What's new

Question - Kenshi So now that the buffs have been out...

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Possessed I don't think is that great it did get a little buff. Kenjustsu is good and hard but I feel awkward with him and I really like kenshi for his moves in balanced because the moves look cool like they did in mk9.
Got a nerf as well. Can't armor db1 a jump in that will land right next to you or a fast enough advancing normal. Whifffffffff

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
you are sincerely underestimating him, there are only a few match ups that stayed bad, I would say his only bad ones now are scorpion and raiden, and even then those are still overcomable, his pokes are much faster and more effective, he hardly has "t-rex normals" considering how insane his B1 range is and how his D4 is still very solid, anything outside his range he has specials to take care of that. I understand your skepticism but i really do think that these changes made him top ten, hell his main problem for me has always been how insanely negative his telefury was. If he was given anything else balanced would be broken as fuck, like a good overhead starter for example, that would be too much. I think that he is perfect as is right now and easily top 10.
Dont forget kung lao and reptile are also pretty bad + scorpion and raiden like you said i feel are his worst 4 the rest are doable except for a few variations.

Dont forget kung lao and reptile are also pretty bad + scorpion and raiden like you said i feel are his worst 4 the rest are doable except for a few variations.
i dont know how i feel about Kung Lao being bad MU. i watched a keshi player named j360 play glitches kunglao and he made that shit look real bad for kung lao. j360 played very smart and used the run button to literally just run to the other side of the stage somes. kenshi has decent strings up close and decent normals and when kenshi has meter you have to respect it. dont want to eat a ex RK. also i feel balanced is his best variation by far. also orochi whats up man? its vengeance NS

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
i dont know how i feel about Kung Lao being bad MU. i watched a keshi player named j360 play glitches kunglao and he made that shit look real bad for kung lao. j360 played very smart and used the run button to literally just run to the other side of the stage somes. kenshi has decent strings up close and decent normals and when kenshi has meter you have to respect it. dont want to eat a ex RK. also i feel balanced is his best variation by far. also orochi whats up man? its vengeance NS
Ive invited you to play man but u never respond thought you were upset at me cause i never logged after ki :p

Ive invited you to play man but u never respond thought you were upset at me cause i never logged after ki :p
naw man my notifications are never one, watch much netflix lol. dont ever get them. message me on fb if you want to play i always check it on my phone.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I think kenshi is incredibly strong, his meter building is almost unrivaled.i sometimes xray people twice in match, and these are people who know to avoid telflurries and such. I've always thought kenshi was good, but now hes very good in balanced.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This what I prefer the letter system as in S Tier, A Tier, B Tier and so on.

Because there could be 7 chars worth that top 5 spot and obviously that doesn't work so the letter system is a good indicated what level that chars at.

Same for bottom 5, people just assume bottom 5 is shit when they can possibly be tourwy viable imo .

I think kenshi is incredibly strong, his meter building is almost unrivaled.i sometimes xray people twice in match, and these are people who know to avoid telflurries and such. I've always thought kenshi was good, but now hes very good in balanced.
Man I saw ur kenshi on a stream jr was hosting. It was beautiful. U also don't just sit back and use zoning I go in which is how I play as well. Do u feel balanced is his best variation? How does it hang with the perceived top tiers?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Man I saw ur kenshi on a stream jr was hosting. It was beautiful. U also don't just sit back and use zoning I go in which is how I play as well. Do u feel balanced is his best variation? How does it hang with the perceived top tiers?
Thanks man, yes i feel balanced is the best variation by far. He has options that you have to respect on all parts of the screen which makes throwing viable for him as well. When he has someone cornered and he has meter they have little to no options. There are a few characters who give him issues, but for the most part he fights everyone really well.

Once you slow the pace of the game down its easy to react to the other players movements.

Thanks man, yes i feel balanced is the best variation by far. He has options that you have to respect on all parts of the screen which makes throwing viable for him as well. When he has someone cornered and he has meter they have little to no options. There are a few characters who give him issues, but for the most part he fights everyone really well.

Once you slow the pace of the game down its easy to react to the other players movements.
Are you going to any tourneys anytime soon or do u stream??

If you read it you can run away and whiff punish. The teleport has a lot of whiff recovery now, it will be an easy punish if you manage to run out of his teleport attack range. J2 into teleport is good, but people should blow it up with armor in between the j2 and teleport if the kung lao player just straight out abuses it.

Immortal

Blind justice....
People overestimate Kenshi Balanced variation. It's good but not as good as many people think it is.

TF while great it still has ton of recovery on whiff most people just refuse to neutral duck it. TKS is pretty bad since you can just react to it by running throu entire screen when you see the animation starts and whiff punish. Also most people dont respect EXRK upclose so they get catch by it when they try to poke / counter-poke.

As time will pass most tournament level players will adapt to that and then Balanced Kenshi will be seen as good variation (even great for some MUs) but no as awesome as people see it now.

On the flip side Kenjutsu is super strong now. With decent zoning, good 50/50 and high dmg its definitely Kenshi strongest variation atm and in conversation for top 10 maybe even top 6/7.

Last edited:

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
People are overestimate Kenshi Balanced variation. It's good but not as good as many people think it is.

TF while great it still has ton of recovery on whiff most people just refuse to neutral duck it. TKS is pretty bad since you can just react to it by running throu entire screen when you see the animation starts and whiff punish. Also most people dont respect EXRK upclose so they get catch by it when they try to poke / counter-poke.

As time will pass most tournament level players will adapt to that and then Balanced Kenshi will be seen as good variation (even great for some MUs) but no as awesome as people see it now.

On the flip side Kenjutsu is super strong now. With decent zoning, good 50/50 and high dmg its definitely Kenshi strongest variation atm and in conversation for top 10 maybe even top 6/7.
Agreed i think hes being upplayed a lot atm but time will tell. Maybe a few frames and pushback on tele push is enough to make him top 10...

kenjutsu is def beast mode but hard to master.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
fair enough dude, although i personally think possessed is just as strong as balanced, and that it is purely a preference thing, hell the reason it took me so long to pick up possessed was because sento is broken in that variation, and i am just like
Its extremely strong to make up for what he lacks in other aspects

But honestly, Kenshi was balcned before the buffs, nobody was complaining about him till they hopped on the Pig train of downplaying after his whinge campaign

Now he's too high,

Goddamn am in having fun with Kenjutsu however
And that "one frame link" really pretty saint that bad, if can get 19/20 reps and have a patience problem, hell it's more constant than a lot of my SZ combos

Immortal

Blind justice....
But honestly, Kenshi was balcned before the buffs, nobody was complaining about him till they hopped on the Pig train of downplaying after his whinge campaign
You again with this bullshit.....

Don't spread this nonsense. Anybody who actually mained Kenshi from the get go and put a lot work into him knew and said here on forums that Kenshi needed buffs. And we always said that he needed buffs a cross the board not just for one variation. He got them, he's fine now. That is all.

Lets NOT spread this atrocious upplaying. Especially by people who don't play this character and didn't play him before. Coz you're only insulting us, Kenshi day 1 mains, who stick with him even when he was in a really bad place.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Atrocious downplaying was spread, and results were given, c'mon Pig embarrassed us all and hurt the scene live at events for the sake of downplaying, now that Kenshi's been buffed can we just admit what we did and move on?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Atrocious downplaying was spread, and results were given, c'mon Pig embarrassed us all and hurt the scene live at events for the sake of downplaying, now that Kenshi's been buffed can we just admit what we did and move on?
Atrocious downplaying? Are serious?

In what universe Kenshi was ok or good in his "release" state before buffs? Please do tell me coz i play Kenshi since day 1, all variations. And i put into him XXX hours of work.

Pig didn't embarrassed anybody if you look at Kenshi forums and compare dates you will notice many of us said Kenshi was bad even before Pig of the Hut voiced his and ours opinion. Get your facts straight. He just travels the most of us and i would be pissed too if i would end up in corner with pre-patch Raiden with almost no options to do anything (just one example).

And don't say "we", coz you don't speak for the whole community and you certainly don'y speak for "us" - Kenshi community. Do "us" (Kenshi community) a favor and stay out of "our" forums with this shitposting.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Eeehhh I don't think reptile is a bad match up, Lao, maybe, reptile. No. Definitely not

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Well cant wait to see these kenshis at majors to show how good he is besides pig :)
My only problem is monay D: I fully admit that I'm not the best but I do think that if I finally can compete consistently I can get there and can improve to at least place decently. I can't wait to play in tournament