What's new

Should HitBox be banned?

eks

Noob
Hitboxs are very expensive, non refundable 60 dollar shipping charge international. 160 dollars to buy. Aimed at the fighting game community because they improve your play. A reo with a pad vs a reo with a hitbox over 10 games am sure the reo with the hitbox would win. They are not easy to come buy not everyone can just buy one. They are not manufactured by console developers they do give a advantage. Until they are easy to purchase world wide at fair prices for everyone to use and manufactured by xbox and playstation. They should be baned, joystcks keyboards pads are all manufactured by xbox and playstation so everyone can get one hitboxes are only manufactured by there company so international players are really going to struggle to obtain one. They are not fair people use them for a advantage. They can be classed as fair when every1 can easily obtain one from there local shop manufactured by there consoles developers. I don't see how you can argue with that.
Hitboxes give you an advantage, but they are not gonna guarantee you a win, and until they are gamebreaking, this is a useless argument. If you're really committed winning on a professional level, $300 isn't gonna stop you. I mean, hardcore players travel across the country to attend tourneys which easily cost more than a Hitbox. A modern console costs about that much then there's the cost of the actual games. Then they'll either need a decent internet connection or have to actually get out to tourneys or to friend's house to hone their skills, both of which end up being rather costly. Please stop with this stupid shit.

Hell, if you're really that talented, you'll win with a pad and then invest in a Hitbox to take your game to the next level. Or as somebody already said, you can also fab your own.

Oh, and by your "by the manufacturer" logic, sticks should also be banned since Sony and Microsoft don't make their own sticks.

Hitbox doesnt really give you much of an advantage in this game. IMO its more comfortable than pad and stick for some games. MK9 is not execution heavy.

That is a video I did for HitBox before EVO. Most of those combos are just as easy to do on stick. The only combos that were easier on hitbox were the Nightwolf and the JC midscreen ones. Even then I can do them on stick consistantly.

The only issue I have with the hitbox is necessarily the hitbox itself but the input bug. Shit happens to me a lot when I play on hitbox.

Different subject, I think I was the only person to use a hitbox at EVO 2011. I didn't see anyone else using one but I could be wrong.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
hmm that is a very interesting point about keyboards not being banned
now people talk about being able to do cheap things with it that are nearly impossible on stick or pad...do u think that they shouuld keep the hitbox but somehow modify it so that it can be "fair" or should people just suck it up lmao?
It's already modified to be fair. Right and left at the same time is neutral and down and up at the same time is up. You can't do anything on it that you can't do on a stick or pad

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i cant wait til the future, when madcatz are selling cybernetic hand and finger modifications. Fuck hitboxes then, you guys wont know the meaning of complaints!

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
i remember this tread from time ago didnt think it was still alive dont understand why people hate the hitbox its just an alternative. Remember your first game controller i bet its nothing like the one you play on right now weather it has less buttons or more, everything changes. Remember the first gameboy it had 2 buttons and a dpad compare it to the 3ds see the difference you know what that is evolution technology evolves things are improved same thing with sony ps1 pad vs ps3 pad.....same thing with arcade sticks look up what older sticks used to look like some had less than 4 buttons. With pc gaming around for so long even fighting games get ported to them its only normal for someone to think to themselves that

the pc keys are too close together
i wonder if it would be better with thoes arcade style buttons i should try and see
^or something like that^

I bet you same hitbox haters gonna probably bring up your children to hate on the future controllers that seem soo unfair to pad users

would every one want to go back to when controllers had one button and a joystick?

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
if my liking of your post didnt already express my feelings clear enough i shall say it

i like da way you think

I remember some nerd building a ps3 controller whit extra buttons for a friend that had commands in them 1 button did kung laos spin other low hat on right part of the screen and then other 2 that did same on the left, he won the first ever regional whit it when mk9 came out in vanezuela it was 1.03 version, since kung is not soo good now he dropped the game but the question is are those custom made controllers banned or legit?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I remember some nerd building a ps3 controller whit extra buttons for a friend that had commands in them 1 button did kung laos spin other low hat on right part of the screen and then other 2 that did same on the left, he won the first ever regional whit it when mk9 came out in vanezuela it was 1.03 version, since kung is not soo good now he dropped the game but the question is are those custom made controllers banned or legit?
You needed to ask this.....in a "should hitbox be banned" thread.

All the hitbox does is changed the stick to 4 buttons, and thats too much for some people apparantly.

Macro/Turbo controllers and any other mods are all banned.

You needed to ask this.....in a "should hitbox be banned" thread.

All the hitbox does is changed the stick to 4 buttons, and thats too much for some people apparantly.

Macro/Turbo controllers and any other mods are all banned.
ty for the info

It's already modified to be fair. Right and left at the same time is neutral and down and up at the same time is up. You can't do anything on it that you can't do on a stick or pad
Nice. That's the only reason they should be banned, and that issue has apparently been taken care of.
Being able to do things that are physically impossible on sticks/pads is not fair, and I don't see how there is an argument against that.

This has got to be the most inane thing I've ever heard of. Banning a controller for no other reason, than it being more precise than another controller. Nobody buy a good guitar cause it's better than other guitars. Hey, are you using an iphone?! GET OFF THAT SHIT! Gotta stick to my circa. 1997 samsung flip phone.

Are you joking me? It doesn't have a turbo button, doesn't support macros, doesn't do A SINGLE THING that another controller cannot do. Stop complaining, about this stuff. It's petty and pathetic, if a slightly shorter instant air fan is going to be the difference between winning and losing for you, than you didn't deserve the victory anyway.

I play on a hitbox, and I'm living proof that if you're mediocre at the game to begin with, no controller will suddenly make you S tier.

It makes some things easier, but others, like Kano's ball, unnecessarily hard. And I still can't do iAS with Mileena anyway.

Everyone's pretty much beat to death the argument that it's as much better than stick as stick is better than pad and for the same reasons. That's the best argument I can think of, so I have nothing else to say.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
I play on a hitbox, and I'm living proof that if you're mediocre at the game to begin with, no controller will suddenly make you S tier.

It makes some things easier, but others, like Kano's ball, unnecessarily hard. And I still can't do iAS with Mileena anyway.

Everyone's pretty much beat to death the argument that it's as much better than stick as stick is better than pad and for the same reasons. That's the best argument I can think of, so I have nothing else to say.
Kano ball is easier if you learn to piano it eh kinda gotta mash it tbh. I own 2 hitbox but they should still ban them they make some impossible moves in Tekken much easier. Overall it is cheap and it does open paradoras box of garbage we have too look forward too in the future.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So allowing more technical things to happen during a game is suddenly a bad thing? If anything, it should raise the bar for competitive play.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
No doubt the hitbox doesn't make anyone any better and it is not easier to do everything on it (honestly its harder to play KOF on the hitbox for example) its also hard to cancel D4 into specials, at least for me

aj1701

Noob
Kano ball is easier if you learn to piano it eh kinda gotta mash it tbh. I own 2 hitbox but they should still ban them they make some impossible moves in Tekken much easier. Overall it is cheap and it does open paradoras box of garbage we have too look forward too in the future.
Statements like this should be banned. If it helps execution, I'm all for it. It will only make the game better.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
ive only just learned of these things. i honestly have no problem with them what so ever. i find them to be innovative.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Statements like this should be banned. If it helps execution, I'm all for it. It will only make the game better.
Why should my statements be redacted or censored exactly? I don't tread on your free speach so guess what you can do too mine.

Hitbox's ARE CHEAP.

Get over it. I love mine I OWN TWO ffs, but its cheap. lol Why would I lie to you -_-

Its just an opinion.

I def have mixed feelings on the hitbox for 90% of fighting games. With MK I think... theres too much sketchyness as it is.