What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I posted this in another thread idk if its already known but in bone shaper when you do the string b3 1 d2 or f3 1 d2 you can get a hell sparks and df2 scoop out after the overhead slam. So this gives him a mix up where you can either go with overhead into sparks or just do the overhead right into low scoop or not even do overhead just throw the low. Its tight timing but I'm pulling it off everytime now
Great find, wonder what @xSMoKEx thinks.

RM_NINfan101

How is that a mixup though? Its either a low or a projectile. Just block overhead then low every time and full punish shinnok. The mixup is cancelling after the 1 to low scoop, or letting the overhead rock.
The mixup is doing it early after the 1 and before the d+2 which is an overhead. Also, the hellsparks can blow up anyone trying to punish or make it safe I believe.

There's no benefit of doing the F+3, 1, D+2 string right? Or what about doing the U+2 after both strings?

Pandamoniumz

Don't Listen, Save Money
The mixup is doing it early after the 1 and before the d+2 which is an overhead. Also, the hellsparks can blow up anyone trying to punish or make it safe I believe.

There's no benefit of doing the F+3, 1, D+2 string right? Or what about doing the U+2 after both strings?
That's what I mean. What he discovered, or how I read it, was after the overhead hits either scoop or spark raw, not canceled. Which doesn't do anything different than just canceling off the d2.

RM_NINfan101

That's what I mean. What he discovered, or how I read it, was after the overhead hits either scoop or spark raw, not canceled. Which doesn't do anything different than just canceling off the d2.
No no, before the overhead. Either way, before the overhead gives him a legit mixup.

RM_NINfan101

I fear in time it will be fuzzyable pretty easily unfortunately. Just like doomsday d1 Earthshaker. Just block low and high after a brief pause.
Yeah but think about it, you're not doing it EVERYTIME. You're doing it every once in awhile to test their reactions.

Pandamoniumz

Don't Listen, Save Money
Yeah but think about it, you're not doing it EVERYTIME. You're doing it every once in awhile to test their reactions.
But the blocking is always the same. Obviously this is in a perfect little vacuum, but it's a mixup that can be defended a singular way once the opponent knows what to do.

RM_NINfan101

But the blocking is always the same. Obviously this is in a perfect little vacuum, but it's a mixup that can be defended a singular way once the opponent knows what to do.
Hey man, don't knock it til you try it. Even Daigo Umehara (Yeah I know, Street Fighter logic lol) does DPs on his opponents who stand and block normally to intimidate them and it will hit on occasion, shaking their opponents off their game.

Human reactions are not perfect. :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
F.3 1 d.2 and f.3 1 scepter is a mixup

Also you'd be surprised how many people just get hit by sparks because they try to buffer a phnish

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Another thing you can go for to open someone up is to confirm your d1's (on block) into scepter, reading a counter poke.

RM_NINfan101

You guys actually made me rethink Bone Shaper Shinnok a lot just now.

Though I still hate trying to do EX Scepter combos.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I meant it like you could cancel after overhead d2 in b3 1 d2 and f3 1 d2 right into low scoop which would be overhead right into low it may be able to be fuzzied I'm not sure yet it needs more testing but by having that option you could just not do overhead and just do scoop it gives your opponent more to think about.
And as others have said you could punish a move with the hell sparks as well after overhead d2 but really this all hasn't been tested I just found it out today I just wanted to share it so we all could find out if its viable or not

RM_NINfan101

B3' 1 d2 df2 is Hella gimmick same with the whiffing punishable sparks after d2 so its super risky if you're playing someone with a brain.
Sometimes you gotta take risks, can't always play it safe as strange as it sounds. But yeah that is indeed an issue.

Ojpaxton

Noob
Sometimes you gotta take risks, can't always play it safe as strange as it sounds. But yeah that is indeed an issue.
Yah you do I agree just gotta be mlg about it. honestly not to talk shinnok up, but you gotta be a beast to see results , he has the ability to fuck so hard with your opponents mind which makes me believe he's truly good, I got pages of new tech ready I'll drop it soon when I know it fully works

RM_NINfan101

Yah you do I agree just gotta be mlg about it. honestly not to talk shinnok up, but you gotta be a beast to see results , he has the ability to fuck so hard with your opponents mind which makes me believe he's truly good, I got pages of new tech ready I'll drop it soon when I know it fully works
I would love to see whatever you got as would the rest of us, whenever you're ready!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Sorry,guys: I´m new with Shinnok,please help me
Whats are the main differences between Necromancer and bone shaper? I´m testing it and I think bone shaper is better BY FAR. What are the necromancer pros?
Thank you

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unless you just personally prefer it, I don't see much of a reason to use Necromancer. Every match-up you would potentially use it for, you could use Imposter instead. I'm going to stick with Shinnok for a little longer and just change up my gameplan a bit. He still is not a great character for a lot of reasons, but he's still able to win. I don't want to abandon him yet just because he's not great, I'm not planning on winning EVO so my character being bad doesn't really mater that much to me.

I got to play the game for the first time yesterday and played both Impostor and Necromancer. Liked both, but of course as my first choice the Impostor variation is super fun to play. Finally got the feels of how unsafe he really is, but his normals a pretty good. So I think I will be playing him)