What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Pandamoniumz

Don't Listen, Save Money
Gimme a sec gonna make a wall of text on how this makes shinnok Insane in the corner
I have a few questions about this tech.

1) Does it require that setup combo, or does raw 1124 also lead into it? And if it does require that combo, does it work on the smaller females in the cast?

2) Does it blow up kung lao spin? If so, top tier tech and you da real mvp.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I've been finding it difficult to land a NJP after hitting someone with an EX DF2 in Bone Shaper around max range.

Has anyone else had trouble with this?
Yes. Sometimes it won't even auto correct my neutral hit after and I'm like WTF?. Lately online I've been sacrificing the neutral and either ending with his F221+3 or I'll F3~db2 to add distance then as the last spark hits I throw out his bf1.

Last edited:

Ojpaxton

Noob
Ok so to go on about this new corner tech, if ur opponent decides to delay and lay on the ground you have the option to ex scepter, if he/she trys to jump you have time after the scepter to njp( I think), also the low of b3 can be used on them .5 seconds after they are knocked down with the scepter forcing them to stand, there is windows inside these corner mixups where your opponent can wake up but at this point they won't want to once they know you can stop it, some wake ups avoid this (ones that leave the ground ) so this corner tech is very young and needs more studying.

Ojpaxton

Noob
Doing ex scepter is prbly the best option, the main thing though is it might not break the armour like the non ex does, like I said it's still young

Ojpaxton

Noob
I have a few questions about this tech.

1) Does it require that setup combo, or does raw 1124 also lead into it? And if it does require that combo, does it work on the smaller females in the cast?

2) Does it blow up kung lao spin? If so, top tier tech and you da real mvp.
OK sorry just seen this, I just got home.for the first question, as of my knowledge now you have to do 1123 inside the juggle the knock down creates a little slide animation and ur able to do the scepter quicker shoulder charge is in question of working aswell (non ex), as for the lao spin I'mma test right now, but this shit is beating ex everything so far oh and females I don't wanna say yes fully... but yes

Last edited:

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
Looks like there is hope after all:rolleyes:, i nearly gave up on this character. But he'll surely be my number one. I love imposter but play bone shaper more bcos you have a few mix up options with the b31d2 string, i wish he had that in all variations, he would be better off. With imposter, you kind of have to be patient and wait to punish since you can't really open up people unless you get a combo and reset. He surely has to be buffed in the future, i hope its pretty soon:).

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
OK sorry just seen this, I just got home.for the first question, as of my knowledge now you have to do 1123 inside the juggle the knock down creates a little slide animation and ur able to do the scepter quicker shoulder charge is in question of working aswell (non ex), as for the lao spin I'mma test right now, but this shit is beating ex everything so far oh and females I don't wanna say yes fully... but yes
Can it be backdashed?

Ojpaxton

Noob
Oh and it blows Laos spin up so fucking hard It almost looks like you could combo off it, cyclone though is tricky you have to execute literally perfect timing, like out of 100 times I succeed 4 lol, testing with lao made me notice that some chars you can get away with slight in perfection timing some you have to be on the money or ur eating it, this will take practice that's for sure.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Question: see how we can steal Jax's unblockable ground pound and trap him with it, can you combo off of it back into Mimicry? I'd test it myself but it's 2am here lol.

Youphemism

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe you can't unfortunately...
No. I'm not accepting this. I'll find it tomorrow. I'll do it. If you can land a NJP and you can land a D2 you can land even 1~Mimicry goddamnit. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO.

NRS pls, we're only asking for an infinite here #NRSPls #SOS #SaveOurShinnok #ItsOnlyAnInfinite #HeNeedsIt #BuffShinnok2015

True Grave

No. I'm not accepting this. I'll find it tomorrow. I'll do it. If you can land a NJP and you can land a D2 you can land even 1~Mimicry goddamnit. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO.

NRS pls, we're only asking for an infinite here #NRSPls #SOS #SaveOurShinnok #ItsOnlyAnInfinite #HeNeedsIt #BuffShinnok2015
In all honesty, just give him a slight damage buff so his meter isn't wasted. That's all I want.

I really want infinites and 100% kill combos please :)

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Yeah. I know f224 has a big gap after the 4. So that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that it's the strongest weapon in the mk universe and it doesn't break armor.
what doesn't make sense is that armor breaking moves isn't soething that everyone has given that pretty much everyone has armor

OmegaXF

Booyah!
Hey Shinnok fam, I got an issue.
I was playing Boss Tower for the faction and went against a boss Scorpion (literally).
Can you guys please test and confirm this for me?
Can Scorpion punish Shinnok after blocking d4 > db2?
I thought Shinnok thrived off of successful blockstrings with db2. I'm pretty salty over the fact that Scorpion can punish Shinnok for free, after blocking.

Ojpaxton

Noob
Hey Shinnok fam, I got an issue.
I was playing Boss Tower for the faction and went against a boss Scorpion (literally).
Can you guys please test and confirm this for me?
Can Scorpion punish Shinnok after blocking d4 > db2?
I thought Shinnok thrived off of successful blockstrings with db2. I'm pretty salty over the fact that Scorpion can punish Shinnok for free, after blocking.
DB 2 is punishable by almost the whole cast, even if all 3 sparks connect it's bull shit and I believe is the only buff shinnok needs as of now.

True Grave

Just in case yall didn't see, this is a thing.

Turns out we do get something out of 312xxshoulder from midscreen. Damage isn't great, but its something.
Apparently the computer did this to a friend of mine, but couldn't land it. Now I know.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
312 still seems to be more of a block string than a combo string at this point, though that is better than nothing.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
Mm cool. Weird how that move start as a mid when it looks like a low starter lol
i know if you look at it it would be the best mixup kombo he could have as it liook like it should be low, ovehead, mid instead of mid mid mid...it's smoke all over again -_-'''

Youphemism

Goddamnit they must have implemented something that doesn't allow you to start a combo with the ground pound and end it with a Mimicry :(