What's new

So is anyone disappointed with how their mains turned out?

Plop

Noob
I know a lot of us decided on our mains months ago. We often hear people say things like "Main confirmed, even if they ten out to be Kano/Joker tier!".

I was just wondering if anyone has got the game, gone into the lab and thought "ah fuck".

Maybe the main you had hopes for isn't ne shit, but just unfortunately doesn't for your play style?

Discuss

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I'm really struggling with Shinnok. Everything just feels so unsafe to me. I like the ideas they were going for, but I think I'm just going to stick Cryomancer Sub till I know what I'm doing.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Well I planned to main Jacqui, so didn't really lose anything in regards to MK9.
And she turned out great for me at least.

I like Takeda. I prefer lasher it may not be combo heavy but he pretty sneaky and ranged. Plus if done right your opponent will never be in the air. So yeah im pretty satisfied with my main

I tried Liu Kang so far. Didn't really have a lot of time to play since I'm on PC but from what I've seen I'm pretty happy. He seem to have some nice pressure options, but a lot of stuff is unsafe which is annoying.

This is the first MK that I play since Deception so I'm still very overwhelmed by everything and it's hard to actually concentrate on the character instead of the basic mechanics.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Goro doesn't appeal to me as much as I thought he would, but that's okay. Kotal took his spot. I'll still secondary Goro.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I was overwhelmed with dvorah tho I only spent like 10 minutes so I switched to sonya . Iv been enjoying her a lot :).

NurzBenny

Old Member
I didn't get jax on day one (or mins day3, whatever), but I get him now lovely. And Erron is like 5x BETTER than I thought he was gonna be, and I was interested then, nevermind now. Mix ups+Marksman, shits love man. Love this game

I haven't figured out how tempest can be just as useful as buzzsaw apart from doing higher damaging combos. Buzzsaw makes a lot of unsafe stuff safe, it is pretty hard to beat that.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Disappointed by Johnny a little, but I'm really loving fisticuffs and stunt double, plus Cassie and Jacqui got my back. Still haven't looked at a majority of characters so that main list might change. Kotal seemed fun in the story

I think allot of mk9 players are making the mistake of judging the characters based on how well they execute their old play styles when just about everyone probably plays differently.
yeah I agree, kung laos mobility is not as good as it was in mk9 but he got so much dirt in return.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well, I didn't get to play a lot (basically, like 2 hours in training). What I've noticed that Raiden isn't to-go pick to cheese clueless people online anymore, for better or worse. By looking at his moveset I can tell that he must be played more responsibly this time. And heck, MoS and TG are like entirely new characters.

Vjeekes

DevilApes
I didn't know who was gonna be my main when before MKX was coming out. After 2 days I like Kung Jin the most.
But its to early to qualify him as being my main