What's new

Should Forever King have taken the GAME, the ROUND, or NEITHER???

GAME ROUND OR NEITHER

• Game

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Round

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This thread is pretty much why this community will never grow. In Starcraft shit like this happens all the time, they don't just hand over a round. Your biased opinions about PL aside, PL got robbed, and anybody else would be extremely emotional/angry about it .
StarCraft matches are much longer and strategic. Pausing doesn't ruin momentum as much as it does in fighting games..

Plus I'm not even sure you kan pause online anyway.

i think alot of people are missing the point yes PL is a scumbag sometimes but that doesnt mean he should be screwed over. if a game pauses during intros before "begin" does someone have to give up a game too? or during a round win animation? thats incredibly stupid
point is it doesnt matter who it happened to its just a dumb rule
The rule is there to make it easier on T.O.'s and to move the tournament along. With soo many variables, someone is bound to get upset. Most of the time, the rule states that it's up to the other person (in this kase Forever King) to decide.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Honestly I think it is dumb that this question needs to be asked. I feel like TOs should enforce that whoever pauses/disconnects, loses the game. It may be unfair especially if the person who had the mess up was winning, but still, a rule should be in place here. At least it is a rare occurrence. Idk I just think there needs to be a rule. With that being said I have no idea what I would have done in King's position because I was not in it. Sucks to see it happen though.

PL is actually claiming it was not his pad or FK pad that disconnected. It was really a third person wireless pad that disconnected during his match with fk but pl assumed it was FK and out of excitement of getting a dq win he dropped his pad making it look he was the one that disconnected, but in reality(according to PL) it was just some asshole who didn't desync his wireless pad before FK and PL sat down to play.

"FNATIC|PerfectLegend ‏@PerfectLegend 42m
The real story: 3 controllers plugged in. I'm p1 king is p3. p2 disconnects to go play casuals cause they were wireless. I get upset"

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
StarCraft matches are much longer and strategic. Pausing doesn't ruin momentum as much as it does in fighting games..

Plus I'm not even sure you kan pause online anyway.

The rule is there to make it easier on T.O.'s and to move the tournament along. With soo many variables, someone is bound to get upset. Most of the time, the rule states that it's up to the other person (in this kase Forever King) to decide.
Yes you can pause, and yes it can effect strat games. In the middle of a micro-intensive exchange, or your macro. You can definitely get into momentum in a strategy game. I know its comparing apples to oranges, but their should be a mutual respect in this case between opponents.

PL is actually claiming it was not his pad or FK pad that disconnected. It was really a third person wireless pad that disconnected during his match with fk but pl assumed it was FK and out of excitement of getting a dq win he dropped his pad making it look he was the one that disconnected, but in reality(according to PL) it was just some asshole who didn't desync his wireless pad before FK and PL sat down to play.

The real story: 3 controllers plugged in. I'm p1 king is p3. p2 disconnects to go play casuals cause they were wireless. I get upset"
Man I hope you are trolling. If not, that is the worst made up story I have ever heard. Wow.

From a competitor stand point, I know how Perfect Legend tries to get in your head before the match and in the match, while playing very fast to over whelm you.

Get you thinking about x and y, while he plays too fast for you to play the match in front of you.

The controller thing could have been very easily planned. An "innocent accident" that would get in FK's head, or give him an option select for when he loses.

PL can't stand to lose. These cheap things he has been doing since I met him at Frosty Faustings.

Notice how he is the ONLY player to complain about lag? Shock was right to tell him to STFU and stop making excuses.

Take your fucking loss like a man.
Real niggas do real shit. Pl is NOT a real nigga.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Maybe PL is right, but if a third party controller is connected and disconnects.. would it pause the game? Also wasnt there a strict enforcement of NO WIRELESS PADS? who had a wireless pad? they are who to blame!!!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Did anyone else feel uncomfortable watching a grown man being scolded like a 5 year old? Lol, I understand that he felt robbed but don't act like a little brat about it and start making up bs lag issues ("I don't care what anyone else thinks, I thought it was laggy"). If that had been me I would probably be too ashamed to ever show up to a tournament again
Yes. This is why I blow up Carl...he has absolutely no class, maturity, humility, grace, elegance, or respect. He acts like a stubborn little child and creates excuses CONSTANTLY. I come from a sports background, and believe you me, if I acted the way he did, I'd be laughed off the court (out of the scene). He needs to grow up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I understand that rules are rules, but they need to change or at least be adaptable.

TO's need to gather, access the situation (quickly and best possible) depending on the circumstances in which a pause took place. To start with, who paused? was it the player in control with a life lead? was it end of round? did that player have the momentum? (such as player executing a combo, while winning the round). They should make the decision on its individual merit, instead of open shut "its down to the guy who didn't pause, or TO's option to give the game".

I'm sorry for those who disagree with me, but a player accidentally pausing isn't as simple as you think it is or want it to be.

But my opinion on this particular pause should have been "round to king" not game, and continue. PL was in too much control with a life lead, he also had the momentum of executing a combo for the end of the round. Again, each example on its own individual merit. And the reason I decided on round to king was purely down to the fact that PL caused the pause, that's all king had going for him in decision, nothing else.
Not every match is on stream or "important" to others so there kould be some unjust things going on if people start deciding they kan choose for the players.

To some, meter is important, to others it's positioning, and sometimes it's the match up that determines which is more important. Other times people disagree all together. Too many variables make it tough and it is bad to wrong the player that did nothing wrong. Sometimes people lie or are so kaught up in the match they forget.

It is exactly because it is not simple that we need to take a simple approach to this. We kan't pull out a large rule book every time something like this happens with all these klauses and screw over players. T.O.'s also already have enough to worry about...

PS: It's assess* not access... Don't want to be a dick, just bugged me.

GGA Max

That's simply not true, on xbox we have faced that issue that you can ONLY play versus with the guy next to you if you are both p1 and p2.

If one guy is p3 he can't do anything until he sets his pad to p2.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yes you can pause, and yes it can effect strat games. In the middle of a micro-intensive exchange, or your macro. You can definitely get into momentum in a strategy game. I know its comparing apples to oranges, but their should be a mutual respect in this case between opponents.
Rules are similar to laws in that you kan't just assume the best in people.. I'd rather assume the worst even if that's not always the kase because if people find out they kan abuse stuff they will...

PS: I kan see how that kan mess them up in StarCraft.. Though I still don't think it applies the same way.

Maxter

Noob
I understand that rules are rules, but they need to change or at least be adaptable.

TO's need to gather, access the situation (quickly and best possible) depending on the circumstances in which a pause took place. To start with, who paused? was it the player in control with a life lead? was it end of round? did that player have the momentum? (such as player executing a combo, while winning the round). They should make the decision on its individual merit, instead of open shut "its down to the guy who didn't pause, or TO's option to give the game".
I'm sorry for those who disagree with me, but a player accidentally pausing isn't as simple as you think it is or want it to be.

But my opinion on this particular pause should have been "round to king" not game, and continue. PL was in too much control with a life lead, he also had the momentum of executing a combo for the end of the round. Again, each example on its own individual merit. And the reason I decided on round to king was purely down to the fact that PL caused the pause, that's all king had going for him in decision, nothing else.

This makes perfect sense mate and is very reasonable, better judgement should be made on these situation and take only a round if the players don't get to an agreement, In my situation people have paused against me and also had converted Issues offstream and I'll just let things keep rolling and even ask him he he wants to reset the match without giving advantage to anyone lol, and I'm the affected person who was supposed to lose momentum cause of a pause, IMO losing momentum is an excuse unless they pause in the middle of being comboed to make you drop it or when they are getting pressured. =)

That's simply not true, on xbox we have faced that issue that you can ONLY play versus with the guy next to you if you are both p1 and p2.

If one guy is p3 he can't do anything until he sets his pad to p2.
Tell PL that. I personally thought regardless of this incident he was gonna get destroyed by FK anyway.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
zero chance his story is true
it cant be. the match before FK and PL was REO and Zyphox. Zyphox plays on Hitbox which is always wired and REO played on a wired ps2 pad, which you can clearly see in the footage. Also when zyphox disconnects his pad at the end of the set, it says p1 disconnected.

PL also claimed FK used a wireless pad which isnt true, u can see the cord attached to FKs controller at the beginning of the set. Further into the set, when the pause happens, the game pauses and p1 disconnection icon comes up at the same exact time, which indicates it was indeed p1 that disconnected. So yeah.. the story is made up.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
PS: It's assess* not access... Don't want to be a dick, just bugged me.
That's the ipad auto correct/predictive text auto fill, happens all the time.

When a pause happens, its a very important moment and special consideration needs to be taken into account. A decision on it's individual merit should be made instead of an outlined definitive rule for any situational pause.

It happens, it will continue to happen and it needs to be updated or made to adapt. And this is a prime example of something needing special consideration on its individual merit, as no one could even prove or be 100% sure AT THE TIME that it was PL that initially paused until he threw down or supposedly dropped the controller, yet the template rule was applied to a very special incident, and the rules just aren't capable of determining this situation in their current "you pause you lose" state.

Plenty of them were there watching the fight, it should be deliberated on by the community leaders and not dictated. Even if it took time, it was very important.

Last edited: