• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elder God

Power!
MKX, Family edition lol.
But I believe is a big chance this final roster be right.
The third boot is Liu Kang, obvius, Jax on the tower and a lot of Sonya images was show off.
Maybe Sonya and Jhonny are wasting of slots and Kenshi too, and Jhonny is the Raiden/Earth champion now.
I hope Shinnok and Liu playable chars at least.
NRS add more request chars pls, make the fans happy, Fujin and Tremor is the most requested chars.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Looking at the roster and the disparity of factions.

Kotal should have gotten his own faction to support.

Though 6 may have been too much, and I don't know who you remove, BD and LK only have 1 member each, but I'm sure a lot of people are going to want to be LK.

Dark

Noob
Hey, aren't we forgetting that Shang Tsung was "leaked" by that Gamestop video?
Firstly, it was confirmed that gamestop doesn't even know the final roster by NRS.

Secondly this leak is NOT LEGIT, even if this is the final roster, the leak is NOT LEGIT. These characters aren't exactly difficult to guess. There's literally no reason to believe any of this. It has no source.

And now remember Boons picture...

1. Quan Chi
2. Sonya/Johnny/Kenshi?
3. Liu Kang?
4. Kitana
5. Jax?
6. Kung Jin
The only one I'm not sure about on the boot list now is number 2, but I'm guessing its Johnny.

As for boot 3 its a safe bet its Liu Kang, notice the rip in the cloth of his footwear, that's a big clue to the status of his character, either he is neutral, or full on corrupted.. Man I'm gonna be so hype if his face is permanately disfigured by Raidens blast....the hatred will be real!

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
The only one I'm not sure about on the boot list now is number 2, but I'm guessing its Johnny.

As for boot 3 its a safe bet its Liu Kang, notice the rip in the cloth of his footwear, that's a big clue to the status of his character, either he is neutral, or full on corrupted.. Man I'm gonna be so hype if his face is permanately disfigured by Raidens blast....the hatred will be real!
Boot #2 is most likely Erron Black.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I feel MKX has a big opportunity to reinvigorate the series by incorporating older characters who've had less time to shine than some of these other characters mentioned.

Characters like Mavado, Reiko, and Fujin would fit a lot better in this game. I mean seriously.. Cassie, Jacqui, takeda, kung Jin, johnny, jax, and Sonya. Good lord that's a lot of special forces members.. needs to be more variety.

With the variety that NRS has in the game now, it would break my heart if they go in the wrong direction by adding more MK9 characters, rather than adding older characters we all want to see and play as again

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Surprised so many people deny that Cage, Sonya, Jax and Kenshi are in.

We've seen Sonya in the faction screen, Jax in the towers, Kenshis mocap and Cage has a new look as in the story trailer. not to mention, they all have big story parts to play against Shinnok. We know Kenshi redeems Scorpion, Cage is Raiden's champion as per Kotal, Sonya has to be around to fight Shinnok and fall out with Cassie and JC, and if raising people from the dead is just a way to keep the less popular (Jade, Nightwolf etc ) dead and the more popular get revived, then it was obviously going to be Kung Kitana and Jax.

With that said, I think this roster is just an educated guess, with KJ being the archer the only actual guess.

I expected the special forces family picnic but for me the question is will the roster be more than 25+goro. even a couple more, say Rain and Reiko or Baraka, would make the world of difference. I must admit that if we do get the 'leaked' roster as is, I'll be pretty disappointed. It seems such a bland roster, with no real surprise inclusions, no Fujin or Havik or Reiko etc.

It puts a huge emphasis on DLC to liven the roster up, if NRS has taken a more cowardly route with the release roster, all we can hope is that the DLC will take some risks and bring in the likes of Rain and Fujin. Otherwise, the best MK in history will have a pretty boring roster dragging down the presentation, content and gameplay

MCPeePants

Bout it
Johnny, Sonya, and Jax being in it with Cassie and Jacqui strike me as lame as shit.

Characters with much more unique spins, such as Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Drahmin, Moloch, and Reiko, just needed a redesign to really blow this shit out the water. Yet we're gonna get more Spec Ops bullshit. I've all but resigned in the fact Sonya AND Johnny are in it.

coolwhip

Noob
The redundancy of having Johnny Cage, Jax and Sonya is enough to deconfirm that for me. If it turns out to be real, shame on Netherrealm for taking the easy way out on the Roster.
What's "an easy way out" with the roster? Having popular characters on it? It seems like many people just want to be hipsters for the sake of doing so around here. These are extremely popular characters, two of them are originals while the other is well...the black guy.

Would Goro being playable constitute "an easy way out"? How about all the new characters? Is that an easy way out? I mean by the above logic having Scorpion and Sub Zero on the roster is an easy way out.

People just won't be happy unless they get exactly who they want. Also, keep in mind, if this roster is indeed true, then Johnny Cage, Sonya and Jax play an important role in the story, and are more than likely needed to give Jacqui and Cassie more character development and background so that people accept them easier. Imagine how much people would be pissed if Cage, Sonya and co were a major part of the story but weren't playable.

Last edited:
Just doesnt sit right with me. JC, Sonya, Jax and Kenshi + there kids in w/o other fan favorites. No Lin Kuei robots, no other ninjas, kabal etc..NRS couldnt possible be this dumb..I havent seen this many ppl this disappointed in a character roster if this list is indeed fact..I would be disappointed..Still it buy doe lol..

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Special Forces might take up 7-8 of the slots on release lol. Shouldn't go down like that. If anything let one of three in Jax/Sonya/Johnny be playable, and the other two DLC or something.

Wouldn't like the entire old generation taking up slots with the new generation in the game. So many other more unique characters or another brand new character could get that spot instead. That's probably what we're getting though.

I seriously doubt that Cage, Sonya, Jax or Kenshi are going to be playable characters. It kind of defeats the purpose of having their offsprings in the game. NRS is not foolish enough to do that.

coolwhip

Noob
I love how some people still think there isnt going to be Sonya and Johnny in the game.

There are enough hints to to make them a safe bet and also
WITH WHICH CHARACTERS ARE WE GOING TO PLAY THE NETHERREALM WAR ERA? RAIDEN ONLY LOL?

Sonya and Johnny are in guys. If the final roster is really 24 this roster is really really likely to be it.

Also MKX is PASSING THE TORCH not the next generation only.
This.

I hate acting like I know what I'm talking about while speculating because that's a contradiction. But logic dictates that if someone's son/daughter is in the game, then the parents are, at the very least, going to make an appearance in the story mode. NRS is not just going to hit you with Cassie and go: This is Cage/Sonya's daughter, care about her! Her parents are going to be featured in some way. Given how popular her parents are, it would be a huge tease for them to be featured in the story but not be playable.

I could be wrong of course, but people being outraged about this baffles me.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I seriously doubt that Cage, Sonya, Jax or Kenshi are going to be playable characters. It kind of defeats the purpose of having their offsprings in the game. NRS is not foolish enough to do that.
The game starts off right after MK9. If they aren't in the game who do you use for the first couple of chapters fighting in the Netherrealm War? Raiden and who else?

Sonya and Johnny are at least in.

The game starts off right after MK9. If they aren't in the game who do you use for the first couple of chapters fighting in the Netherrealm War? Raiden and who else?

Sonya and Johnny are at least in.
Why would they add Cassie Cage, and give her two different variations based off her parents, just to put them back in? Doesnt that seem a little redundant to you? Johnny and Sonya will definitely be in the story, but I seriously doubt as non-DLC playable characters.

Why would they add Cassie Cage, and give her two different variations based off her parents, just to put them back in? Doesnt that seem a little redundant to you? Johnny and Sonya will definitely be in the story, but I seriously doubt as non-DLC playable characters.
I agree..NRS trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone..Make a female character. To take out Sonya Blade..Give the character some Johnny Cage moves and little bit of green energy and his personality..Put female character into military like Sonya Blade..No need for JC or Sonya, just in the story.

And it not outrage, that is too much lol..Just would be disappointing..And I am pretty sure this leak roster list is coming from that jammesmk guy..But
http://imgur.com/a4Mu0vZ It pretty easy to trick that guy too to make em stumble over himself..So who really knows..Someone hire some dam Lin Kuei spies to break into NRS..

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
I hope this is fake, l won't stand 2 Jaxs in one game, plus they need to understand that there are 3d characters that are awesome.