What's new

So is anyone disappointed with how their mains turned out?

_Paddy4C4_

Professional Role Model
Just been loving Master of Souls Ermac, getting the inputs just right AND transitioning into playing with a fight stick are going pretty smooth. Gotta realize that its a crazy more offensive variation compared to MK9 Ermac. Its just that everyone has to realize this is a different game and they have to feel out each variation to fit their playstyle while also adjusting to a smaller input window. This is gonna be one hell of a ride playing MKX and its only day 2

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Very disappointed with Mileena. Amazing U+4 gone for the awful and easily stuffed/seeable f+3, gone is the awesome d+4, instant air nerfed(across the board to be fair, everyone has landing recovery now). Can't land ball off catching someone with an air sai anymore, and everything is still crazy unsafe. Her midscreen damage is a bit better but now she has to work a lot harder to get it. She wasn't great in 9 and feels even worse now.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I WAS disappointed at how difficult Jacqui was said to be, but not anymore she's really fun!!!!!

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ermac made me a sad panda, I can't really play the way I want to play him as the tools I want are split across his variations.. I'll still have a pocket Ermac but it was indeed disappointing.

Mileena is just, ugh.. so unsafe that I'm just keeping her in the backburner till I learn the game more.

Jacqui is interesting because I can't figure her out and it's making me play her more and more lol. She's all about the crazy rushdown which is awesome, haven't played a character like that in a minute.

Takeda is cool but he's too weird/slow upclose and Idk if I like that lol. I like his crazy normals but yeah his gameplan is gonna be interesting to see.

I'm also surprisingly liking Quan Chi :confused: I've never liked him but I was messing around with his Summoner stuff and he's super fun.

Shinnok is....going to be interesting. The guy has got decent damage with meter (35-40% for a bar, and almost 50 for 2 depending on the style), but i'm really not sure how you're supposed to open someone up. He's got a very awkward playstyle, and it's sad because just one or two simple changes would make him a lot more viable without even coming close to breaking him. He's easily one of the most meter hungry characters in the game.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
I really like the new Raiden overall, but holy crap, I'm pissed about displacer Raiden. That whack ass teleport is done. You have to meter burn for it to be of any use now? WTF?? And... he only has normal teleport in one variation?

That's like saying Scorpion can only have his spear in one variation, IMO. So yeah, not pleased with that part at all.

everything that people are saying about their mains are mostly universal changes in the game, "johnny isnt as safe" the game isnt as safe, "sonya isnt as fast" the game isnt as fast in that regard.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
I was planning on displacer Raiden, but he just doesn't seem to flow and move as quick as I hoped. I think bad recovery time. I ended up maining bojutsu Kung Jin instead.