What's new

Should HitBox be banned?

Sasuga

Noob
I only have Xbox, and I use a hitbox. Instead of whining that it wasn't available to me, I just made one, and it works on both consoles. Amazing.

Little known fact: Due to up commands in this game, jump needs to be held for 3 frames before a jump is executed. With stick or pad you'll likely never notice, but with a hitbox there will be times you hit jump and nothing happens.

lol @ 99.9% accuracy on Scorpion's instant air teleport. I'd love to see you do that.
Exactly.

PS3:

PS3 Cthulhu Assembled, with Screw Terminals and USB Jack = $30

15x Sanwa pushbutton = $37.50

USB Cable = $5

Total $72.50

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox:

Madcatz Xbox360 Game pad = $19

SOCD Cleaner = $7

Total $63.50

All are available to everyone through the internetz. You might need to sacrifice your lunchbox and drill holes in it. And go to shoryuken.com to do some research.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
mk9 inputs and combos surely are easier than in other games

i don't know why this hitbox hate based solely upon execution advantage

players from all around the world are already pulling crazy shit with pad or fightsticks
(the latter being the arcade standard for decades no wonder why is so popular for fighting games)

hitbox is just a keyboard with sanwa buttons
iafs iagbs iass can be pulled off with fightsticks too

maybe it's the mk community that isn't able to execute them properly (yes, that is what is coming out your posts)
because really, i can't think of a single difficulty pulling off fast ub ub 1 inputs while people can do standing 360/720° in other games with a fightstick

the only concern about an hitbox should be the lever impossible inputs like forward+back which is the most investigated one
some pad (the ones with separate buttons for the 4 direction) should have this issue too - so it's nothing new

but really, claiming imba over an hitbox 'because you can pull instant air projectile better/faster' is what makes threads like this a joke

fightstick user here btw
This basically 100%

axeman87

Noob
Don't worry, he hasn't heard of you either.....
Can someone actually take care of this idiot....Idk what planet are you on but apparently it's the same one TMK is on.....
How exactly is someone going to "take care of me"? Seriously, I'd really like to know when I live on the other side of the planet in Australia.

Since you quoted me twice in the same thread, first to point out EXACTLY what I said in a albeit VERY lame attempt at ridicule, and 2nd to also point out once AGAIN that others agree with what I was saying and a HB is fine, quite obviously shows that you are threatened by new comers and feel the need to call them names.

Now please take this opportunity to insert your penis into your rectum. Idiot.

saix88

Banned
Exactly.

PS3:

PS3 Cthulhu Assembled, with Screw Terminals and USB Jack = $30

USB Cable = $5

Total $72.50

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox:

Madcatz Xbox360 Game pad = $19

SOCD Cleaner = $7

Total $63.50

All are available to everyone through the internetz. You might need to sacrifice your lunchbox and drill holes in it. And go to shoryuken.com to do some research.
Hey do you have schematics for building a PS3 too, you know since everyone is pretty much capable of building anything.

saix88

Banned
Nope. I'm doing the dual mod myself. XD

In case you were refering to the first part then yes, I am retarded.
Yes I was. Why doesn't someone have a pic by pic tutorial for the "intelligent" people that want a hitbox? Why is it that hitbox can't even get the part to make it for xbox360?

But to be frank, I don't even give a fuck because I prefer the pad lol.

shura30

Shura
Hey do you have schematics for building a PS3 too, you know since everyone is pretty much capable of building anything.
being able to wire a couple of buttons =/= pro electronics engineer

Yes I was. Why doesn't someone have a pic by pic tutorial for the "intelligent" people that want a hitbox?
have ever heard of something called google?

Why is it that hitbox can't even get the part to make it for xbox360?
basically each wiring/soldering job is focused around tearing apart an existing PCB (the one thing that allow you to mash something into your favourite move that is contained into your equipment) and rewiring it to a button or lever (concept is the same)

so there's really no problem getting one for 360

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Why doesn't someone have a pic by pic tutorial for the "intelligent" people that want a hitbox?
Find any "make your own stick" pic-by-pic tutorial and replace the directions for the stick with directions for 4 more buttons.
Why is it that hitbox can't even get the part to make it for xbox360?
Because they are waiting on the release of the ps360+, which was supposed to be released in Sept and we are still waiting.
www.walmart.com
You can get a ps3 AND a job to pay for it.

IniquityDM said:
Is the tactical assault commander 3 going to be banned for console FPSes as well? I dunno about you guys, but I hate the fuck out of pads for FPSes.
I believe MLG bans those things for their console competitions, and I'd be willing to bet other tournaments do, too. Console kiddies can't keep up using a pad but refuse to learn the m+k. Sound familiar?

Allowing players to use a hitbox is like allowing sport athletes to use steroids.

Except, you know, hitbox isn't detrimental to your health. Or illegal.

saix88

Banned
being able to wire a couple of buttons =/= pro electronics engineer
If you cook one meal does that make you a chef? If you bake one loaf of bread does that make you a baker? If you suck one dick...

have ever heard of something called google?
Hey I googled how to build a hitbox controller and guess what, nothing but reviews! How about providing links since everything is a breeze for you.

basically each wiring/soldering job is focused around tearing apart an existing PCB (the one thing that allow you to mash something into your favourite move that is contained into your equipment) and rewiring it to a button or lever (concept is the same)

so there's really no problem getting one for 360
So everyone must have soldering tools and knowledge of using them, I would love to order these parts and just end up with a fucked product.

Hey so the ONLY company that is mass producing these controllers are only capable to produce ps3/pc at the time, but these things are sooooo easy to make that there is a HUGE demand and a waiting list? WTF?! Are these people idiots, come on just go build your own, why wait?!

A PS3 user can buy theirs while a xbox user has to BUILD their own controller, am I the only one that sees an unfair advantage??? Why is it so fuckin mind boggling for a TEMPORARY ban until everyone can access it?!

Please someone tell me why Kratos is banned from tournaments, because you can just google him and see his kombos...

Sasuga

Noob
@saix88 : I already posted the link to shoryuken.com. You even quoted it.

Hey so the ONLY company that is mass producing these controllers are only capable to produce ps3/pc at the time, but these things are sooooo easy to make that there is a HUGE demand and a waiting list? WTF?! Are these people idiots, come on just go build your own, why wait?!
They are not a company. They can't use padhacks in their boxes.

saix88

Banned
Find any "make your own stick" pic-by-pic tutorial and replace the directions for the stick with directions for 4 more buttons.
Because they are waiting on the release of the ps360+, which was supposed to be released in Sept and we are still waiting.
Cool so I can semi build a hitbox right? Sweeeeeeet

www.walmart.com
You can get a ps3 AND a job to pay for it. [/quote]

whew thanks bro, I really need a job since I can afford a hitbox...

A Shura do me a favor and build me a hitbox, I will pay of course and I bet you can even start a waiting list!

saix88

Banned
If you people can't see that it's unfair for one group of people to get a product, yet the other half aren't able to get it, BUT they can build it and supposedly can't dual mod it YET.

I'm fucking off this is ridiculous.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Cool so I can semi build a hitbox right? Sweeeeeeet

www.walmart.com
You can get a ps3 AND a job to pay for it.
whew thanks bro, I really need a job since I can afford a hitbox...

A Shura do me a favor and build me a hitbox, I will pay of course and I bet you can even start a waiting list![/QUOTE]

Why can you only semi build a hitbox? Instead of connecting 4 wires to a stick, connect 4 wires to the directional buttons. it's the same fucking thing.

You can afford a hitbox? Go buy one, dual mod it, or pay someone else to do it. I doubt the dual modded hitboxes will be the same price as the ps3 only hitboxes, so no "unfair" advantage there. Besides, what does being able to afford a hitbox have to do with a ps3. You did ask about a ps3, right? You must have forgotten, since it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

I had no idea how to solder or do anything with arcade sticks, much less cutting plexi or any of that shit, but when I decided I wanted to try a hitbox and not pay for one plus pay to have it dual-modded, instead of coming on here crying about how it should be banned I just did a little reading and built my own. Then I built some more. I'm on my 3rd one right now with 3 more on the way for other people. It's amazing what happens when you stop crying and start doing.

hardwire

Noob
Yes, but that is a little different. You can turn faster with a pc-mouse than with a joypad. With a hitbox you can execute your stuff faster, but they won't come out faster. Still, I find the cross-platform argument a little odd since you can hook up a keyboard and mouse to your xbox. It's not really comfortable with a mouse and keyboard behind a tv-screen but that's a personal choice.
actualy to use a mouse and keyboard on a xbox game you have to use an adapter that emulates a xbox controller and even though its really well done it still does not feel like the real thing.

but how is turning faster and more precise not the same as being able to do the iagb faster (lower to the ground)

btw im a pad player on mk and i really dont care if people use a hitbox against me.

If you people can't see that it's unfair for one group of people to get a product, yet the other half aren't able to get it, BUT they can build it and supposedly can't dual mod it YET.

I'm fucking off this is ridiculous.
Your reasoning is completely stupid. Most meaningful tournaments are hosted on PS3, and most Stick manufactures don't offer dual mod options except recently eightarc.

So even if you use a Stick, you're going to have to learn to get it modded, or mod it yourself, or get a converter. So cut the bullshit whining. So if you got a 360 stick, you're going to have to mod it some how to make it work on PS3. Which is around the $20+ range for a converter.

You can apply the same thing for a PS3 HitBox, if you want to use it on 360, you're going to have to get it modded, or mod it yourself.

Which is roughly the same cost as buying a converter for a 360 Stick to work on a PS3. You're going to need a Toodles SOCD cleaner which is $7, and Pad Xbox 360 PCB is $19. Roughly $30 total for your HitBox to work on a 360, big deal you're going to spend $10 more, and that's if you know how to do the mod yourself.

Otherwise, both Stick/Hitbox you're going to have to get it modded.

Grow up.

Sasuga

Noob
actualy to use a mouse and keyboard on a xbox game you have to use an adapter that emulates a xbox controller and even though its really well done it still does not feel like the real thing.
No, you can just hook up your usb mouse and keyboard. Works immediately. Gamemakers do not support them in games but it's not impossible (you can use them in the main menu, though. keyboard at least). If you want to play games that do not support keyboard and mouse, you'll have to use use the converter you mentioned. But then you cannot turn as fast as with a 'real' mouse as it only uses you keyboard and mouse input to mimic a pad.

but how is turning faster and more precise not the same as being able to do the iagb faster (lower to the ground)
A hitbox does not make you able to do iagb lower to the ground. You can get the timing down on a pad. You'll have to do that on hitbox as well. It doesn't make you an instant executionlord. But it's slightly easier on hitbox. On the other hand, you cannot train yourself on a pad to turn as fast as a mouseplayer would.

hardwire

Noob
Allowing players to use a hitbox is like allowing sport athletes to use steroids.

rofl i love that picture

btw na its more like a quarked bat sure it makes it easyer but at the end of the day its still your own skill that hits the ball.

now aimbots on the pc thats a steroid abusing terminator right there.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I believe MLG bans those things for their console competitions, and I'd be willing to bet other tournaments do, too. Console kiddies can't keep up using a pad but refuse to learn the m+k. Sound familiar?
I just don't understand how anyone can use a pad for an actual competitive manner for FPSes and I'm sure there's no money in PC FPSes anymore since the only big money maker anymore is Cowadoodie. :facepalm: