What's new

Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im thinking now, what we thought was Jax is actually Takeda. Metal arms could just be gauntlets. Face seems of Asian descent and no beard, like Jax has.
From what we've seen, Takeda's wearing a full body futuristic-looking ninja suit. I honestly was leaning towards Reiko.

Dark

Noob
"I AM NOT A GOD OF MY WORD REPTILE"

Watch out, he's probably lying. :DOGE
You're just mad it isn't Fujin :REO

Really though, again, I don't know anything for certain. I could have been lied to for all I know. I just know I've been told there were two major leaks. The first a few months ago contained a partial roster and I don't know what else, the new one had the images and apparently the source of the leak said rain had variations.

SenSx

Noob
Ok this is just a summary of what those guys are saying on their twitter, I have found on UMKU.

On the final roster number:

"I think its 24, but that could change. We'll have to wait and see"

On Rain

Who said Rain isn't in the game LOL he is in the game, not just in story, but playable too

"I knew he would be in MKX, he most likely will be playable."

"most likely will be, if not from the get go then as DLC."

"You'll be the first to know. I will also be posting news, etc on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC..."

"Rain is making a comeback and has cool costumes and variations"

"And if he doesn't make it, then I should apologise haha. But I doubt that's the case. I love Rain too" (notice how he says he's in, claims to know what his costumes and variations are, then shows doubt in his own knowledge, but it's ok guys, he'll give you a sorry if he is wrong...)

On Rain possibly being DLC:

"Ed Boon is also Ed Boon, you know, the one who loves to troll people and shit LOL"

"And I also mentioned a week ago that Rain was going to appear in MKX and bam he showed up in the story. So just keep an eye out." (how reassuring, he predicted Rain's inclusion after he showed up in the comics...)

On Liu Kang, again:

"Apparently if you watch the story trailer and listen towards the end of the video you'll hear Liu Kang's voice. Not sure yet."

On Baraka:

"I'm not sure though, maybe as DLC bcoz list is almost full" (another he doesn't know)

On Tremor:

"He'll most likely be in the game"

On Fujin:

"Probable"

Does it sound legit to you ?
They must be proud of the mess they are making on the forum with all those lies...

You're just mad it isn't Fujin :REO

Really though, again, I don't know anything for certain. I could have been lied to for all I know. I just know I've been told there were two major leaks. The first a few months ago contained a roster and I don't know what else, the new one had the images and apparently the source of the leak said rain had variations.
Yeah I get you, I was just messin around with that Shinnok quote lol.

I'm really curious to find out how they got ahold of this info and those screens. Who the fuck are these guys anyway?

MK Led

Umbasa
In terms of Cassie being similar to Johnny or Sonya in how she plays, really the only thing she has from Johnny is the nut punch, and some glowy effects on her moves. On the other hand, her and Sonya both have an air grab, two command grabs (one is more less the same animation), a cartwheel (Lbh, even if it is the opposite direction to sonyas, it's a very similar move) and a loopy kick (ok this one is only similar in concept).

Gameplay-wise I think JC and Jax would be fine for the mkx roster, but Sonya just seems too similar to Cassie to be a good pick, if she is in I hope NRS at least changed her up a bit.

Dark

Noob
Them being wrong about a lot of the stuff above doesn't make too big a difference. They don't know everything or even a lot about the game. They aren't the leakers themselves, they managed to get some information and images from the one who did apparently.

He's wrong about Liu Kang's voice at the end of the trailer, I'm almost 100% sure that was Sub-Zero.

Unless he doesn't mean that line but something else entirely. I'm just gonna wait until the fucking game comes out to figure out all of this shit. Way too confusing right now
Yeah.. I really wanted to avoid leaks and such before launch, but I didn't expect the entire roster to be leaked/obvious this early on, and I feel like I need to know whether Rain is in or not now, so I'm not too disappointed if he isn't in the game when I put it in my console.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
He's wrong about Liu Kang's voice at the end of the trailer, I'm almost 100% sure that was Sub-Zero.

Unless he doesn't mean that line but something else entirely. I'm just gonna wait until the fucking game comes out to figure out all of this shit. Way too confusing right now
I agree

Plop

Noob
What were the leaks that everyone's talkingn about? I think j missed it. I remember hearing people talk about James's leaks but never heard what they were

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
In terms of Cassie being similar to Johnny or Sonya in how she plays, really the only thing she has from Johnny is the nut punch, and some glowy effects on her moves. On the other hand, her and Sonya both have an air grab, two command grabs (one is more less the same animation), a cartwheel (Lbh, even if it is the opposite direction to sonyas, it's a very similar move) and a loopy kick (ok this one is only similar in concept).

Gameplay-wise I think JC and Jax would be fine for the mkx roster, but Sonya just seems too similar to Cassie to be a good pick, if she is in I hope NRS at least changed her up a bit.
Cassie has versions of Sonya's MK9 moves, but there is no reason that MKX Sonya can't have a very different moveset compared to her old one.

Jordy

Noob
the fact we've seen JC sonya and jax dont konfirm anything. its just a story cutscene, like sindel who is not playable