What's new

Tech Sinestro Push Block Trait setup (DEAR GOD)

RIF

Noob
man, if theres ever another patch Im going to get the word out to start a nerf Sinestro movement, make his fear blast 20 frames and trait 12 frames.
It's nonsense like that we do not need. Everyone was bitching about Batgirl, Aquaman, Bane, MMH, etc. prior to this discovery. Sinestro was FINE as is.

Just allow traits to not be used during pushblock. Problem solved.

E

Eldriken

It's nonsense like that we do not need. Everyone was bitching about Batgirl, Aquaman, Bane, MMH, etc. prior to this discovery. Sinestro was FINE as is.

Just allow traits to not be used during pushblock. Problem solved.
The only acceptable idea, really. Slowing his trait shots by a frame or so just to avoid this doesn't make any sense.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Not that it matters, but can Sinestro do this when he is the one who is pushblocked?
I think it works by giving a slight frame advantage to the person who pushblocks. In theory to have a slight advantage for whatever offensive/defensive move you want to take in exchange for the meter you just burned. However that advantage seems to be just enough for Sinestro to be able to trait shot and start a huge offensive game

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ugh man.

Why do people think this is a good thing? This is what I never understand. Every time something really broken gets discovered, the "let it rock" police come out of the woodwork and people get happy because new 'tech' was discovered.

However.. If this becomes the status quo, and people no longer want to spend 100s of dollars to travel all the way across the country and lose to being pushblocked by a Zoning Character after they finally get in.. Are people really going to be happy because "Wow it's broken and hype"

Sometimes I feel like people are willing to let their own game become a mockery of itself. And then when it does, guess what we'll hear:

"Why don't you guys come out to tournaments? Why won't you support the game? Why don't you preregister? Why are our numbers so low?"

Anyway, not to be all 'doom and gloom'.. But I think people need to realize the effects these things have on this kind of community.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The point is that if you BLOW a bar pushblocking a player, how will you have the required meter for a super?
The example was not for use in a match...it was to see how large the window was for unblockable potential.

Basically, Batmans bats wont work I assume due to the time it takes them to reach the opponent. If Supermans super hits, we know the window is 5 frames or larger. IF it doesn't hit we know the window is smaller than 5 frames.

E

Eldriken

The example was not for use in a match...it was to see how large the window was for unblockable potential.

Basically, Batmans bats wont work I assume due to the time it takes them to reach the opponent. If Supermans super hits, we know the window is 5 frames or larger. IF it doesn't hit we know the window is smaller than 5 frames.
Batman's trait wouldn't work due to what happens to his trait when he gets pushblocked. So, it will be impossible to ever tell.

However, I'm sure you already know this and were likely using it as a reference.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Batman's trait wouldn't work due to what happens to his trait when he gets pushblocked. So, it will be impossible to ever tell.

However, I'm sure you already know this and were likely using it as a reference.
Batmans bats don't go away if he is the one push blocking...