What's new

Should HitBox be banned?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I wish I lived near Dallas. I love me some Quake.

Leave the Hitbox alone. It's awesome. Beatable, and awesome.
Until it's proven it can do otherwise impossible things, it should stay.
More importantly, I think, is that the makers of the Hitbox are committed to the device being a viable competitive alternative. So, if down the road, something is discovered that is impossible on other controllers, they will fix it so that it is no longer possible (like they have already demonstrated they will)

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Back on topic:

I'm waiting to hear a final word from Phil and Shock and other major tournament organizers on the hitbox. I really hope it isn't banned because I'd like to get one, but I won't commit to a $200 purchase if I'm not 100% sure it won't be banned from competition.
Shock plays on keyboard and supports the hitbox as the doorway to the next level of competition in fighting games, so I doubt he'll be banning it. I didn't know there was an official debate, so I wonder if we'll even get an official ruling on the subject. After all this recent attention, however, I'm sure someone will say something.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
ORLY?

If this is true, I think I will be ordering mine soon...
That was the discussion we had at Season's Beatings. Something along the lines of "The Hitbox allows for improved execution, which should bring lower level players up while allowing higher level players to achieve even more advanced techniques." It's not so much that the hitbox allows things that shouldn't be allowed in the game, it just allows them to be executed at the fastest possible speed. It should follow, then, that if more top players started using hitbox(not just in MK, all games) that we should start seeing things we haven't seen before.

shura30

Shura
More importantly, I think, is that the makers of the Hitbox are committed to the device being a viable competitive alternative. So, if down the road, something is discovered that is impossible on other controllers, they will fix it so that it is no longer possible (like they have already demonstrated they will)
Problem being customs..anyone can hack a pad into an hitbox and if the pcb is not designed to disallow simultaneous directional inputs you're stuck with a problem..one solution could be ban anything beside the official one but this is not healthy

ZtrideRz

Noob
Yes they should be baned.

It's quite simple,
xbox fights should be done with a xbox joypad.
Ps3 fight should be done with a ps3 joypad.
PC fights with a keyboard.
Hitboxes online only.

Fact is not everyone can afford them, they do massively improve play anyone who says they don't has already bought one. As a PC gamer previously I fully understand how they can improve play. When ps3 or xbox make there own brands then they should be legal until then I see them as nothing more than a cheap way to improve your play. It's like giving one guy a pistol and the other guy a uzi in a gun fight. The only way to make tournaments fair is to only use offical gear that is designed by the console manufacturer. I:E xbox. Ps3. It leaves other players at a disadvantage and that is not fair.

iroku

Noob
too bat there isnt a hitbox for xbox... im building mine atm with an old wireless x box controller lets see how i adjust to the thing tho....

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I don't even use my hitbox and it is already broken. These things are manufactured so poorly.

To be honest though. The hitbox illustrates the true issues with Kabal's balance. Everything that seems questionable with Kabal becomes an issue once he is played with the hitbox. Block infinites become simple, 19% on iabg dps becomes brainless, etc. RIP my hitbox + Kabal ='(.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Customized pads sticks ext ext, they are all just cheap ways off gettin a cheap advantage. If it isn't manufactured by the consoles makers then in professional tournaments why is it allowed? Winning a xbox tournament should be done with xbox equipment. Same for ps3. You cannot argue with that if I cannot go to my local gameshop and buy a offical xbox/ps3 joystick/keyboard/hitbox then it is not fair. It's quite simple. If xbox make a xbox joystick that's fine if they make a hitbox that's fine no complaints. Don't see how they cannot be baned anyone who wins tournaments with one will be discredited in my eyes. Until they are manufactured by the ones who make the console.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Yes many times and there fine. Don't like it play on the ps3.. If a tournament is on a xbox console and you can't use xbox equipment to win then your not a worthy winner on that console. It dosent matter how good you are on the ps3 your in xbox players back garden.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
As far as the hitbox goes, my only issue with it was at one point, not everyone had access to it. Now that the production times seem a little quicker it's just as fair as a stick or keyboard.
... it took them less than a month to ship mine to middle europe!

ZtrideRz

Noob
Hitboxs are very expensive, non refundable 60 dollar shipping charge international. 160 dollars to buy. Aimed at the fighting game community because they improve your play. A reo with a pad vs a reo with a hitbox over 10 games am sure the reo with the hitbox would win. They are not easy to come buy not everyone can just buy one. They are not manufactured by console developers they do give a advantage. Until they are easy to purchase world wide at fair prices for everyone to use and manufactured by xbox and playstation. They should be baned, joystcks keyboards pads are all manufactured by xbox and playstation so everyone can get one hitboxes are only manufactured by there company so international players are really going to struggle to obtain one. They are not fair people use them for a advantage. They can be classed as fair when every1 can easily obtain one from there local shop manufactured by there consoles developers. I don't see how you can argue with that.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
xbox/microsoft doesn't make fight sticks, niether does PS3/sony, tell the legion of gamers that use them that there wins are no good.

Hitbox is another controller, somepeople can use them, some people can. Some people can afford them, some people can't.

This is competitive gaming if it gave that much of an advantage, everyone would be using them,

as it is in MK

I would say 70%Pad / 29%Fightstick /1%Hitbox -

Nothing that can be done on hit box can't be done on Pad or Stick, they will not be banned.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Hitboxs are very expensive, non refundable 60 dollar shipping charge international. 160 dollars to buy. Aimed at the fighting game community because they improve your play. A reo with a pad vs a reo with a hitbox over 10 games am sure the reo with the hitbox would win. They are not easy to come buy not everyone can just buy one. They are not manufactured by console developers they do give a advantage. Until they are easy to purchase world wide at fair prices for everyone to use and manufactured by xbox and playstation. They should be baned, joystcks keyboards pads are all manufactured by xbox and playstation so everyone can get one hitboxes are only manufactured by there company so international players are really going to struggle to obtain one. They are not fair people use them for a advantage. They can be classed as fair when every1 can easily obtain one from there local shop manufactured by there consoles developers. I don't see how you can argue with that.

Do you know how much a Fight stick cost man!! For a good one, alot of money, and I don't know where you live, but I can't just walk into the store and buy a madcatz fight stick.

Don't be so salty, if yer serious about MK find a way to get one and show everyone that you have the advantage over them. If you just play casually or online, why would you even care?

Reo can do what he does on both Pad and Hitbox, he has proven this.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Yes madcatz joystick second hand about 25 pounds 50 dollars around. Brand new 60 dollars 30 pounds about. Hitbox 160 dollars 80 pounds about... Hmmm, price off shipping hitbox, ah yes! The same price of a brand new madcatz joystick. 60 dollars. I would love to see reo do the infinite block on a pad in a match.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yes madcatz joystick second hand about 25 pounds 50 dollars around. Brand new 60 dollars 30 pounds about. Hitbox 160 dollars 80 pounds about... Hmmm, price off shipping hitbox, ah yes! The same price of a brand new madcatz joystick. 60 dollars. I would love to see reo do the infinite block on a pad in a match.
Man brand new Madcatzs stick here is 160 bucks, so if you can get fightsticks there for that price, good on yah.

and i haven't found anyone willing to part with there stick for less then 70 bucks, I wouldn't buy used anyways, most likely just have to spend money on new buttons anyways.

yes Hitbox cost more, but you can very cheeply make one, and they guys that make them don't care as long as your not selling them as there layout is trademarked.

like I said man, if it made everyone better, everyone in the tourny scene would use them,

your in the UK??? these are the prices I found on one quick look for sticks there

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Street-Fighter-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament/dp/B001M25AY6

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Just because one company named HitBox is making them and they price them high, that doesn't mean you can't make your own. Mine is custom made (and you can tell lol) and I have absolutely no issues with it. The hitbox doesn't allow you to do ANYTHING that the game isn't designed to do. The hitbox having an execution advantage is no different than a stick having an advantage over pad, allowing you to hit your buttons with multiple fingers. I hate that people are complaining about it. It's impossible to hit left and right at the same time at any point whatsoever. Same for down and up. What is the problem here? People just see it... it looks different... they get beat... they blame it on the new different thing.