What's new

Should Forever King have taken the GAME, the ROUND, or NEITHER???

GAME ROUND OR NEITHER

• Game

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Round

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

GGA Max

I didn't see what happened, but by all accounts, he was the one hitting the combo to take the first life bar...why the hell would he drop his controller on purpose?
Probably was an accident, I really can't accuse him one way or the other since there's no proof. But there are so many shenanigans when he has to play one of his rivals/some one who is good. No one else has so many hang-ups on rules.

coolwhip

Noob
Probably was an accident, I really can't accuse him one way or the other since there's no proof. But there are so many shenanigans when he has to play one of his rivals/some one who is good. No one else has so many hang-ups on rules.
I agree there's always drama involving PL, and he brings most of it on himself. I do think however, that this was just a "shit happens" moment, as opposed to some deliberate scheme on his behalf.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
If King didn't take it and lost a 2-1 game, we'd be saying how he should have taken it. And let's not pretend that was the only reason King won, he's arguably the best player in Injustice right now. 1 healthbar doesn't mean King wouldn't have comeback (didn't see, but gathering this was on the first lifebar)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I remember when I was like 8... I was playing Pac-Man and I finally outsmarted the ghosts and was on my way to passing a level I've never passed before and all I had to do is watch Pac-Man eat the last pellets and I would beat the level. I was so excited that when I put my arms in the air, I bumped the stick and ran into the ghost chasing me. I lost my last life and didn't pass the level. Should the rules of the game have let me take the level anyways because I messed up?......................

LOL #Kappa

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I remember when I was like 8... I was playing Pac-Man and I finally outsmarted the ghosts and was on my way to passing a level I've never passed before and all I had to do is watch Pac-Man eat the last pellets and I would beat the level. I was so excited that when I put my arms in the air, I bumped the stick and ran into the ghost chasing me. I lost my last life and didn't pass the level. Should the rules of the game have let me take the level anyways because I messed up?......................

LOL #Kappa

Maxter

Noob
I'll put my 2 cents in here, it is true that pausing a game can make you lose momentum and that a penalty for this occurrence must be in place. but also it should be judged accordingly by TO's or fair players with good sense of judgement.
Even tho Carl and I don't get along much these days, I didn't enjoy seeing him going down this way and find it a little Unfair that the whole match was taken from him.
This rule exist in other games but it is up to the players to let it roll or if the player feel affected by the pause he can take the round, we have seen this much in SF4 streams and you see the players keeping going and rarely some take the round, "The round no the whole match"

In this case PL was taken from his full match, I know Injustice is 3 rounds inside a big round but if you noticed FK was never gonna be affected or lose momentum by this because PL was the one executing a combo when the pause happened and PL was gonna be the only one suffering from this. I'm not sure who gave FK permission to make a decision to take whole match or keep playing because whoever did really made a poor judgement of what really happened and this shouldn't happened again in the future.

This has happened to other players before in tournament against me and I've never taken any rounds i'll just tell them to keep playing, as a competitor you should have some honor unless the pause was intentional or really messed you up when you were in the middle of a combo against your opponent.

Oh well guys I hope whenever this happens again the to's don't give the other player advantage just because it happened but make a better judgement about what should be done, if match should be reseted, or just let it roll, or give affected players advantage not only leaving it in the players hands because these will abuse of these opportunities to win a match.

sorry for spelling was in a rush =)

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

LOL #Kappa

Lets say PL is you bumping the stick during pacman.. you lost the game because you bumped the stick and pacman ran into a ghost right? PL was doing a round winning combo and "bumped the stick".. so he "lost the game" lol

Were any of the people acting as if King had a say in the matter actually there? Cause from what I saw on stream King didn't say a word. He just sat there the entire time.

skahwt

Noob
I think it should be a tournament standard to give the other player the game if their opponent pauses. It is harsh but leaves no room for cheating , takes out any TO bias, and it is unfair to make the other player decide.

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable watching a grown man being scolded like a 5 year old? Lol, I understand that he felt robbed but don't act like a little brat about it and start making up bs lag issues ("I don't care what anyone else thinks, I thought it was laggy"). If that had been me I would probably be too ashamed to ever show up to a tournament again

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
It sucks, but you have to take the game, that's just the way it is. Giving him the benefit of the doubt may have been the "honorable" thing to do but you're playing to win and if you end up losing you'll get blown the heck up for not taking it

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
correction: He loses the round no the whole match, thats how it's always been.
With how the lifebars are done, rounds and positioning are a huge part of Injustice, so you can't just "take the round". Being so far behind in life and getting that back will grant meter one way or the other and mess things up. Taking the game is the only way.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I understand that rules are rules, but they need to change or at least be adaptable.

TO's need to gather, access the situation (quickly and best possible) depending on the circumstances in which a pause took place. To start with, who paused? was it the player in control with a life lead? was it end of round? did that player have the momentum? (such as player executing a combo, while winning the round). They should make the decision on its individual merit, instead of open shut "its down to the guy who didn't pause, or TO's option to give the game".

I'm sorry for those who disagree with me, but a player accidentally pausing isn't as simple as you think it is or want it to be.

But my opinion on this particular pause should have been "round to king" not game, and continue. PL was in too much control with a life lead, he also had the momentum of executing a combo for the end of the round. Again, each example on its own individual merit. And the reason I decided on round to king was purely down to the fact that PL caused the pause, that's all king had going for him in decision, nothing else.

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
T.o.s have the discretion to give the win to the person that paused as long as it was
"Imminent death". I didnt see the match but if all PL needed was one more hit in the combo with a huge life lead, he should of been given the win. Its in most tournaments rulebook

ryublaze

Noob
I wanted them to just play it out cuz the pause wouldn't even have affected the match...

I wish they would be more specific with the rules, like only counts as a loss if the pause would have affected the outcome of the match, and not if it happened during end round animation, stage transition, round ending combo, etc.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
T.o.s have the discretion to give the win to the person that paused as long as it was
"Imminent death". I didnt see the match but if all PL needed was one more hit in the combo with a huge life lead, he should of been given the win. Its in most tournaments rulebook
PL was going to win the first round. He dropped his controller supposedly (idk if that was the case, but that is what everyone was saying)