What's new

General/Other So maybe Sub's 50/64% reset is a liiiiiitlle overpowered....

This is how it is in the game fighting world. If its in the game, its viable. If they are beaten by it, then they are beaten. No way around that. The reset isnt exactly 'novice level'. If you are able to do it online against a Kung Lao, you must be doing something right. Dont pull down your skill level just because of his failure to adapt. Besides, if he rage quits, I doubt hes a skilled player at all. Rage quitters are quitters. Rage quitting doesnt deserve recognition.
this attitude is great assuming the developers knew what they were doing...but games are made by humans, not gods.

because, you could use the same argument to defend a 10-frame 100% normal with no input require other than one button. Fact is, some shit just isn't fair. I'm not going to say whether sub's reset is or not, but there is a line where people have to stop with the ego-business and evaluate whats really happening, and who deserved to win. Problem is, because of egos, peoples fears of being labeled, and looking out for number 1, its basically in the sole hands of the developers,

..who are regular people who make mistakes.

Does NO ONE understand that the reset is only worthwhile in the corner? No one?

Sub's 2 2 is a much better combo opener than his 2 1 2, period. Most of his normals are ass outside of combos, and no one seems to realize that the 2 2 is largely why he's so high-tier. Sure, he can freeze you for big damage, but that's only so useful if he doesn't have a good way to set that up. 2 1 2 is fine in the corner, but from midscreen, it's nowhere near as effective.

Damage < Reliability, period. Kung Lao has trouble racking up anything over 30% from midscreen, and that doesn't stop him from mowing people down. Something to think about.
sonya too, even though she has 50% combos, most likely you're just going to see a steady stream of 25% 19% 30% and then maybe once or twice a full match you'll see a 39%

Creepy00

Noob
Does NO ONE understand that the reset is only worthwhile in the corner? No one?

Sub's 2 2 is a much better combo opener than his 2 1 2, period. Most of his normals are ass outside of combos, and no one seems to realize that the 2 2 is largely why he's so high-tier. Sure, he can freeze you for big damage, but that's only so useful if he doesn't have a good way to set that up. 2 1 2 is fine in the corner, but from midscreen, it's nowhere near as effective.

Damage < Reliability, period. Kung Lao has trouble racking up anything over 30% from midscreen, and that doesn't stop him from mowing people down. Something to think about.
Not Really, Sub has still corner pressure out of his reset in the corner. Why one waste one bar in the corner, while Sub has the best corner game in the game. I never use this outside Midscreen, cause it a good push back into a corner. 212 iceclones is good as 22 IMO It tends people to rush since 212 is punishable. And Nope 22 isnt his only best normal, his d4, d3, 21, b12 are good pressure tools. And you got it Reverse Reliability > Damage. Why do you go back to the cyber or sektor forums where people like to discuss with you ;)

Reminds me of the Cyrax player last night, who had to resort to the UMK3 skin to bomb trap me to win. Since he couldn't pull off the resets in the first place. I think he wondered why I didn't reply with a "GG".
Yeah Cyrax is just dumb.

I can't count the number of times I just completely dominated Cyrax. Whole round, one sided. 70% vs 5% life lead. Then out of nowhere I get caught by a random net. And it's not because the Cyrax player was a Jedi or even made a good read, it's just because I fucked up something. And boom, 70% reset. I'm dead.

Now if someone dares to tell me that the Cyrax player won because "he played better than me" then I'm just gonna punch that guy in the face. Anyone who watched that fight could tell that I played 100 times better than him. I just made 2 mistakes vs 20 mistakes from the Cyrax player yet I'm the one who loses the match. That's not what I call a fair fight.

That's why all damage scale resets need to go. Cyrax, Sub and Smoke don't need that kind of BS to win.

Altaire

Noob
Not Really, Sub has still corner pressure out of his reset in the corner. Why one waste one bar in the corner, while Sub has the best corner game in the game. I never use this outside Midscreen, cause it a good push back into a corner. 212 iceclones is good as 22 IMO It tends people to rush since 212 is punishable. And Nope 22 isnt his only best normal, his d4, d3, 21, b12 are good pressure tools. And you got it Reverse Reliability > Damage. Why do you go back to the cyber or sektor forums where people like to discuss with you ;)
Because apparently, I have to educate smartassed idiots like yourself who don't know how to play Sub Zero. I'll just be blunt: That smarmy, condescending bullshit about going back to the Sektor forums was completely uncalled for, so congrats, you've earned my completely unadulterated take on what a scrub you are. Feel free to go crying to the mod staff about how someone was mean to you in retaliation for being an asshole.

Sub can get a whopping 30% damage off 2 1 2 in the corner, outside of this reset. The corner is the only place where 2 1 2 is more beneficial to you than 2 2, because if you try to 2 2 4 clone, the clone will whiff. Why the hell would you even CONSIDER 30% over 64% in the corner, for a whopping one meter difference? It doesn't matter how good his corner game is, because there's no guarantee that you can pin your opponent there. If you do 64% as soon as you get your opponent in the corner, that can make the difference between winning or losing a match. If you don't think a difference of 34% is worth one bar just because "Subs has the best corner game", you really have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

2 1 2 clone is nowhere near as good as 2 2 4, period. First off, saying "it tends people to rush" is in no way accurate; how can you say what it "tends" a good player to do? Anyone who's even half-assed decent at the game will realize that if they're getting consistently punished for using the same tactic, they need to stop using it, and so they will. This sort of low-level mindgame operates on the assumption that your opponent is retarded, and it only goes to show what a scrub you are; no one with even a shred of self-respect counts on his opponent's stupidity to win. 2 1 2 clone ISN'T punishable, by the way, but the last hit of both 2 1 strings can be interrupted by armor attacks. Here's the problem with that: You're just going to be giving them guaranteed damage and knockdown advantage. You're just giving Scorpion a full combo off EX spear. You're just giving Kenshi a combo off EX upslash. You're just giving Raiden a combo off EX shocker. How does this goad an opponent into rushing in? If a smart opponent sees you doing this and he has any means of interrupting it, he's just going to bait you into using it and run you into the ground when you do. The only time you should be using 2 1 2 as a combo starter is in the corner, both for 1) the reset and 2) the more convenient clone positioning, as the clone will whiff after a 2 2 4 against a cornered opponent.

And holy shit, did you really just say B1 2 is a good pressure tool? B1 2, with its tiny hitbox, for 2% more than 2 2? Yeah, no. B1 2 is worthless outside of combos. It has no practical/functional purpose over 2 2, and the only time you should use it to start a combo off a confirmed jump-in punch or a guaranteed punish. Yes, Sub's D4 is good. Too bad that's not a combo starter, making it in no way relevant to the point I brought up; good call, jackass.

Oh, and by the way:

And you got it Reverse Reliability > Damage.
...This is literally the exact same thing that I said. You said Reliability > Damage. I said the following:

See that little less than sign, son? You know, the one that we all learned how to use in second grade? Not only that, but the point I made about Kung Lao is only applicable if reliability is superior to damage, and if you were even halfway intelligent, that's the point where you would've gone "Wait, this doesn't make sense, let me re-read that". Congrats, you're a fucking moron.

P.S. Here's the underlying issue with your whole reset: If your opponent just eats the B2, you wasted that meter for pitiful damage. Even if you go for a B2 cancel reset, you wasted that meter for what, a potential reset opportunity? Again, something that no one seems to realize.

I disagree.
Look at cyrax...one maybe 2 bars and 70+% gone all from 1 net.
It's bull. He needs sorting waaaayyy before subby.

King

Sig Maker
I disagree.
Look at cyrax...one maybe 2 bars and 70+% gone all from 1 net.
It's bull. He needs sorting waaaayyy before subby.
And there's Cyrax players out there that say that Cyrax NEEDS that 70% reset...

To be on topic though, the reset is overpowered because it's not an actual combo- it is only putting together two combos by exploiting the game. IMO, all of these retarded guaranteed resets need to go. Resets are supposed to be setups for damage not guaranteed damage.

Creepy00

Noob
Because apparently, I have to educate smartassed idiots like yourself who don't know how to play Sub Zero. I'll just be blunt: That smarmy, condescending bullshit about going back to the Sektor forums was completely uncalled for, so congrats, you've earned my completely unadulterated take on what a scrub you are. Feel free to go crying to the mod staff about how someone was mean to you in retaliation for being an asshole.

Sub can get a whopping 30% damage off 2 1 2 in the corner, outside of this reset. The corner is the only place where 2 1 2 is more beneficial to you than 2 2, because if you try to 2 2 4 clone, the clone will whiff. Why the hell would you even CONSIDER 30% over 64% in the corner, for a whopping one meter difference? It doesn't matter how good his corner game is, because there's no guarantee that you can pin your opponent there. If you do 64% as soon as you get your opponent in the corner, that can make the difference between winning or losing a match. If you don't think a difference of 34% is worth one bar just because "Subs has the best corner game", you really have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

2 1 2 clone is nowhere near as good as 2 2 4, period. First off, saying "it tends people to rush" is in no way accurate; how can you say what it "tends" a good player to do? Anyone who's even half-assed decent at the game will realize that if they're getting consistently punished for using the same tactic, they need to stop using it, and so they will. This sort of low-level mindgame operates on the assumption that your opponent is retarded, and it only goes to show what a scrub you are; no one with even a shred of self-respect counts on his opponent's stupidity to win. 2 1 2 clone ISN'T punishable, by the way, but the last hit of both 2 1 strings can be interrupted by armor attacks. Here's the problem with that: You're just going to be giving them guaranteed damage and knockdown advantage. You're just giving Scorpion a full combo off EX spear. You're just giving Kenshi a combo off EX upslash. You're just giving Raiden a combo off EX shocker. How does this goad an opponent into rushing in? If a smart opponent sees you doing this and he has any means of interrupting it, he's just going to bait you into using it and run you into the ground when you do. The only time you should be using 2 1 2 as a combo starter is in the corner, both for 1) the reset and 2) the more convenient clone positioning, as the clone will whiff after a 2 2 4 against a cornered opponent.

And holy shit, did you really just say B1 2 is a good pressure tool? B1 2, with its tiny hitbox, for 2% more than 2 2? Yeah, no. B1 2 is worthless outside of combos. It has no practical/functional purpose over 2 2, and the only time you should use it to start a combo off a confirmed jump-in punch or a guaranteed punish. Yes, Sub's D4 is good. Too bad that's not a combo starter, making it in no way relevant to the point I brought up; good call, jackass.

Oh, and by the way:

...This is literally the exact same thing that I said. You said Reliability > Damage. I said the following:

See that little less than sign, son? You know, the one that we all learned how to use in second grade? Not only that, but the point I made about Kung Lao is only applicable if reliability is superior to damage, and if you were even halfway intelligent, that's the point where you would've gone "Wait, this doesn't make sense, let me re-read that". Congrats, you're a fucking moron.

P.S. Here's the underlying issue with your whole reset: If your opponent just eats the B2, you wasted that meter for pitiful damage. Even if you go for a B2 cancel reset, you wasted that meter for what, a potential reset opportunity? Again, something that no one seems to realize.
Lol, So you Jump to a conclusion that i dont sub at all and that you need to explain to me cause i m smartassed idiot. No thanks i know sub probably better than you and should be me explain you Sub. I m well on the sub forums for helping the sub community, having a great sub zero and Hell the creator of the sub 51% midscreen Reset. That pretty much says i know the character well enough to talk about him.

Alright we do agree sub 212 is better than 22 in the corner, However if you think Sub corner reset is the best option out of all the others, Then you are the one who doesnt really Know sub corner game. First you do know Sub s Meter is his life, right? That said, sub can do 38 with 214, iceball, 4, 224 slide, or 37 with if you switch around, 224 start up. 224 on it s own beats Most wake up on reaction allowing you combo them to the 37%. And still afterwards, you can pressure and make the same damage as the reset. By you saying the reset corner is a better option you aware of what he can really do in the corner. Sure it guarantee but you can do the same with corner combos pressure. Plus you save a meter for what could determine your victory. His gameplay is based on his Xray. You want them as sub to still expose and do mistakes where you punish them.

I never said 212 is better than 224, i said it the same. 212 iceclone is safer then 224 iceclone IMO, plus if the combos hits you can do sub reset out of it, so how it isnt as good 224. Sure 22 is a great poking/pressure so is 21. Only one thing sub 21 isnt a great AA as 22. So the same goes with 22, dont you think people would realize the same tactics? i thought you would ve realize that i would mix up my game, But get i was wrong. Of course everyone sub knows to mix up, what does do it the same thing accomplish once your opponent knows your tactics. Guess, i gotta be more clear. Looks like you are the scrub. Sure 212 can be interrupted but one would keep that in mind and cancel into 21 rather then being punish. So you are are safe, this varies through cause people would Rather block then using one meter to punish you. So there is a point taking the risk. The same would go to 212 in the corner then, how do you then know when to for it? Easy taking risks and from there tweak your gameplay. Of course dont risking when you ve low health. 224 does whiff, but like i said, it stops wake up attacks and like u said the 22 on its own is his better normal. You can do 22, into another pressure normal.

And yes i did say b12 is a good pressure tool, cause once it connects you can immediately follow up with 212 iceclone or other combo. Safe also. And i m seein you saying the sub d4 isnt a combo start up. Lmao do you know how good it is and how you can mix up with it. Im sorry, Sub pokes doesnt confirm like Reptile. On this point, i dont know what you making yourself look.

Well, so i made an error but you basically come here without knowin sub at all and saying How subzero players overlook how good the reset is the corner. Lol you are one to know to talk. And what i meant by why do you got back to ..... is because i knew you didnt know sub gameplay out of his reset, i was right :D. You most of times want to be end up bein right, trying to avoid a sub questionin you and he ended up in this situation without knowing sub the well. So, Reacting like you did, means that you know that. If i were you, i wouldnt care people even bring something like that up,in the end you are Helping arent you? I would use against them, and it isnt only me who thinks like that.

King

Sig Maker
What are peoples thoughts on Noob Saibot's black hole reset? That's another really tough reset to get out of.
It isn't too tough to get out of; backward roll into forward jump. But hey, even if it was tough to get out of, it's still possible to escape unlike Sub's reset.

Creepy00

Noob
What are peoples thoughts on Noob Saibot's black hole reset? That's another really tough reset to get out of.
Check sub matchup threads, we talk about it recently plus A good Noob player gave his inside on how he plays and sees the match up. Pretty helpful. He talked about noobs reset also i think.

Altaire

Noob
Lol, So you Jump to a conclusion that i dont sub at all and that you need to explain to me cause i m smartassed idiot. No thanks i know sub probably better than you and should be me explain you Sub. I m well on the sub forums for helping the sub community, having a great sub zero and Hell the creator of the sub 51% midscreen Reset. That pretty much says i know the character well enough to talk about him.
Uh, bullshit. If you're talking about the EX groundfreeze reset, everyone seems to credit Check with that, though I've seen a handful of people doing EX ground freeze to continue a combo for many more months than that. If you're the "creator", then by all means, prove it.

I jumped to the conclusion that you don't know Sub because if you did, you'd understand that your methods are retarded. You can't get very far with Sub Zero using the sort of stupid shit you've suggested in this topic. Your concepts

Alright we do agree sub 212 is better than 22 in the corner, However if you think Sub corner reset is the best option out of all the others, Then you are the one who doesnt really Know sub corner game. First you do know Sub s Meter is his life, right?
Uh, no. No, it isn't. Sub is probably one of the absolute most meter-free characters in the entire game. Meter is important no matter what character you are, but Sub is one of the few characters whose plan of attack doesn't require meter. Sub uses meter for two things, primarily: X-ray, and EX freeze. He only needs EX freeze in matchups where he's unable to trade, and while his X-ray is great for punishing projectiles, it's far from required to win. Other than that, EX freeze is occasionally useful as a wakeup to cut through projectiles, or as a combo ender to direct your opponent towards the corner. Great, so Sub's only consistently useful EX attack is his freeze, which he only needs to do if he's unable to land an ice ball otherwise. What else are you going to use meter for? Oh, right, that 60% reset of his. Yeah, good call.

That said, sub can do 38 with 214, iceball, 4, 224 slide, or 37 with if you switch around, 224 start up. 224 on it s own beats Most wake up on reaction allowing you combo them to the 37%. And still afterwards, you can pressure and make the same damage as the reset. By you saying the reset corner is a better option you aware of what he can really do in the corner. Sure it guarantee but you can do the same with corner combos pressure. Plus you save a meter for what could determine your victory. His gameplay is based on his Xray. You want them as sub to still expose and do mistakes where you punish them.
Ooooh, 38 percent, that's definitely comparable to 64. How the hell is Sub's gameplay "based on" his X-ray? Yeah, his X-ray is useful. That doesn't mean he absolutely relies on it to win. How many times has Tom Brady missed the X-ray completely, and still won? How many times did you see Denzel Terry use his X-ray at Evo, in both the games he won with Subs? Fun fact: The best Sub-Zero player I know seldom uses his meter for anything other than breaker, and that doesn't stop him from being dominant. More than that, you're comparing an attack that does 36% for three bars outside of a combo, or what, around 50% in combos? You can get up to 54% with an X-ray off his refreeze from midscreen, which can be as high as 67% off a jump in punch B1 2, and you're still just barely over what you could do with one bar in the corner. Basically, what you're telling me is that it's more worthwhile to spend three bars for 36% than it is to spend one bar for 64%, which is most often enough to give you the round then and there. At this point, I almost want to ask if you're mathematically retarded, but then, you don't even understand how the hell a less-than sign works.

I never said 212 is better than 224, i said it the same. 212 iceclone is safer then 224 iceclone IMO, plus if the combos hits you can do sub reset out of it, so how it isnt as good 224. Sure 22 is a great poking/pressure so is 21. Only one thing sub 21 isnt a great AA as 22. So the same goes with 22, dont you think people would realize the same tactics? i thought you would ve realize that i would mix up my game, But get i was wrong.
Jesus christ, trying to read what you've written pains me. Did you ever think that maybe you should learn to speak English properly before you start using it to start shit to people? In either case, you have the absolute scrubbiest mentality where "mixing up your game" is concerned. Functionally, 2 1 is strictly inferior to 2 2 as a poke or pressure tool. They do the exact same thing, but 2 1 just isn't as good at it. How the hell is it mixing it up if you do the same thing, but worse? Characters like Kung Lao and Cage can mix it up by alternating pressure strings with different hitlevels and combo properties, because those are functionally different and force your opponent to keep guessing. Alternating 2 2 and 2 1 doesn't keep your opponent guessing, because he can block both of them the exact same way (except, y'know, it's much easier for him to cross you up if you're doing 2 1). The only guess your opponent has to make when you start using 2 1 to mix it up is what sort of mental illness you have.

Oh, and 2 2 4 clone/2 1 2 clone are both equally safe from midscreen, while 2 1 2 is only safer in the corner because 1) the clone is closer to them than it would be from midscreen and 2) the clone usually whiffs after a 2 2 4 in the corner. They have roughly the same coverage, and anything that can punish you through the clone on a 2 2 4 will still punish you through the clone on 2 1 2, such as Ermac's telepush, Kenshi's teleflurry and every ranged armor attack known to man. There is no difference whatsoever between 2 1 2 clone and 2 2 4 clone, other than the fact that 2 1 2 clone occasionally pushes you further away, ostensibly at random. That really doesn't mean jack shit, because your opponent already can't pursue you through a 2 2 4 clone in most cases, and if he can do it by any means, he can do it just as easily off a max distance 2 1 2 clone. You were saying?

Of course everyone sub knows to mix up, what does do it the same thing accomplish once your opponent knows your tactics. Guess, i gotta be more clear. Looks like you are the scrub. Sure 212 can be interrupted but one would keep that in mind and cancel into 21 rather then being punish. So you are are safe, this varies through cause people would Rather block then using one meter to punish you. So there is a point taking the risk.
Jesus tapdancing christ, are you seriously this stupid? You mean to tell me that it's more beneficial for your opponent to block than it is to combo off an armor move? If your opponent has an armor move that can lead into a combo, interrupting 2 1 2 is a GUARANTEED punish, every single time you attempt it, that can safely be done on reaction. I'm not saying they have a chance to do this, I'm saying that they can easily go "Oh, he's doing 2 1 again, I can use the delay for a punish". Scorpion can EX spear for a full combo. Raiden can EX shocker for a full combo. Rain can EX roundhouse for a full combo. Skarlet can EX red dash into an upslash for a full combo. Kenshi can EX upslash and won't always get a full combo, but he'll get a minimum of 22% for one bar. These are just a few examples of the many, and anyone using these characters would be retarded not to capitalize on a 100% guaranteed combo punish just for blocking this string. Yet again, you rely on the stupidity of your opponent to carry you through the round, which is the epitome of scrubbery.

The same would go to 212 in the corner then, how do you then know when to for it? Easy taking risks and from there tweak your gameplay. Of course dont risking when you ve low health. 224 does whiff, but like i said, it stops wake up attacks and like u said the 22 on its own is his better normal. You can do 22, into another pressure normal.
...How do you then know when to for it? What in the sweet fuck did you even say? I say again: If you're going to use English to start shit with people for no reason, learn to speak it first. I don't do charity, least of all not for scrubs like you.

And yes i did say b12 is a good pressure tool, cause once it connects you can immediately follow up with 212 iceclone or other combo. Safe also. And i m seein you saying the sub d4 isnt a combo start up. Lmao do you know how good it is and how you can mix up with it. Im sorry, Sub pokes doesnt confirm like Reptile. On this point, i dont know what you making yourself look.
Well no shit you can immediately follow B1 2 with a 2 1 2: You can just as easily do that with 2 2. I can only assume you mean B1 2 freeze, because I highly doubt B1 2 jails. On that note, congratulations, you completely misunderstood the point I made about D4; I don't mean to say I'm surprised, considering you misunderstood the purpose of a less-than sign, too. D4 isn't a combo starter, and even if you can D4 freeze, that isn't confirmable, and you run the risk of eating a full combo for it. Sub's D4 isn't a combo starter, it's just a means of jailing them so a 2 2 or B1 2 followup will connect every time.

Well, so i made an error but you basically come here without knowin sub at all and saying How subzero players overlook how good the reset is the corner. Lol you are one to know to talk. And what i meant by why do you got back to ..... is because i knew you didnt know sub gameplay out of his reset, i was right :D. You most of times want to be end up bein right, trying to avoid a sub questionin you and he ended up in this situation without knowing sub the well. So, Reacting like you did, means that you know that. If i were you, i wouldnt care people even bring something like that up,in the end you are Helping arent you? I would use against them, and it isnt only me who thinks like that.
Annnd, yet again, I can't even clearly understand what the hell you just said. If English is your first language, holy shit, you're a waste of air. If it isn't, you're excused for speaking it poorly, but that doesn't change the fact that you attacked me out of nowhere with a language you can't speak for shit. Any flak you take was altogether deserved from that point on, so soak it up. In either case, good talk. Keep on bottomfeeding with your Scrub Zero, and telling yourself that it makes you good.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Are you serious? "It takes no skill whatsoever?" Then explain why the timing is so strict and why I see some Sub-Zero players drop it a lot?
Most sub zero players drop it because most players in general dont know their own character very well. Theres no reason for anybody that mains sub zero to not know how long the claws take to fully charge and how long it takes for an opponent to unfreeze from ground ice or a normal freeze

Altaire

Noob
Oh, and:

And there's Cyrax players out there that say that Cyrax NEEDS that 70% reset...

To be on topic though, the reset is overpowered because it's not an actual combo- it is only putting together two combos by exploiting the game. IMO, all of these retarded guaranteed resets need to go. Resets are supposed to be setups for damage not guaranteed damage.
You're looking at it the wrong way, though. Let's take a character like Sub Zero: His refreeze gives him the opportunity to get up to 45-ish percent from midscreen, where he normally caps out at around 35. Functionally, it works just like one straight combo for 45 percent, as opposed to two combos that total up to it. In the end, a guaranteed reset combo for 45 percent is no different than, say, Cyrax using one meter to get 45%, and he can get as high as 55% off one bar without exploiting resets. Similarly, Cyber Subs bomb trap gives him 52% from midscreen (on average, assuming your opponent blocks the second half of the string), but it's not so much a setup as it is one big 52% combo, which is unsafe on block, and should only be used on a guaranteed punish (typically off a jump in punch). Sektor, in contrast, has a legitimate 52% combo for one meter, which is functionally identical: It's punishable on block, but if you have a guaranteed punish opportunity, you can land it off a jump-in punch to capitalize. Mechanically, these attacks are obviously very different, but functionally and practically, they're exactly the same.

I don't think that all resets need to go because they're resets, as a lot of characters rely on those to have a competitive edge. I think that certain resets need to go because they're gamebreaking, as is the case with Cyrax's: It can be argued that Sub Zero needs his refreeze to have an edge over heavy hitters like Nightwolf or Sektor, but Cyrax certainly doesn't need to be doing 60, 70 or 80 percent damage. Also, take into account that you're confusing a combo reset with a reset combo (boy, I sure wish we had better terminology for this shit). A reset combo is a guaranteed combo link for a fixed damage total, as with Cyber Sub's bomb trap or Cyrax's buzzsaw resets. A combo reset is just a setup that gives you a potential opportunity to start another, completely fresh combo usually because it jails (i.e. Smoke's 2 1 4 telepunch, Sub's B1 2 1 after a freeze, or any Rain combo ending in the bubble).

...I realize Sub's refreeze is never guaranteed anyhow, but we're just using it as an example, here.

Creepy00

Noob
Uh, bullshit. If you're talking about the EX groundfreeze reset, everyone seems to credit Check with that, though I've seen a handful of people doing EX ground freeze to continue a combo for many more months than that. If you're the "creator", then by all means, prove it.

I jumped to the conclusion that you don't know Sub because if you did, you'd understand that your methods are retarded. You can't get very far with Sub Zero using the sort of stupid shit you've suggested in this topic. Your concepts

Uh, no. No, it isn't. Sub is probably one of the absolute most meter-free characters in the entire game. Meter is important no matter what character you are, but Sub is one of the few characters whose plan of attack doesn't require meter. Sub uses meter for two things, primarily: X-ray, and EX freeze. He only needs EX freeze in matchups where he's unable to trade, and while his X-ray is great for punishing projectiles, it's far from required to win. Other than that, EX freeze is occasionally useful as a wakeup to cut through projectiles, or as a combo ender to direct your opponent towards the corner. Great, so Sub's only consistently useful EX attack is his freeze, which he only needs to do if he's unable to land an ice ball otherwise. What else are you going to use meter for? Oh, right, that 60% reset of his. Yeah, good call.

Ooooh, 38 percent, that's definitely comparable to 64. How the hell is Sub's gameplay "based on" his X-ray? Yeah, his X-ray is useful. That doesn't mean he absolutely relies on it to win. How many times has Tom Brady missed the X-ray completely, and still won? How many times did you see Denzel Terry use his X-ray at Evo, in both the games he won with Subs? Fun fact: The best Sub-Zero player I know seldom uses his meter for anything other than breaker, and that doesn't stop him from being dominant. More than that, you're comparing an attack that does 36% for three bars outside of a combo, or what, around 50% in combos? You can get up to 54% with an X-ray off his refreeze from midscreen, which can be as high as 67% off a jump in punch B1 2, and you're still just barely over what you could do with one bar in the corner. Basically, what you're telling me is that it's more worthwhile to spend three bars for 36% than it is to spend one bar for 64%, which is most often enough to give you the round then and there. At this point, I almost want to ask if you're mathematically retarded, but then, you don't even understand how the hell a less-than sign works.

Jesus christ, trying to read what you've written pains me. Did you ever think that maybe you should learn to speak English properly before you start using it to start shit to people? In either case, you have the absolute scrubbiest mentality where "mixing up your game" is concerned. Functionally, 2 1 is strictly inferior to 2 2 as a poke or pressure tool. They do the exact same thing, but 2 1 just isn't as good at it. How the hell is it mixing it up if you do the same thing, but worse? Characters like Kung Lao and Cage can mix it up by alternating pressure strings with different hitlevels and combo properties, because those are functionally different and force your opponent to keep guessing. Alternating 2 2 and 2 1 doesn't keep your opponent guessing, because he can block both of them the exact same way (except, y'know, it's much easier for him to cross you up if you're doing 2 1). The only guess your opponent has to make when you start using 2 1 to mix it up is what sort of mental illness you have.

Oh, and 2 2 4 clone/2 1 2 clone are both equally safe from midscreen, while 2 1 2 is only safer in the corner because 1) the clone is closer to them than it would be from midscreen and 2) the clone usually whiffs after a 2 2 4 in the corner. They have roughly the same coverage, and anything that can punish you through the clone on a 2 2 4 will still punish you through the clone on 2 1 2, such as Ermac's telepush, Kenshi's teleflurry and every ranged armor attack known to man. There is no difference whatsoever between 2 1 2 clone and 2 2 4 clone, other than the fact that 2 1 2 clone occasionally pushes you further away, ostensibly at random. That really doesn't mean jack shit, because your opponent already can't pursue you through a 2 2 4 clone in most cases, and if he can do it by any means, he can do it just as easily off a max distance 2 1 2 clone. You were saying?

Jesus tapdancing christ, are you seriously this stupid? You mean to tell me that it's more beneficial for your opponent to block than it is to combo off an armor move? If your opponent has an armor move that can lead into a combo, interrupting 2 1 2 is a GUARANTEED punish, every single time you attempt it, that can safely be done on reaction. I'm not saying they have a chance to do this, I'm saying that they can easily go "Oh, he's doing 2 1 again, I can use the delay for a punish". Scorpion can EX spear for a full combo. Raiden can EX shocker for a full combo. Rain can EX roundhouse for a full combo. Skarlet can EX red dash into an upslash for a full combo. Kenshi can EX upslash and won't always get a full combo, but he'll get a minimum of 22% for one bar. These are just a few examples of the many, and anyone using these characters would be retarded not to capitalize on a 100% guaranteed combo punish just for blocking this string. Yet again, you rely on the stupidity of your opponent to carry you through the round, which is the epitome of scrubbery.

...How do you then know when to for it? What in the sweet fuck did you even say? I say again: If you're going to use English to start shit with people for no reason, learn to speak it first. I don't do charity, least of all not for scrubs like you.

Well no shit you can immediately follow B1 2 with a 2 1 2: You can just as easily do that with 2 2. I can only assume you mean B1 2 freeze, because I highly doubt B1 2 jails. On that note, congratulations, you completely misunderstood the point I made about D4; I don't mean to say I'm surprised, considering you misunderstood the purpose of a less-than sign, too. D4 isn't a combo starter, and even if you can D4 freeze, that isn't confirmable, and you run the risk of eating a full combo for it. Sub's D4 isn't a combo starter, it's just a means of jailing them so a 2 2 or B1 2 followup will connect every time.

Annnd, yet again, I can't even clearly understand what the hell you just said. If English is your first language, holy shit, you're a waste of air. If it isn't, you're excused for speaking it poorly, but that doesn't change the fact that you attacked me out of nowhere with a language you can't speak for shit. Any flak you take was altogether deserved from that point on, so soak it up. In either case, good talk. Keep on bottomfeeding with your Scrub Zero, and telling yourself that it makes you good.
1) You do know check is getting credit for confirming Sub reset is guarantee, not for the reset right? If no, i dont blame you. A lot people got it confused. It was from check confirmation, that Tom come up with guarantee corner reset. He knew about it, but didnt know it was unblock-able. Now, tell me how many of those people did you see follow up with b2 after Ex ground? Cause i haven't seen any sub doing that other than me or Marvas. till Check made it official. Also, if that was true, wouldnt you think people would ve talk about it by Earlier? I came with it a week after PSN got back and a week earlier than Marvas. Prove? You can ask any subzero player here because they werent aware about the timing for b2 when first the reset was supposedly discover, till i told them. Or you can ask Au_Im_Digimon, I first did and show it on his stream, no one in his open koth knew about it, No either The 1st Rank on Rank matches on that time.

And how are my methods retarded? You cant take one piece by a time and examine it like you are doing. You have to view it all in general and plan from there. They might sound retarded, however, my tactics have help me win matches against better players than me ;)

2)If sub is one of the characters that doesnt require meter, how come you hear sub player always said "If i had save my meter, i would ve a chance to comeback"? Even Tom says every time when he loses with sub. Meter management is his life. You even said it, Yourself "Sub uses meter for two things, primarily: X-ray, and EX freeze. He only needs EX freeze in matchups where he's unable to trade, and while his X-ray is great for punishing projectiles" Exactly, what do you do against that when you have no meter? Sub only does 30- 35 midscreen without meter while other characters do more than that. You may trade with an iceclone, but no enough time to punish your opponent. He is gameplay is based on his Meter, you can ask any sub player about it and they will agree with it.

3)Well how many of those times you saw Tom lose because of poor meter management? More than his wins. The thing is that you as sub want to have meter to relay on or else you making the match harder than what it is. Denzel didn't use his xray because he was comfortable with his match. why waste meter, when it can help turn the match if the tables switch on opponent's favor? As sub you want to have that option and that is why meter is sub s life. Like i said, you can use meter but want to use it wisely for what could be a chance for you to Xray or Trade with Ex iceball. i NEVER compare his xray for what he can do with one bar in the corner. i said you could do the same damage with 2 of his corner combos for the same amount, and that you save important meter for a potential xray or breaker, which if xray within a combo does 50 - 57%. You never know if you might need it. But of course, if you want to end the match, go for the corner reset. He doesnt need the corner reset to win, he has the best corner game of all without it.

When did i call you out? I said since you dont know subzero why bother discussing with us. Which is this point is clearly you dont know sub basics to begin with. I have the absolute scrubbiest mentality where "mixing up your game" is concerned? Wasnt you who mention it to begin? ... Yes "how can you say what it "tends" a good player to do? Anyone who's even half-assed decent at the game will realize that if they're getting consistently punished for using the same tactic, they need to stop using it, and so they will" Same goes with either string, no matter how safe it is. Your opponent will find an opening if you don't mix up your strings. Well compare to the other character mix up you mention, they arent as much risk as sub 22 or 21. And like you said, they function different and force you opponent to keep guessing. It is this where, you need to mix up outside of 22 and 21. like i said sub has other pressure tools which he can mix up and from there get a combo starting.

4) I did say it was my opinion. And yes 212 ice clone is closer against your opponent and it pushes you farther randomly, which is why i said is safer in IMO
it is stupid sometimes.

5)Well true, but you can always mix it up to keep your opponent guessing and avoid that. We haven't yet to see someone punish sub 212 with armored attack in a tourney match. It is better to take the chip damage out of the 212 iceclone and have subzero to approach you again then using one meter and risking you opponent capitalizing you error.

6) lol really? So you tell me cause i made one mistake i don't know English. Keep in mind, when i responded to you, i was watching Summer Slam 5 also. so yeah my grammar is off because it just want it to get over it.

7) How did i misunderstood your point in D4? you said it wasn't combo starter, however, out of it, you can follow up like his 22. Which is what i meant it is better than what you think. You weren't clear to begin with, and you end up saying what i would ve said. And sub s D4 isnt punish by full combo.

8) Again, you cant come with better comebacks than that lol. Know i fully understand what people do say about you. Clearly you can't take what you do to others. Anyway good talk, you end up proving i was right that you didnt know sub as well with your own statements. End conversation. Funny thing will point out some stuff people didnt know about.

EDIT: Who i m lying? Anyway i did this Because i want to play against you in the community Help idea as a Co main Event FT5. Wanted to create some rivalry between us, Sorry if i took it too far bro. What you say?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Most sub zero players drop it because most players in general dont know their own character very well. Theres no reason for anybody that mains sub zero to not know how long the claws take to fully charge and how long it takes for an opponent to unfreeze from ground ice or a normal freeze
I can personally say that on the normal b2 reset... you can catch some people off guard by delaying and letting them break free then let it hit. Most people would consider that a drop... but i'm just trying to play a different mind game. if it hits... after the long delay... then next time they'll block (i'd hope) and i wouldn't delay.

however the ice puddle reset timing is easy peezy and should never be dropped.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah it's pretty much ridiculous to have a guaranteed reset for a character who is basically 100% guaranteed to freeze you. The ice balls, EX ice ball, and clones, makes him the character with the most ways to freeze you. And then making it to where if he does freeze you (which he will) he gets to take 60% using one bar? yeah, that needs to go.
He's subzero...and you want him to not be able to freeze? Weird post.