What's new

Should Forever King have taken the GAME, the ROUND, or NEITHER???

GAME ROUND OR NEITHER

• Game

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Round

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
You can't modify the rule. If that was the case there would be a debate every time something like this happened. It should always go to the player who didn't pause/whatever. I'd be pissed if it happened to me too...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm confused. Didn't PL pick up his controller and move around to show he was still connected? If so, how can you move around on the screen if your controller is disconnected?

Either way, taking a full game was a scumbag move. I've never seen anyone take a full game from a disconnect before. I've seen people take a round, but never a full game. In reality most people play on like it never happened, major or not. Also, how come no one is mentioning FK was playing on a wireless controller? lol...he should have been DQ'ed before the match even started. RULES ARE RULES..remember?

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
not forever kings problem that PL had a controller issue. thats entirely on him. you pause then its up to the discretion of your opponent, and any tourney player will take any advantage they can get, thats it. end of discussion. PL would have done the same, no matter how much his saltiness will try to deny it.

How exactly are the "take a round" supporters suggesting that be implemented? In a game like SF it's as simple as landing a jab and letting time run out. But in this game? The timer doesn't reset, simply letting one player or other beat the other character into submissions messes with the meter situation, etc, etc, etc. You can't properly take rounds in this game.

I'm confused. Didn't PL pick up his controller and move around to show he was still connected? If so, how can you move around on the screen if your controller is disconnected?

Either way, taking a full game was a scumbag move. I've never seen anyone take a full game from a disconnect before. I've seen people take a round, but never a full game. In reality most people play on like it never happened, major or not. Also, how come no one is mentioning FK was playing on a wireless controller? lol...he should have been DQ'ed before the match even started. RULES ARE RULES..remember?
someone said his controller was wired, so that has to be out of the question (he used the same wired controller at SCR as well). Also, this happened to King at SCR vs Theo, I'm sure he didn't like that he had to give up a game, but he definitely didn't make a super big scene over it either. Messed up controller things happen from time to time, I think ppl seriously need to make sure their converters/controller don't mess up at all on them. Me and DJT dnt ever get random pauses or what not in a tournament match.

How exactly are the "take a round" supporters suggesting that be implemented? In a game like SF it's as simple as landing a jab and letting time run out. But in this game? The timer doesn't reset, simply letting one player or other beat the other character into submissions messes with the meter situation, etc, etc, etc. You can't properly take rounds in this game.
another issue with the no round system of IGAU, which is why I prefer round over just 2 health bars, then stuff like this wouldn't have happened, would've just been a round for FK instead.

Fangoria19

Groovy
In all seriousness, when the aftermath drama was harshing tank top guy's chill on commentary, that was the real injustice here.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
someone said his controller was wired, so that has to be out of the question (he used the same wired controller at SCR as well). Also, this happened to King at SCR vs Theo, I'm sure he didn't like that he had to give up a game, but he definitely didn't make a super big scene over it either. Messed up controller things happen from time to time, I think ppl seriously need to make sure their converters/controller don't mess up at all on them. Me and DJT dnt ever get random pauses or what not in a tournament match.
uhhhh so you're saying FK was in fact on a wired controller? That means PL is a flat out liar lol.

coolwhip

Noob
I'll put my 2 cents in here, it is true that pausing a game can make you lose momentum and that a penalty for this occurrence must be in place. but also it should be judged accordingly by TO's or fair players with good sense of judgement.
Even tho Carl and I don't get along much these days, I didn't enjoy seeing him going down this way and find it a little Unfair that the whole match was taken from him.
This rule exist in other games but it is up to the players to let it roll or if the player feel affected by the pause he can take the round, we have seen this much in SF4 streams and you see the players keeping going and rarely some take the round, "The round no the whole match"

In this case PL was taken from his full match, I know Injustice is 3 rounds inside a big round but if you noticed FK was never gonna be affected or lose momentum by this because PL was the one executing a combo when the pause happened and PL was gonna be the only one suffering from this. I'm not sure who gave FK permission to make a decision to take whole match or keep playing because whoever did really made a poor judgement of what really happened and this shouldn't happened again in the future.

This has happened to other players before in tournament against me and I've never taken any rounds i'll just tell them to keep playing, as a competitor you should have some honor unless the pause was intentional or really messed you up when you were in the middle of a combo against your opponent.

Oh well guys I hope whenever this happens again the to's don't give the other player advantage just because it happened but make a better judgement about what should be done, if match should be reseted, or just let it roll, or give affected players advantage not only leaving it in the players hands because these will abuse of these opportunities to win a match.

sorry for spelling was in a rush =)
The most levelheaded post in the thread. <3 Maxter.

Rules are rules is preschool logic. Nothing is black and white and a player got screwed because people don't want to use their brains.

That said I would never want to win with an asterisk. It is the FGC, you guys don't play for money, you play for pride.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
lol, does anyone even like the round system of injustice? it has so many downsides to it I prefer the classic round system by far.
I like it when it comes to chasing down zoning characters, like if I can end the round with Sinestro stuck in the corner vs my grundy than I know I'm in a good spot. Like I know I'm gonna lose most of my first bar chasing him but I know if I can catch him in the corner then the tide can swing my way very fast

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

He didn't take a game, he took one match and then made Carl quit in the next one

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Ah I see what you're saying now . And how do you propose he take less, taking into account the rules that a pause is a loss for the one who did it?

Can't just take a round
Most people during the MK era just took a loss of a round. Not a full game. Just carry the score over to the next match. I've seen it in other communities as well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Most people during the MK era just took a loss of a round. Not a full game. Just carry the score over to the next match. I've seen it in other communities as well.
Meter differences, positioning differences, time differences, etcetera. Then you have characters with traits like bane, and do you just let him get it back?

Taking a round is basically like throwing the game to your opponent anyways

I like it when it comes to chasing down zoning characters, like if I can end the round with Sinestro stuck in the corner vs my grundy than I know I'm in a good spot. Like I know I'm gonna lose most of my first bar chasing him but I know if I can catch him in the corner then the tide can swing my way very fast
what youre saying is in mk9 actually, but in mk it is still seperate rounds