What's new

General/Other So maybe Sub's 50/64% reset is a liiiiiitlle overpowered....

Screamo Luvr

Ice Warrior
I thought it was balanced, y'know, using one bar and all, but it made me think about it after I used it on an online Kung Lao. Now, this was a good Kung Lao from what I could tell but one reset trapping him in the corner and then some light pressure made me win back the match when I was at 1/3 health. However, I felt like I didn't deserve that round simply because half of it was that one reset I did, the rest poor corner pressure. I took that round, and he [rage]quit immediately at the beginning of the next round.

It's really cool to be able to do the reset yourself and pull out that massive damage, but if the reset is something that allows you to win against a player that is genuinely more skilled than you, maybe it is a little overpowered....

These are just my thoughts. I'm curious to know what you guys' opinions are.

First off, the reset is way too easy, and almost unavoidable. Second, the fact that you can do this reset is obviously a programming oversight by the developers. You can't ice ball if the opponent is stuck on the floor, and you can't do it vice versa using the non-enhanced specials. Makes no sense that you can do it with enhanced ice floor.

When NRS patches this out, they shouldn't take out it's OTG properties. Make it so that when you try to ice the floor on someone who's already been frozen in a combo, they instantly fall to the ground like they should.

Theme

Noob
This is how it is in the game fighting world. If its in the game, its viable. If they are beaten by it, then they are beaten. No way around that. The reset isnt exactly 'novice level'. If you are able to do it online against a Kung Lao, you must be doing something right. Dont pull down your skill level just because of his failure to adapt. Besides, if he rage quits, I doubt hes a skilled player at all. Rage quitters are quitters. Rage quitting doesnt deserve recognition.

*Edit: Oh and its getting patched anyways, so within a few weeks, we wont be seeing its appearance again.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
it's not...if the kung lao player was good and you beat him then you're just as good, don't underestimate and put yourself down brah!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah it's pretty much ridiculous to have a guaranteed reset for a character who is basically 100% guaranteed to freeze you. The ice balls, EX ice ball, and clones, makes him the character with the most ways to freeze you. And then making it to where if he does freeze you (which he will) he gets to take 60% using one bar? yeah, that needs to go.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Don't offer any sympathy to the rage quitter. Even if a reset seems overpowered (though that is entirely subject to the opinions of all players), there is never an excuse to leave a match like that. Players are capable of coming back from way behind to win a round, that's just how it goes sometimes. He needs to man up and have some honor.

As for you, it's true that Sub-Zero's reset will be patched eventually, but until then you have every good reason to use it if need be. It's not exactly novice material. Takes expert timing to catch 'em in the charged freeze (b2) after using the Enhanced Ground Freeze. Just the way the ball rolls sometimes.

Don't degrade yourself. You played well and deserve credit for that comeback.

Raiman

Noob
can't wait for sonyas 50+% meterless combo to go either, oh wait she'll get to keep that, or her 40% combos if she lands a dive kick (witch she will)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
can't wait for sonyas 50+% meterless combo to go either, oh wait she'll get to keep that, or her 40% combos if she lands a dive kick (witch she will)
I don't think Sonya'll lose her 50% meterless combos due to these reasons:

1. The frame window for continually stringing her attacks together in a combo is very, very tight. They almost never happen.

2. Sonya's tactics revolve entirely around aggression and she has very poor zoning to back it up (aside from her Sonic Rings, possibly, but it's not worth risking that as a trade with some other characters' projectiles).

So it's actually kinda fitting that she has a high damage scaling.

My opinion is that they should keep the reset the way it is, but make it combo correctly, preventing it from reseting the dmg, and so it scales (obviously that would mean it's no longer a reset, but I just mean keep it inescapable like it is). That way, you'll be getting 40% or just over for the one bar, plus some nice wall-carry. On top of that I'd like them to make it so that Sub's XR doesn't scale at all in certain combos (or all). Seriously, using 3 bars to take around 50% when other characters can do that with just one is a bit...annoying. You'd only be getting like 66% at most anyway, I think.

The tale of the Sub Zero forums......An Everlasting Heartbreak

"Hey guys Sub Zero is really good. "
"Yeah this character is sick bro."

Weeks later.....

"Wtf guys, I'm having issues with X match, gimme a buff. He needs this this and this."
"Are you sure it's not asking for too much."
" Reply to ^
Nah bro he needs this buff I can't find the block button and I get hit with random stuff."
"getout Cyrax fagsss queers."

Then Mechacide posts something legit.....
"Reply to ^
Are you sure that works on a human??????? I heard tom say blah blah blah blah blah, but I'm too lazy to try it myself."

God damn buncha fuckin homos in the sub forums. Half of you guys complain about the easy matches the other half have your mouths wrapped around Tom Bradys cock (The number of thread you guys make about him tells me that).

How about instead of posting on a forum complaining, try going into training mode and learning something?? No why would you?

D-MyzE

Noob
The tale of the Sub Zero forums......An Everlasting Heartbreak

"Hey guys Sub Zero is really good. "
"Yeah this character is sick bro."

Weeks later.....

"Wtf guys, I'm having issues with X match, gimme a buff. He needs this this and this."
"Are you sure it's not asking for too much."
" Reply to ^
Nah bro he needs this buff I can't find the block button and I get hit with random stuff."
"getout Cyrax fagsss queers."

Then Mechacide posts something legit.....
"Reply to ^
Are you sure that works on a human??????? I heard tom say blah blah blah blah blah, but I'm too lazy to try it myself."

God damn buncha fuckin homos in the sub forums. Half of you guys complain about the easy matches the other half have your mouths wrapped around Tom Bradys cock (The number of thread you guys make about him tells me that).

How about instead of posting on a forum complaining, try going into training mode and learning something?? No why would you?
Im sure the best way to have said that was by calling people here "a buncha fuckin homos". If you actually took the time to read, you would've seen that no one here is complaining about anything, no one here is even slightly mad. Screamo Luvr was only saying that maybe the reset is a little overpowered after he used it himself and didn't feel he deserved to win. Then people offered their views like normal people. You're the only one that sounds like you're about to pop a blood vessel.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
As for you, it's true that Sub-Zero's reset will be patched eventually, but until then you have every good reason to use it if need be. It's not exactly novice material. Takes expert timing to catch 'em in the charged freeze (b2) after using the Enhanced Ground Freeze. Just the way the ball rolls sometimes.
So not true, you cant tell me it would take more than a minute to learn that. It takes no skill what so ever to do and its always gonna be a free 50%.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I haven't been using the reset just because it was clearly an oversight and there's no point relying on big damage that's coming out. All the matchups will seem a lot harder once it comes out if you've been relying on the groundfreeze reset.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Way too easy to do. I'm not even gonna do it. Why should I since its gonna be pached out? Shouldn't grow accustomed to such a easy, high damaging, combo.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
So not true, you cant tell me it would take more than a minute to learn that. It takes no skill what so ever to do and its always gonna be a free 50%.
Are you serious? "It takes no skill whatsoever?" Then explain why the timing is so strict and why I see some Sub-Zero players drop it a lot?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Are you serious? "It takes no skill whatsoever?" Then explain why the timing is so strict and why I see some Sub-Zero players drop it a lot?
When this was first discovered, I was hitting it nearly 100% of the time and that's online. You just dash a couple of times after the groundfreeze and hesitate just a tiny bit before the b2 and you're good to go.

If they drop it a lot it's because they haven't worked out the timing for it properly, which takes all of 10 minutes to make a part of your muscle memory in practise.

Set the dummy to jump in practise and concentrate on refreezing him with the b2 just before/as he's getting off the ground.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
When this was first discovered, I was hitting it nearly 100% of the time and that's online. You just dash a couple of times after the groundfreeze and hesitate just a tiny bit before the b2 and you're good to go.

If they drop it a lot it's because they haven't worked out the timing for it properly, which takes all of 10 minutes to make a part of your muscle memory in practise.
Fair enough. Thanks for the input. Just that the timing for the charged freeze has to be JUST RIGHT or else you risk hitting them before they recover completely from the OTG or they'll jump over it. From where I stood, the timing looked rather hard to get down.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Fair enough. Thanks for the input. Just that the timing for the charged freeze has to be JUST RIGHT or else you risk hitting them before they recover completely from the OTG or they'll jump over it. From where I stood, the timing looked rather hard to get down.
It does, but once you know what that timing is, it's difficult to go wrong.

Creepy00

Noob
So long goes My Own Sub 51% Reset :(
Knew they would take you eventually.
At least they taking Cyrax as well and encourage sub players (Not here) To do work and Not to relay so much on the Reset.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
I used it very briefly. But I just felt it was unfair, It doesn't require much skill and you can get your opponent with it from many situations.

Whether it's going to be taken out or whatever, I don't bother using it more from a 'good sportsmanship' side of things. Like salvificblood said, pointless learning it as well only to have to adapt your play style later.

Altaire

Noob
Does NO ONE understand that the reset is only worthwhile in the corner? No one?

Sub's 2 2 is a much better combo opener than his 2 1 2, period. Most of his normals are ass outside of combos, and no one seems to realize that the 2 2 is largely why he's so high-tier. Sure, he can freeze you for big damage, but that's only so useful if he doesn't have a good way to set that up. 2 1 2 is fine in the corner, but from midscreen, it's nowhere near as effective.

Damage < Reliability, period. Kung Lao has trouble racking up anything over 30% from midscreen, and that doesn't stop him from mowing people down. Something to think about.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I read this then looked at the avatar.

Of course it had to be a Cyrax player... :jerkoff:
Reminds me of the Cyrax player last night, who had to resort to the UMK3 skin to bomb trap me to win. Since he couldn't pull off the resets in the first place. I think he wondered why I didn't reply with a "GG".