What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

DanCock

Cock Master!!
well today's been a busy day but on monday i played on the Digital Dojo stream. it was online though :p

you can see my shitty sindel gameplay start at about 17:30
http://www.twitch.tv/thedigitaldojo/b/297201335
very nice sindel..

one thing is for sure, you guys are good at doing the combos perfectly.. i always fuck em up lol.. im all about doing quick 2 hits and running..

i started working on doing the resets in vs play tonight. pretty good stuff.

Husteen

Noob.
thank you :)

of course that was just a taste ;) lol i messed so many simple things up it gnaws at me when rewatching that footage. but hey what can you do: it is online after all
forgot to mention, nice comeback against that quan chi! he's less threatening when you know his mixups. hahaha i'm sure it was just a taste! wish online was as good as it was during the 1.02 patch.

very nice sindel..

one thing is for sure, you guys are good at doing the combos perfectly.. i always fuck em up lol.. im all about doing quick 2 hits and running..

i started working on doing the resets in vs play tonight. pretty good stuff.
the way i see it, when sindel finally does start a combo it needs to do the most damaging one she's got for that particular starter. then use fireball's chip damage to make up for her lack of starting combos in the first place. this is why her scream buff is a very good thing.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
well today's been a busy day but on monday i played on the Digital Dojo stream. it was online though :p

you can see my shitty sindel gameplay start at about 17:30
http://www.twitch.tv/thedigitaldojo/b/297201335
I like ur sindel a lot. I like how you applied some pressure and mixups with levitation cancel. Something I didn't think of. I would just zone find a opening do my big punish combo then quickly escape and zone again. U have giving me some new ideas for sindel. I also liked [MENTION=4009]Sao87[/MENTION] sindel too. He was very clean with her. Just throwing that out there.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm still waiting for the day that you start doing combos. You've been playing with 1-2 gtfo me moves since 2004... I remember your "walking to mk9" interview where you said you were going to get serious in this game and learn combos. Get to it, it's been nearly 8 years of running away. It's time to punish with full combos.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm still waiting for the day that you start doing combos. You've been playing with 1-2 gtfo me moves since 2004... I remember your "walking to mk9" interview where you said you were going to get serious in this game and learn combos. Get to it, it's been nearly 8 years of running away. It's time to punish with full combos.
I know I know. Stop yelling at me :(

At the end of the day I'm just not good enough to be good. Just average :/

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I like ur sindel a lot. I like how you applied some pressure and mixups with levitation cancel. Something I didn't think of. I would just zone find a opening do my big punish combo then quickly escape and zone again. U have giving me some new ideas for sindel. I also liked Sao_87 sindel too. He was very clean with her. Just throwing that out there.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
thanks ;) im actually a very physical player-i feel kinda dirty zoning lol so i try my best to get physical with sindel as well.

its very risky but her Levitate Cancels typically catch everyone off-guard since no one really knows shes capable of them lol i advise all sindel players to implement them as it is possible to reset a tyical combo into a new one and tac on damage that way (with a little luck of course).

JIP > b+3,f+2 > Dash > b+1,2 > Dash > 1 > Scream > JIP > f+1,2 > Dash > b+1,2 (Reset) > Dash > 3,1 > Scream > JIP > 3,1,1 > Levitate > High Fireball (31%+21%+2% for a total of 54% meterless)
Take this combo proposed by Urichinan for example. Notice how it is actually two separate combos but the reset in the middle (following the f1 2 gimmick) starts a new combo. The extra fireball at the end also NEGATES the opponent's wake-up options and can add an additonal 8%/2% chip damage. sindel is very capable of physical fighting it's just VERY risky :/

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
*sigh* I need everyone's help here :/

I played perfectly fine with Sindel off and online for awhile. I won a lot of matches I simply shouldn't have because people were unfamiliar with the character...well that's caught up with me. It has reached the point where I am counter picked consistently. I'm forced to completely rush down and rely on d1 a lot it seems. So I ask...what are your strategies against the top tier dogs? ie raiden, kl, kabal etc. I'm starting to feel like it would be really difficult or impossible to make it out of pools with Sindel at a major tourny now. I don't want to use the top tier characters. Not because they're top tier or popular, but because I don't have fun when I use them. There not attractive to me. So any tips to help with those matchups? thanks.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Vs Lao I have been using a lot of random high levitation fireballs or jump forward fireballs. At high levi you can fireball then dash forward to avoid his teleport. The jump forward IAF just incase he tries his dive kick. So a lot of that. Vs kabal low fireballs, ground fireballs and Fiaf. Don't jump at kabal ever just stay on the ground and stay away. I wouldn't rush either down at all.

Vs raiden I'm still working on that, umm pick another character lol for me it's been Kano.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Raiden is a character you have to play patiently against, you mainly want to run away and hit him with a Fireball any chance you can. Bait his teleport and punish it, superman is an obvious thing to look out for. I mainly just back dash and throw low fireballs and IFAF's until I see him start teleporting. IFAF will hit him out of fullscreen superman's, so you don't have to worry about that all that much. The only real problem in this matchup is his rushdown.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Can someone please explain to me this levitation cancel reset thing-a-mabober? I actually don't understand how resets work (yes, I'm aware that sounds stupid) but when do you use it and how does it work? That's the one aspect of my Sindel game that is lacking!

Husteen

Noob.
Can someone please explain to me this levitation cancel reset thing-a-mabober? I actually don't understand how resets work (yes, I'm aware that sounds stupid) but when do you use it and how does it work? That's the one aspect of my Sindel game that is lacking!
hi!!
well, one way i use it is vs fuzzy blockers. if i see someone block sindel's 2, 1, step up string i'll use 2, 1, levitate cancel grab next time.

RunwayMafia

hi!!
well, one way i use it is vs fuzzy blockers. if i see someone block sindel's 2, 1, step up string i'll use 2, 1, levitate cancel grab next time.
Dude, we played like 20 matches in a row and they were all fun! You have a nice Sindel and Rain, interesting duo! Now, what are fuzzy blockers? Do you only do this reset levitation cancel if they are blocking this entire time?

Husteen

Noob.
Dude, we played like 20 matches in a row and they were all fun! You have a nice Sindel and Rain, interesting duo! Now, what are fuzzy blockers? Do you only do this reset levitation cancel if they are blocking this entire time?
lol i know! sorry i lost so much. i couldn't beat jumpers in ssfiv and i cant beat them in this game! our games were surprisingly lag-free!

when i think of sindel's resets i think (combo) F1, 2 dash, B1, 2 (combo). someone wrote a reset combo below if you want to check it out.
fuzzy guarding is when someone blocks the first hit of your string and they rapidly press up and down on the directional pad so they can block any medium and low hits without guessing. i think that's what it is anyways. i don't do it because i think that's stupid.
2, 1, levitate cancel>grab is a good way to add 11% to the end of your combo as long as your opponent is blocking.

RunwayMafia

Jumpers? Lol, yeah I'm all over the place when fighting. I'm really trying to make Sheeva something special...she's difficult to master...eh

I didn't really think of doing this, just tried it randomly in a match, but I did 212 throw and it seems to work quite well if you don't throw out the 212 that much in a series.

Somberness

Lights
its very risky but her Levitate Cancels typically catch everyone off-guard since no one really knows shes capable of them lol i advise all sindel players to implement them as it is possible to reset a tyical combo into a new one and tac on damage that way (with a little luck of course).
2,1~levitate cancel is +4 while 2~levitate cancel is +9, not too risky. :)

Urichinan

@Urichinan
+9 O.O Holy. CRAP.
I knew that it had some frame advantage, but +9!? That's insane!

Also, I'm working on the combo thread later tonight, it should be done today!

Husteen

Noob.
thanks for the data, XXZ!
+9 is really good. sadly, 2 pushes them away quite a bit so the only thing she'd be able to do is maybe a 4.
2>levitate cancel was always hard for me to do. did you make sure to cancel the levitate as early as possible?

EDIT: This just in, Sindel's wakeup flip kick beats reptile's forceball setup and levitate is a surprisingly useful wakeup from full screen!
HOO-YEAH!

EDIT EDIT: grr. reptile's dash is still -15 on block so sindel's 4 is too slow to punish =[ it's supposed to be -21

Husteen

Noob.
well, everyone's watching football and i got bored so how about some sindel videos?

60% corner xray:

18 hit corner combo:

an actual reset with sindel/rain tag:

i like this one, almost all of sindel's attacks are invisible!

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Hey there everyone. I really have been enjoying Sindel a lot recently, especially ending a combo with 3,1,1 into that AWESOME levitate into instant air fireball. Props to EndofGameBoss encouraging me to give her a second shot. U+4 has been proving to be a extremely good anti-air at close range because I can link hair whip. Hair whip can act as a anti-air also at like jump-range. I don't if this is common knowledge because I haven't stayed up to date with new information about Sindel since a couple of days ago.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
something weird happened today when i played Runwaymafia. i was sindel he was Kitana. i did sindels ground :en fireball he did Kitanas xray, well sindels fireball cancelled out his xray he got hit and i didnt, he was still alive so it wasnt a health thing.. we didnt try it again, but im just wondering if anyone else noticed this?? i wonder if it just works vs KItana, if it was just a random glitch, or if this ground fireball cancels out all xrays??? hmm ill try and test later, but if some one else can sooner then me --> test that shit..

Husteen

Noob.
lmao, omg you guys.
i went online and there was this guy in the chat room making posts like, "lookin for da best" and stuff like that...
he challenges me and has twice as many wins as i do but i wanted to play so i accept. we get to the select screen and his cursor goes all crazy just like i suspected.
anyways, i choose sindel and his cursor stops on noob and he goes to pick the second costume and i'm thinking, "god. i'm gonna get spammed to death."
then i read, "opponent has left the game"
LMAO! then in the chat room he wrote, "you can have that win. i don't want to get spammed."
hahaha. poor guy must have seriously gotten spammed by sindels.

U4 is a great anti air but i have never been able to combo after it. one of my friends rolled after my 3, 1, 1 and he still had to block the fireball. that 3, 1, 1, LFB is good since the patch made wakeups godlike. i'd also like to note that hair whip can anti air if you see the opponent jump first. otherwise you use it thinking they'll just use a lateral attack but jump right over it and get combo =/