going in on him for being ridiculous, his reputation isn't even limited to this site.

You can comment on whatever you want. You are just wrong and bending the truth for ur own arguments sake.
Well, plenty of people agree with me on this one, such as the high-profile fighting game names who called him out on stream for his childishness, as well as even plenty of TYM members, but whatever. "You're just wrong because I've said so" sure this isn't your incredible bias here at work talking?

Obviously i meant majority. And i see more then only those two topics. I'm pretty sure that majority here doesn't agree with your idea of "balancing the game" in general.
Well, you said "literally everybody" which doesn't mean the same thing as the "majority" which means "50% or more". And there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with the majority, countless times has the majority been very wrong before

If you see more than those 2 topics where the overwhelming majority disagrees with me, then go ahead, name one. You CANNOT support a single claim you've made here because you lie and misrepresent the truth whenever it supports your interest.

On top of that, it's not even relevant - it's ok not to be a sheep bro, and to put your own opinion in the mix and not blindly follow/regurgitate everything you see. I don't think Kenshi needed buffs, it's fine that you disagree, so why not explain how I'm wrong, it's funny because not once when I've said it, have Kenshi players done anything but get all overly defensive, salty, and started flinging the insults around. There's plenty of good guys in this community, but sheesh there is some bad eggs.

Facts for you:
Kenshi before buffs -> you - he's ok (mid tier); us - he's bad (low tier)

Kenshi needed buffs -> you - no; us - yes

Making threads, voicing opinion that Kenshi is bad and needs buff -> you - no, people should stop crying etc....; us - it was needed
You guys voiced your opinion I voiced mine. Trying to silence people who disagree with you is hilarious.

And where is your logic? You don't play Kenshi, you argue with people who exclusively play Kenshi from day 1 and put a lot work into the character and have way better understanding (which is obvious) about how he works then you. Yet in your mind - you know better, lol. It's ironic, really.
Well, I do play Kenshi. If you looked at my post history, you would see in the thread I made (about deciding which of my off characters to focus on) just before I started posting in here, that I listed Kenshi as one of my most practiced characters. Why would I do this if this wasn't the case?

Regardless, I don't claim to be as familiar with him as you are, and certainly not as much as Pig is. I am not stupid, I will admit without any contest that you guys know him better than me. However, that was never the statement I was making, as I feel I know him well enough to draw an opinion, and you guys also being the ones with the most reason to lie and downplay makes me think it might just be exactly what you are doing for personal benefit.

And don't even get me started about who is a "bad poster", since i've helped dozen if not more people regarding playing with Kenshi here, publicly and also on PM which many can attest to. The difference between us is that i actually known what im talking about (Kenshi) and you don't. That's why you just shitpost and nobody here (Kenshi forums) agrees with you.
Well, this is just one slice of the forums, and I'm not in here to be helpful, just to give an opinion, you are the one shitting up your own boards just as much in these arguments bro, if you do have to bite everytime, maybe you should start countering the statements I'm making with logic and not personal insults lol

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Don't feed the trolls

LOL yes you do because it literally says my name in his post 5 times where he quoted me, so unless you have immortal blocked (who could blame you) then you know exactly who is posting, and I know you don't have me ignored since you have quoted my posts since the last time you threatened to do it lol. Also you know it's me because you always accuse me of being an alt ~_~

I GOT HANDS

Another person saying Kenshi was trash before the buff but given no logic to support it

You know, I'd be more inclined to believe you guys, if any of you EVER explained why or responded with ANYTHING but insults. You guys have some of the most toxic posters on this forum. As it stands I'm yet to see a more convincing argument then "BUt the majority TYM agreed on this!", which isn't a very convincing argument, given the history of dumb shit that the majority of TYM has agreed on, sometimes we right, sometimes we wrong.

Also, there is two different statements here. I'm not saying anything bad about Pig for SAYING his character is trash anymore, that was downplaying and it's his job to do it.

I'm saying his behaviour was ridiculous, ungraceful, and deserved the negative attention it recieved. Kenshi players can try to rewrite history, but it's pretty transparent and the fact that you support his actions just because he got you buffs is even more disgusting :D the ones of you who are doing this should be ashamed for not calling him out on it for your own sake, and defending his actions because they benefitted you

You can take your pick from any number of reasons why he was bad:

Slow ass pokes
Slow ass normals
Tons of useless strings that are bafflingly negative on block and offer no tactical use
Very few actually useable strings, therefore very linear/bad mixups
Crap range on said useable strings
Projectile options mostly all punishable from full screen
Limited, difficult, and very meter dependent comboability
No useful overhead outside of kenjustsu (which required meter to do anything worthwhile ever and had super tight links)
Overall, a very high risk/low reward character due to being very meter dependent and very punishable on basically everything

I don't even play Kenshi, but unlike the character I'm not blind. Dude had bottom tier written all over him.

I GOT HANDS

Literally. The first person who has ever given me an explanation to this point of view and not responded in insults.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I post plenty of useful stuff on these forums, even if in the Kenshi part of town it's just casting a realistic eye towards some of your statements. You can go ahead and put me on ignore, FYI you will be the first person, so keep making empty claims, the only other person who claimed to was Pig, when I said something very similar to him, but he's kept responding to and quoting me since then, so it was an empty promise just likes yours, and I couldn't care less if you do anyway, it will just mean I don't have to worry about you struggling to contest my statements. While I'm on the side of logic and reason, you are on the side that agrees with M2Dave about balance topics, and that thinks Pig's disugsting display of unsportsmanlike behaviour at public events is perfectly acceptable. I know who I would rather be.

But to reinstate, literally, quoting M2Dave's opinion on who we should listen to, is absolutely hilarious. Guy is the walking joke of TYM. Don't do it to yourself. If he says something, safe bet is generally that the opposite is more true.

Nobody's put you on ignore? Well allow me to break the ice...

Incidentally, if Pig's embarrassed himself and the NRS community, then your competitive figurehead in Brady should commit seppuku, along with the entire SZ forum.

The only reasons people bitched about Pig's conduct was that people like to bitch about Pig after the Big E thing and Pig is actually an exceptional player who's one of the best NRS players going. People like to take shots at the big targets.

It's why some prominent players who are more famous for whining and downplaying than tournament performance get away with so much shit and he doesn't. Like...yknow...Brady

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I want to see a rematch of Pig's Kenshi vs REO's Quan.

Their first match was awesome - and it made me be able to see Kenshi's character limitations. A rematch between such evenly matched high-level zoners would likely put things in much better focus.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Considering that M2Dave is a the joke of TYM amongst multiple online communitie, TYM itself included, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about that. This community as a whole will literally take a day one posters word over M2Daves that's how bad his rep is. He has a select few people, generally not the sharpest razors in the cabinet, who agree with him on everything, but for every 1 of them there is 10 who do the opposite.
Dave is a heel. It's what he does. He's also an Evo medalist and won of the best pure zoners in the community. He's got controversial opinions and he's kinda pathetic when it comes to Sonicfox but he's also a very good fighting game player with an excellent understanding of fighting games. You truly are an extraordinary shitposter and I again thank God for the ignore function

NHDR

Noob
Another person saying Kenshi was trash before the buff but given no logic to support it
Keep in mind I'm not a very good player, but here's why I think Kenshi was bad before the patch:

1. Telefury was very punishable from full screen! This alone pretty much negated everything Kenshi was supposed to be about.
2. Run was very useful against Kenshi's full screen options (still is, just more risky now)
3. Normals a bit on the slower side

Now he can at least control the screen space like he was supposed to, y'know? I have no doubt that pre-patch Kenshi would have been great if MKX had no run button, but zoners have to be balanced around it. He can at least throw out telefury more now without worry. Opponents are still going to get in on him the same way they previously did, but now he can truly control space and force mistakes.

Kenshi is a more complex zoner than the rest, I think his buffs are VERY fair. You have to account for every spot on the stage when you zone with him, along with being able to differentiate between his three zoning specials. Compare that to Kano, for example, who has one main zoning tool with a very straight-forward application.

Hope that helps. :)

I GOT HANDS

Keep in mind I'm not a very good player, but here's why I think Kenshi was bad before the patch:

1. Telefury was very punishable from full screen! This alone pretty much negated everything Kenshi was supposed to be about.
2. Run was very useful against Kenshi's full screen options (still is, just more risky now)
3. Normals a bit on the slower side

Now he can at least control the screen space like he was supposed to, y'know? I have no doubt that pre-patch Kenshi would have been great if MKX had no run button, but zoners have to be balanced around it. He can at least throw out telefury more now without worry. Opponents are still going to get in on him the same way they previously did, but now he can truly control space and force mistakes.

Kenshi is a more complex zoner than the rest, I think his buffs are VERY fair. You have to account for every spot on the stage when you zone with him, along with being able to differentiate between his three zoning specials. Compare that to Kano, for example, who has one main zoning tool with a very straight-forward application.

Hope that helps. :)
True that, I guess it's too late for me to test now but maybe it's right. I didn't feel like this was the case on my own at the time but nobody gave a cohorent response yet to why they felt Kenshi needed buffs in the multitude of threads where I asked for an explanation I was met with the usual

Nobody's put you on ignore? Well allow me to break the ice...

Incidentally, if Pig's embarrassed himself and the NRS community, then your competitive figurehead in Brady should commit seppuku, along with the entire SZ forum.

The only reasons people bitched about Pig's conduct was that people like to bitch about Pig after the Big E thing and Pig is actually an exceptional player who's one of the best NRS players going. People like to take shots at the big targets.

It's why some prominent players who are more famous for whining and downplaying than tournament performance get away with so much shit and he doesn't. Like...yknow...Brady
You think I like Brady? I don't support him any more than any other human being with an opinion, I judge it for what it is when he says it

I have no bias here, and called Brady out big time for what he was doing in the last thread he made. You can't hide behind this lol

That being said, I literally just said in my other post, whining and downplaying for buffs are one thing, and I don't blame Pig for that, and let's be honest while TB may do it a lot all do it on some level. Just said it before, that's not the issue.

Name the last time TB went to a tourney did what Pig did. Pig has his well earned rep amongst the fighting games community for being a bitch after that, and the fact that you won't admit it clearly shows your bias.

You guys are thoroughly convincing me now that Kenshi players are hands down TYMs worst community. Not by a couple of matters, not a single other one is even close to approaching your level of toxicity and I feel bad for the good people amongst you

MrProfDrPepper

What high level reptiles have you played? I've played both Cossner and SrryImWhite offline and we pretty much agree it's in Reptile's favor, I did win some vs Cossner but he clearly won the set. I'm sure Blackula would agree also.
I don't know I just played chefs reptile today and it didn't seem like a bad match up at all, seemed pretty in kenshis favor actually

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I don't know I just played chefs reptile today and it didn't seem like a bad match up at all, seemed pretty in kenshis favor actually
I dont think i ever seen chef play reptile i dont think he uses him much. Its like someone saying kano beats sub zero because they played my sub zero which i play but not main.

Im interested in the quan chi mu howd you do vs his quan chi? Was this offline?

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

I dont think i ever seen chef play reptile i dont think he uses him much. Its like someone saying kano beats sub zero because they played my sub zero which i play but not main.

Im interested in the quan chi mu howd you do vs his quan chi? Was this offline?
Yeah it was offline and he didn't use quan, and he uses reptile quite a bit just not in tournaments. He knows the strats the combos etc. I just really don't think it is a bad match up, and quan is no longer his main, he mains tempest kung Lao now

Last edited:

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
True that, I guess it's too late for me to test now but maybe it's right. I didn't feel like this was the case on my own at the time but nobody gave a cohorent response yet to why they felt Kenshi needed buffs in the multitude of threads where I asked for an explanation I was met with the usual
As an unbiased person looking at all this, it seemed you are genuinely curious why people thought kenshi was bad, but the way you asked and especially the way you started your questions seemed to put alot of people on blast and you say you should be able to express your opinion, but as much as you mean well you should try to be more mindful of how you come across, because you can have a valid opinion, but how you say it can mean the difference.

ex. I can be at a womans convention and say I think a woman should have the choice to be a homemaker, and not be put down for that, but if I say that valid opinion in that place or on a womans forum they would kill me over it, even though its a valid opinion.

Yeah it was offline and he didn't use quan, and he uses reptile quite a bit just not in tournaments. He knows the strats the combos etc. I just really don't think it is a bad match up, and quan is no longer his main, he mains tempest kung Lao now
Also why do you think everyone is switching to lao, just his strength in pressure, and armor/anti-air punishes

And is there any player really exploring possessed Kenshi?

MrProfDrPepper

Also why do you think everyone is switching to lao, just his strength in pressure, and armor/anti-air punishes

And is there any player really exploring possessed Kenshi?
yeah there are people exploring possessed, there is actually a thread created fairly recently dedicated to it, i feel like all the kenshi variations are equally good and it is all up to preference, there are definitely players exploring that variation, hell i am a bit too, but i still focus on balanced, as for lao, he has amazing defense with incredible punishes that lead to 40% incredible pressure that is all safe and he is overall fucking insane, like holy shit, you fuck up once and you are eating 40%

Reactions: GAV