What's new

Question - Kenshi So now that the buffs have been out...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I believe as well KK is probably the best. The only thing he seems to lack is a full screen mid presence, although if bf3 remained a mid with the frames it has right now, it would be too good.

Balanced is good as well, but he has no mix ups like KK has. Though, his zoning is better than KK i believe. Possesed is probably somewhere in between.

KK is the way to go probably, although in some MU's, Balanced might be more suited. Its still too early to tell though.

As for bad MU's i believe KL (all variations), probably Raiden (especially TG) and perhaps HF Scorpion might give him some trouble, like 6-4 trouble. Still winnable ofc. Mileena seems tricky as well, but if you block her mix ups its gg wp.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Eeehhh I don't think reptile is a bad match up, Lao, maybe, reptile. No. Definitely not
What high level reptiles have you played? I've played both Cossner and SrryImWhite offline and we pretty much agree it's in Reptile's favor, I did win some vs Cossner but he clearly won the set. I'm sure Blackula would agree also.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
What high level reptiles have you played? I've played both Cossner and SrryImWhite offline and we pretty much agree it's in Reptile's favor, I did win some vs Cossner but he clearly won the set. I'm sure Blackula would agree also.
alright fair enough, I will go ahead and say when i do fight a high level reptile, @EGP Wonder_Chef Im finally going to a tournament on sunday over at laguna hills, the egp season tournament thing, if you are there do you mind helping me out with the reptile match up?

MrProfDrPepper

Sure, why me in particular for Reptile though? haha
because i know that you play reptile and i dont know of anyone else in SoCal that plays reptile at a high level. otherwise i would have put a fuck tone of tags with every socal player that knows reptile that i know of XD which, well i actually did,but thank you and i look forward to fighting you :) im sure it will help me level up my kenshi

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I say Kenshi is at a very good spot in terms of balance. Of course that's bound to change since pig has some technical saved up I'm sure.

MrProfDrPepper

I say Kenshi is at a very good spot in terms of balance. Of course that's bound to change since pig has some technical saved up I'm sure.
all the kenshi mains have at least one or two tricks up their sleeves, except me because i like sharing everything i learn so pretty much everything i know is already on the table lol

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Atrocious downplaying? Are serious?

In what universe Kenshi was ok or good in his "release" state before buffs? Please do tell me coz i play Kenshi since day 1, all variations. And i put into him XXX hours of work.

Pig didn't embarrassed anybody if you look at Kenshi forums and compare dates you will notice many of us said Kenshi was bad even before Pig of the Hut voiced his and ours opinion. Get your facts straight. He just travels the most of us and i would be pissed too if i would end up in corner with pre-patch Raiden with almost no options to do anything (just one example).

And don't say "we", coz you don't speak for the whole community and you certainly don'y speak for "us" - Kenshi community. Do "us" (Kenshi community) a favor and stay out of "our" forums with this shitposting.
He embarrassed himself, the entire NRS competitive scene by whining, raging, and being a TERRIBLE sportsman at live events, literally to the point where members of the fighting game community where discussing him as this games biggest bitch, live on stream

If you don't think he's an embarrassment, that's solely because hes your competitive figurehead and the guy who won got your mid tier character buffed to top 10

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I've noticed an increase in Kenshi players online nowadays, and they're presenting a good deal more of a challenge now with the buffs, primarily with Kenjutsu.

People were asking for Kenshi buffs way before Pig voiced his opinion. NRS released Kenshi with too many recovery frames neglecting that everyone can now run To avoid his zoning. He needed those buffs in order to balance out the running mechanic in MKX. Now he's really good. Not quit top 5 but most definitely top 10.

Now he's too high,
Top 10 in a game with less than 30 characters is too high? This is the same thing that some people said with Bane, who was similarly buffed from low tier to top 10. I don't see how being around 8th place is indicative of over-buffing.

Immortal

Blind justice....
He embarrassed himself, the entire NRS competitive scene by whining, raging, and being a TERRIBLE sportsman at live events, literally to the point where members of the fighting game community where discussing him as this games biggest bitch, live on stream

If you don't think he's an embarrassment, that's solely because hes your competitive figurehead and the guy who won got your mid tier character buffed to top 10
Most people actually agreed with Pig and us about Kenshi being bad, even on live streams.

And no i don't think he's an embarrassment. Hes not my competitive figurehead, thou i respect his accomplishment with the character and as person.

And for the record - Kenshi wasn't mid tier. Don't spread this bullshit.

Also @General M2Dave is right, you don't post anything remotely useful on this forums and i should just ignore you like many others already do.

Just do us all (Kenshi community) a favor and stay out of our forums with this shitposting. That is all.

MrProfDrPepper

look dude i know i said i stopped bitching for a reason, i loved the character so i stuck with him, and i wanted to get better with him and make him competitive, but that didnt mean i thought he was good or even mid tier, i thought he was mid low tier at best. yes i thought the bitching was a bit over excessive and that the community im in was exaggerating a bit, but i understood it, I understood why pig was so frustrated since he had to spend a fuck ton of money going to events he knew he wouldnt win because the character was holding him back, basically while it wasnt impossible to win tournaments, it made it 100,000 times more difficult, which needless to say, a pure blood tournament player like pig doesnt want to deal with. As for the online warriors, if they truly loved the character they had no excuse, i think they should have stayed since well, it is online, tiers dont make as much of a difference, online you can win with any character a a hell of a lot. Like it or not, kenshi players knew he was bad, i dont think he was god awful horrendous unusable, but he was not mid tier, maybe i thought he was mid tier at one point from cockiness and feeling the buzz of winning so much online due to people not knowing the match up and feeling my hard work pay off, granted i definitely would main the character even if he stayed the way he was or hell, even nerfed, but he definitely needed the buff to be viable in tournament play, and this buff is pretty much the perfect way to balance him, all the buffs to each variation were done absolutely beautifully.

I GOT HANDS

Most people actually agreed with Pig and us about Kenshi being bad, even on live streams.

And no i don't think he's an embarrassment. Hes not my competitive figurehead, thou i respect his accomplishment with the character and as person.

And for the record - Kenshi wasn't mid tier. Don't spread this bullshit.

Also @General M2Dave is right, you don't post anything remotely useful on this forums and i should just ignore you like many others already do.

Just do us all (Kenshi community) a favor and stay out of our forums with this shitposting. That is all.
I post plenty of useful stuff on these forums, even if in the Kenshi part of town it's just casting a realistic eye towards some of your statements. You can go ahead and put me on ignore, FYI you will be the first person, so keep making empty claims, the only other person who claimed to was Pig, when I said something very similar to him, but he's kept responding to and quoting me since then, so it was an empty promise just likes yours, and I couldn't care less if you do anyway, it will just mean I don't have to worry about you struggling to contest my statements. While I'm on the side of logic and reason, you are on the side that agrees with M2Dave about balance topics, and that thinks Pig's disugsting display of unsportsmanlike behaviour at public events is perfectly acceptable. I know who I would rather be.

But to reinstate, literally, quoting M2Dave's opinion on who we should listen to, is absolutely hilarious. Guy is the walking joke of TYM. Don't do it to yourself. If he says something, safe bet is generally that the opposite is more true.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

look dude i know i said i stopped bitching for a reason, i loved the character so i stuck with him, and i wanted to get better with him and make him competitive, but that didnt mean i thought he was good or even mid tier, i thought he was mid low tier at best. yes i thought the bitching was a bit over excessive and that the community im in was exaggerating a bit, but i understood it, I understood why pig was so frustrated since he had to spend a fuck ton of money going to events he knew he wouldnt win because the character was holding him back, basically while it wasnt impossible to win tournaments, it made it 100,000 times more difficult, which needless to say, a pure blood tournament player like pig doesnt want to deal with. As for the online warriors, if they truly loved the character they had no excuse, i think they should have stayed since well, it is online, tiers dont make as much of a difference, online you can win with any character a a hell of a lot. Like it or not, kenshi players knew he was bad, i dont think he was god awful horrendous unusable, but he was not mid tier, maybe i thought he was mid tier at one point from cockiness and feeling the buzz of winning so much online due to people not knowing the match up and feeling my hard work pay off, granted i definitely would main the character even if he stayed the way he was or hell, even nerfed, but he definitely needed the buff to be viable in tournament play, and this buff is pretty much the perfect way to balance him, all the buffs to each variation were done absolutely beautifully.
I can honestly understand the frustration as well, if you honestly perceived your character to suck so much. However, it's fully self inflicted, nobody is forcing him to spend that money to go to tournaments where you know your character is underpowered, nobody is forcing you to play an underpowered character, and neither of these things excuses his behaviour IMO.

It's ok to think Kenshi was in need of the buffs he got, obviously a lot of people feel that way, I do not, but it'll be the last time I say it, I've shared my opinion on this and it's ok that we disagree. However, it is NOT ok to handwave, support, or make excuses for Pigs bitchiness and unsportsmanlike behaviour, that was literally so bad it attracted a ton of negative attention towards our community.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I post plenty of useful stuff on these forums, even if in the Kenshi part of town it's just casting a realistic eye towards some of your statements. You can go ahead and put me on ignore, FYI you will be the first person, so keep making empty claims, the only other person who claimed to was Pig, when I said something very similar to him, but he's kept responding to and quoting me since then, so it was an empty promise just likes yours, and I couldn't care less if you do anyway, it will just mean I don't have to worry about you struggling to contest my statements. While I'm on the side of logic and reason, you are on the side that agrees with M2Dave about balance topics, and that thinks Pig's disugsting display of unsportsmanlike behaviour at public events is perfectly acceptable. I know who I would rather be.

But to reinstate, literally, quoting M2Dave's opinion on who we should listen to, is absolutely hilarious. Guy is the walking joke of TYM. Don't do it to yourself. If he says something, safe bet is generally that the opposite is more true.
You maybe got hands but you certainly lack.....

It didn't say i will put you on ignore list (like Xenforo function) literally i just said i should just ignore you (what you write) like many others (and there are many at this point). And i made you no promises, lol are you 5 or smtg?

I've checked your posts here (TYM) and like almost anywhere you post people disagree with you because either your arguments are weak or are complete pile of.... You just make unnecessary drama with shitposting.

And to finish this discussion about Pig. Either you agree or not regarding his behavior - he is an accomplish MK player on a competitive MK forums. That matters, which is obvious. You on other hand are not. Not to mention his understating of Kenshi is way above yours and yet you thought - you knew better (about Kenshi) - lol.

And while i often disagree with @General M2Dave i'm pretty sure he's like xxx times better (and have better understanding of) at this game or any NRS game for that matter then you. When you actually go to tourneys, compete then maybe somebody will be taking you "serious". For now you just shitpost. And im pretty sure that this community as a whole would take Dave words on almost anything regarding the game above you yours. That is a simple fact.

Plus like i see here (Kenshi forums) literally nobody agrees with you, so once more - do us a favor and stay out of Kenshi forums.

I GOT HANDS

Considering that M2Dave is a the joke of TYM amongst multiple online communitie, TYM itself included, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about that. This community as a whole will literally take a day one posters word over M2Daves that's how bad his rep is. He has a select few people, generally not the sharpest razors in the cabinet, who agree with him on everything, but for every 1 of them there is 10 who do the opposite.

The fact that you've taken time to delve my post history, says you care about this too much. You are arguing against the poster, not the statements being made, your response to me saying pigs behaviour is unacceptable?

"Well he's a pro player and you are not!"

Wow, how far up his ass are you going to brown nose him dude? What so we can't even comment on his rude and negative actions as a human being which have given our entire community a bad rep, unless we live in America and have the time/money/lack of real life commitments, to go travelling to tourneys? The two aren't even connected, and the fact that he is a pro player is even MORE reason to hold him to a higher standard.

Also, I've literally never had an opinion in here in which literally nobody agreed with me. This is factually 100% wrong. There was people who have agreed with all the statements I've made in here in plenty of other threads, not least of which, the ones about Pig, which literally had members of different fighting games weighing in with the same opinions. If however, you mean not having the majority agree with me, well I can think of two places where that was overwhelmingly case, and surprise surprise, it's when I'm in the Kenshi forums expressing my disproval of certain things, and when I'm in the Kano forums telling them to cool their jets on ridiculous balance demands. Surprise surprise. Or since you checked my post history, can you give any other examples?

Regardless it's irrelevant, because you think personal insults and "strength in numbers" on your own characters forum against someone debating the "Kenshi needs buffs" circlejerk, are a fine substitute for lack of supporting logic. Shit posting isn't disagreeing with people, shit posting is the original people who say stuff like "Kano needs to be buffed till he can compete equally with Raiden" which is literally the only thing I argued against in the Kano forums, and literally the ONLY reason M2Dave has his panties in a knot and all salty at me, because this in his "honest" (aka completely biased and self serving) opinion would add balance to the game. On the other hand, your comments are baseless, often lies and misdirection like this current post, and you are a terrible poster, and should stop trying to chase off any challenge to your statements with personal insults and requests to leave, I'm not narrow minded and I'm very open to have my opinion swayed and admitting I'm wrong when convinced, you should try supporting your statements with logic if you have any, rather than making requests for me to leave which I'm obviously not just going to submissively comply to, and rather than just using baseless fallbacks like "but you aren't a pro player" instead of actually countering the statements made.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Considering that M2Dave is a the joke of TYM amongst multiple online communitie, TYM itself included, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about that. This community as a whole will literally take a day one posters word over M2Daves that's how bad his rep is. He has a select few people, generally not the sharpest razors in the cabinet, who agree with him on everything, but for every 1 of them there is 10 who do the opposite.

The fact that you've taken time to delve my post history, says you care about this too much. You are arguing against the poster, not the statements being made, your response to me saying pigs behaviour is unacceptable?

"Well he's a pro player and you are not!"

Wow, how far up his ass are you going to brown nose him dude? What so we can't even comment on his rude and negative actions as a human being which have given our entire community a bad rep, unless we live in America and have the time/money/lack of real life commitments, to go travelling to tourneys? The two aren't even connected, and the fact that he is a pro player is even MORE reason to hold him to a higher standard.

Also, I've literally never had an opinion in here in which literally nobody agreed with me. This is factually 100% wrong. There was people who have agreed with all the statements I've made in here in plenty of other threads, not least of which, the ones about Pig, which literally had members of different fighting games weighing in with the same opinions. If however, you mean not having the majority agree with me, well I can think of two places where that was overwhelmingly case, and surprise surprise, it's when I'm in the Kenshi forums expressing my disproval of certain things, and when I'm in the Kano forums telling them to cool their jets on ridiculous balance demands. Surprise surprise. Or since you checked my post history, can you give any other examples?

Regardless it's irrelevant, because you think personal insults and "strength in numbers" on your own characters forum against someone debating the "Kenshi needs buffs" circlejerk, are a fine substitute for lack of supporting logic. Shit posting isn't disagreeing with people, shit posting is the original people who say stuff like "Kano needs to be buffed till he can compete equally with Raiden" which is literally the only thing I argued against in the Kano forums, and literally the ONLY reason M2Dave has his panties in a knot and all salty at me, because this in his "honest" (aka completely biased and self serving) opinion would add balance to the game. On the other hand, your comments are baseless, often lies and misdirection like this current post, and you are a terrible poster, and should stop trying to chase off any challenge to your statements with personal insults and requests to leave, I'm not narrow minded and I'm very open to have my opinion swayed and admitting I'm wrong when convinced, you should try supporting your statements with logic if you have any, rather than making requests for me to leave which I'm obviously not just going to submissively comply to, and rather than just using baseless fallbacks like "but you aren't a pro player" instead of actually countering the statements made.
I like how you responded to allegations of shitposting with a shitpost. Excellent gambit; can't wait to see if it pays off.

I GOT HANDS

I responded to a shitpost containing allegations of shit posting, with a shitpost

Shitpostception

This shitpost is proudly sponsored by M2Dave