MK9 or MKX

• MK9

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • MKX

Votes: 162 60.2%

• Total voters

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yep. Electric fly is a full combo punish on block.
If you got hit, you made a mistake.

From the very start of the round, yes. Sonic and Digit had an equal opportinity to corner the other.

You need to divorce yourself from emotion and look at it objectively.

You're acting like Errom Black's corner carry is small potatoes.

It's harsh, but it's not braindead. Sonic lost the nuetral game and had to deal with Digit's set play.

No different than anyone who lost the nuetral vs. Fox and had to deal with his set play.

Or that Sonic had no options to escape the corner. He might as well have put down the controller, right?
Ok while ending up in the corner can obviously always be traced back to yourself, it doesn't necessarily mean that there is equal opportunity to corner your opponent. Raiden can punish very heavily and quickly with say Electric fly, from full screen too, one button off just a couple of loose frames in on your game, and you're in the corner.

You can open yourself up the exact amount of frames at the exact same range vs say Kotal Kahn, and there is literally no possible way he can have you in the corner no matter what he does.

So no, while it is because of a mistake you made that you ended up in the corner, there is not equal opportunity to put your opponent there.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Injustice. Just remove the dlc characters and its fine!

Dam aquaman and bane...

Still prefer injustice the characters were awesome!

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Predator and Jason is awesome. Just as awesome as Freddy in MK9.

And i hate to burst your bubble, but Cassie Cage is ten times more interesting than Noob Saibot. He's a shadow ninja that wants to rule Earthrealm. Yaaaaawn.
Noob saibot is made of liquid so essentially he could stretch his thundercock full screen and choke u to death with it.that is far more interesting than the crash test dummie.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Roster and story wise, I'd choose MK2011 all day and any day. Graphics wise and play style, MKX.

Noob saibot is made of liquid so essentially he could stretch his thundercock full screen and choke u to death with it.that is far more interesting than the crash test dummie.
LMFAO WTF?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I do not know why everyone is down on the MKX roster. I think it is awesome. I really like all the new toons, especially D'vorah and Cassie.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
No Noob Saibot makes it pretty clean cut. Once they get Noob Saibot however, MKX will be well ahead

MK9 all the way. Fuck stamina cost back dashes and breakers, interactables, braindead variations(Kitana, Reptile), Injustice stages, stories where Cassie beats the guy who beat Satan himself, dumb roster. There, i said it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
A strong and independent woman meticulously designed by a team of men to be the "DAT ASS" girl of the game.

Also given this context I'd consider your definitions of clever and fun to be disturbing on a Lovecraftian level.
I wasn't aware we weren't playing MK because it was fun.

She's super classy.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Ok while ending up in the corner can obviously always be traced back to yourself, it doesn't necessarily mean that there is equal opportunity to corner your opponent. Raiden can punish very heavily and quickly with say Electric fly, from full screen too, one button off just a couple of loose frames in on your game, and you're in the corner.

You can open yourself up the exact amount of frames at the exact same range vs say Kotal Kahn, and there is literally no possible way he can have you in the corner no matter what he does.

So no, while it is because of a mistake you made that you ended up in the corner, there is not equal opportunity to put your opponent there.
Of course there is. You're focusing too much on character specific stuff. From the start of the round, each player has an equal opportunity to initiate offense.

The player who gets opened up first loses the nuetral and, due to the corner carry aspect of combos and yes, Kotal Kahn's corner carry is also fine, the player who was opened up now finds themselves either cornered or close to it.

Even if the player winning offense can't do it from midscreen(and there are very few who can't), the attacking player gets an oki attempt which could lead to another combo and into the corner.

Some characters can do it easier than others but, at the start of the round, before any button is pressed, all things are equal.

Is it just me or is the fucking NJP godlike in MKX.AA suck in MKX.The NJP seems safe get out jail free card.I see players doing 2 3 times in row.Kung Jin and Tekeda NJP are god like an I missing or is it lag reason why I cant punish it.MK9 you could do poke and not get hit not eat full combo.NJP rules in a MKX

You can defend against it.

In order for Raiden to push you to the corner he has to:

Hit you with an electric fly.
Carry you there with a combo.
Push you there on block with blockstring pressure.

Now, since Raiden really only uses lightning cancels in combos, it would have more than one block string to push you to the corner.

Which means he has to hit you with Electric Fly or carry you to the corner.

In every scenario, he has to initiate offense.

Now, how is offense initiated in this game?

Jump in attacks.
Running and canceling the run into a blockstring.
Downpoking and using the frame advantage to run in and apply a blockstring or 50/50.
Using armor to break through your opponent's offense.

In every scenario, the defending player has options. Could defensive options be better? Absolutely. Are some characters better equipped in defense than others? Yes. I'm not arguing that.

My argument is that if you cannot stop your opponent's offense, that it is YOUR FAULT, not the game's.

If they jump, you could anti air.
If they try to use armor, you could block and punish or bait the armor.
If they're using block strings to push you to the corner, you could try to use armor, poke out, or use block breaker.

You and Woolay Chi are trying to craft this narrative that this game is entirely luck based. It isnt. If it was, everyone would make top 8. Randoms would make top 8.

But the results have been surprisingly consistent for a supposedly luck-based, coin flip game.

Sonic Fox has been doing a lot of winning in this game.

Dizzy won, beating Fox and REO.

If you can't see a commonality between players with strong fundamentals winning tournaments over players who don't...

...then i think there is nothing i can say to change your negative outlook. You should probably drop the game.
Yeah you're arguing with a block wall here.

Zoning could be better, and anti airs could be stronger, but the people complaining about 50/50s are acting like you can just bypass any form of neutral and go straight into mix ups.

I'd argue that because offensive mix ups are so potent, the neutral game ends up being even more critical. So when Sonic or whoever gets 50/50'd to death, it is absolutely because he lost the neutral game.

Djt, Mit, and Sonic are the 3 best players right now, and they share one thing in common. They dominate consistently in the neutral game. Amazing spacing, and they almost never allow jump ins. As a result, they win.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
MK9. I like how the air isn't as rewarding as being on the ground, and like the fact that you have to play neutral more in MK9 than MKX. MKX is better in the sense that you have run, but I don't like the fact that some characters don't have to care about neutral, and are rewarded for just rushing you down and NRS making JIP's the b3 of MKX. I feel like if MK9 was more balanced (7-3 being the highest matchup advantage), and low tier was buffed to be able to handle top tier with Injustice's netcode, and a dedicated run button like MK3, it would be one of the best MK games made.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
MK9. I like how the air isn't as rewarding as being on the ground, and like the fact that you have to play neutral more in MK9 than MKX. MKX is better in the sense that you have run, but I don't like the fact that some characters don't have to care about neutral, and are rewarded for just rushing you down and NRS making JIP's the b3 of MKX. I feel like if MK9 was more balanced (7-3 being the highest matchup advantage), and low tier was buffed to be able to handle top tier with Injustice's netcode, and a dedicated run button like MK3, it would be one of the best MK games made.
:eek:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
MKX and it's not even close for me. This game is way more fluid, fast paced, and intense. I don't mind the 50/50s because I came from Marvel and I'm used to that. I also went from Jade to Cassie, so that may have something to do with it.