What's new

Should Forever King have taken the GAME, the ROUND, or NEITHER???

GAME ROUND OR NEITHER

• Game

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Round

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Rules are similar to laws in that you kan't just assume the best in people.. I'd rather assume the worst even if that's not always the kase because if people find out they kan abuse stuff they will...

PS: I kan see how that kan mess them up in StarCraft.. Though I still don't think it applies the same way.
But in this case what would PL gain out of disconnecting on his own combo that he'd take first bar with? I just don't understand the logic in this thread.

it cant be. the match before FK and PL was REO and Zyphox. Zyphox plays on Hitbox which is always wired and REO played on a wired ps2 pad, which you can clearly see in the footage. Also when zyphox disconnects his pad at the end of the set, it says p1 disconnected.

PL also claimed FK used a wireless pad which isnt true, u can see the cord attached to FKs controller at the beginning of the set. Further into the set, when the pause happens, the game pauses and p1 disconnection icon comes up at the same exact time, which indicates it was indeed p1 that disconnected. So yeah.. the story is made up.
nice work man!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
That's the ipad auto correct/predictive text auto fill, happens all the time.

When a pause happens, its a very important moment and special consideration needs to be taken into account. A decision on it's individual merit should be made instead of an outlined definitive rule for any situational pause.

It happens, it will continue to happen and it needs to be updated or made to adapt. And this is a prime example of something needing special consideration on its individual merit, as no one could even prove that it was PL that initially paused until he threw down or supposedly dropped the controller, yet the template rule was applied to a very special incident, and the rules just aren't capable of determine this situation in their current "you pause you lose" state.

We are all smart knowledge people, and plenty of them were there watching the fight,it should be deliberated on not dictated. Even if it took time, it was very important.
I didn't see exactly what happened but it actually says "Player 1" or "Player 2" on the pause screen..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
But in this case what would PL gain out of disconnecting on his own combo that he'd take first bar with? I just don't understand the logic in this thread.
Don't know.

If I wanted to think of something I kould say that he probably did it because he thought he was going to drop the kombo or because he was scared of losing. (Not my opinion just throwing an idea out because you asked me to.)

Either way, my point isn't to justify this kase. This kase is done with. It's over. There's literally no going back. My point is for future kases....

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
nice work man!
just re-read my post and there are still a few holes to clear. if PL really did drop his controller out off excitement from the pause screen, he has the most godlike reactions in the fgc, because everything happened at the exact same time. Also if a 3rd party controller was TRULY connected as p2 and FK was p3, then the 2nd player icon of disconnection wouldve shown up. the first controller to disconnect has priority over all other controllers and will remain on screen until the problem is fixed. I find this to be true because when Zyphox unhooks his pad it says "p1 disconnected", when REO disconnects his the screen remains the same and seems as if REO never disconnected (some may argue maybe he never did disconnect, but u can clearly see he did in the footage)

all in all, it was PLs fault from dropping the controller and causing the game to pause. maybe having a WHOLE game taken was a bit too harsh, but what happened is what happened and theres no changing that.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
you take the match I don't care who it is if its your fault/your equipments fault oh well sucks for you don't come to a tournament with faulty equipment :)

also it doesn't matter if pl had already won the first game and had king at 1% health and dropped his controller or whatever sorry but da match be mine :REO

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I just rewatched this. I might be wrong about the "please reconnect controller" thing showing the light of the controller that dc'd, but -

In the button check, when PL changes his buttons, it says "NRS Tester paused" (the name of the profile). When it happens in game it says "NRS Tester paused". If it was a different controller it would say a different profile or "Player 3 paused" or w/e. It was 100% PL.

Last edited:
Hmm, take the game or not? personally I play on when stuff like that happens (DJT does as well), but we all have our own opinions and things happen like this unfortunately (like my evo 2011 situation, nightmare at evo 2013, etc.).

Fromundaman

I write too much.
You know what, in a local, I would let that go.
In a major though? It doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter what the reason, you take that game.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Anyone can go ahead and prove/disprove that PL could be right by doing exactly what he says happened. I can't right now. Connect 3 controllers, have p1 and p3 in a match, disconnect p2 (pull cord or take out battery pack). If anything else but what happened on stream happens, PL is wrong.

It sucks, but rules are rules. If you start picking and choosing when circumstances apply, then there shouldn't be any in the first place. Its one of the main things that separate casual from tournament play.

SEV

Noob
To be honest it should have been a re-game in a worst case scenario if a TO was around. Seeing how the community wants into the MLG circuit, if this happened during an MLG event, and given the circumstances, a ref would have most likely told them to continue the game. A lot of the hate seems to come from the fact that it was PL in the situation rather than someone else in the community that people like more, but his reputation shouldn't come into the equation, and both the staff and PL himself handled the situation poorly. That being said no one can blame FK for taking the game; if given the option, anyone else would have if they truly wanted to win. Ultimately though the loss as a whole is his own fault. Plenty of people come back from 0-1 deficit to win, therefore the reasoning behind the loss shouldn't matter. He decided to get over emotional and pretty much threw the second game when a proper competitive mindset would have been to forget the first loss while focusing on winning the next two. Skill isn't worth shit if you don't have the mental fortitude to keep your composure when things start going against you, regardless of how unfair the circumstances may be.

Last edited:

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I just rewatched this. I might be wrong about the "please reconnect controller" thing showing the light of the controller that dc'd, but -

In the button check, when PL changes his buttons, it says "NRS Tester paused" (the name of the profile). When it happens in game it says "NRS Tester paused". If it was a different controller it would say a different profile or "Player 3 paused" or w/e. It was 100% PL.
Yes, it was player 1 light. In fairness you can't be completely sure that PL was player 1 before the disconnet, except if it wasn't his controller you could look at it after the disconnect and see it still showed player 2 (or whatever). And you're correct about the account name. -- And after un-pausing and re-pausing it indeed says "Player 2 paused". (Which also means that FK was the one that exited the match while the argument about what to do was still going on. Which is VERY not cool since it eliminates most possibilities of taking a single round instead of the whole match.)

18:30
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/511494217

And if you sit down at the XBox and there are three player lights showing green don't start your match until there are only two.

I would say FK should get the round, although since Injustice doesn't have distinct rounds that does pose something of a logistical problem.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
FK just lost a game in tournament because of a pause when he was playing Black Adam against Theo and he didn't whine about giving up the game. There should just be a rule in place and it shouldn't even be up to the players at all so there is less salt about it.