What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

Dang it's too bad I don't play online very often. Trust me with this, I test stuff before I confirm it :)
I've been looking for a use for f2 and so far all I came up with was a full screen force ball and dash into f2 ex dash to start some pressure. It's cool that he gets it for free off a d4... but I swear online noobs just jump out of shit like that. I'll give it a go offline next time I hit my local and see what's up with this business.

Seapeople

This one's for you
My forward throw idea definitely didn't work lol. It was just a hunch though.

I double checked the d4 stuff...f2 is guaranteed after a max range d4, but you have to take a small step forward first. A point blank d4 gives enough advantage for another d4. But a point blank d4 causes so much pushback that 3 will always whiff unless you're in the corner.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
What would you guys consider his nightmare MU's? Not even, or kinda bad, just outright frustrating.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
all his bad matchups arent THAT bad....4-6 is the worst his matches get. reptile just has so many tools at his disposal.

Axel_Redd

cyrax isnt too bad, the advantage he has against u is pretty much only at a distance where he can catch you with his net and bombs, its all about timing your dashes correctly and knowing the blast radius of his bombs. Once ur in and u can start your setups and forceball pressures ur good

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Cyrax is a good deal worse than that Axel. Outside of 3/4 to full screen, zoning Cyrax is a bad idea, and there are a lot of times where bombs will hit you out of dash's hit animation. Also, Cyrax can reliably deal with forceball setups, and can even purposely make Reptile's only armor move 100% useless.

Also, sweep range net > Reptile.

Axel_Redd

Cyrax is a good deal worse than that Axel. Outside of 3/4 to full screen, zoning Cyrax is a bad idea, and there are a lot of times where bombs will hit you out of dash's hit animation. Also, Cyrax can reliably deal with forceball setups, and can even purposely make Reptile's only armor move 100% useless.

Also, sweep range net > Reptile.
i know that, but its still not a 3-7 for reptile...even tho his net as u said at sweep range is a big problem for reptile, because of how good reptiles footsies are, cyrax has to take a guess to pull it off. 4-6 reptile. i'd still say tho, that Cyrax and skarlet are probably his most troublesome matchups.

THTB

i know that, but its still not a 3-7 for reptile...even tho his net as u said at sweep range is a big problem for reptile, because of how good reptiles footsies are, cyrax has to take a guess to pull it off. 4-6 reptile. i'd still say tho, that Cyrax and skarlet are probably his most troublesome matchups.
At just outside of sweep range, Cyrax completely outdoes Reptile in footsies due to net. There is a specific range not far from that range where net is even unpunishable by Reptile. Reptile has to dash at that range to keep Cyrax from gaining control...vs Cyrax the risk isn't even close to rewarding. 11% vs 76%.

It's a really dumb matchup.

Skarlet isn't that bad, I learned. Skarlet owns Reptile if he is at all in range of iaCD. Just outside, though, Reptile can spit attempts to iaCD or u3 xx iaCD. I'm not entirely sure, but frame advantage suggests that Reptile could possibly punish teleport ON HIT. If that's the case, there's not much reason to doing it, and forceball opens right back up as an option, which was originally thought to be not as good here anymore.

Axel_Redd

what is the specific range of the net? just outside sweep range? i gotta learn the cyrax matchup better then. i still say its 4-6 tho...3-7 is Kenshi vs Kitana territory...and i just can't see it as being THAT bad. maaaybe a 3.5-6.5 at worst.

THTB

what is the specific range of the net? just outside sweep range? i gotta learn the cyrax matchup better then. i still say its 4-6 tho...3-7 is Kenshi vs Kitana territory...and i just can't see it as being THAT bad. maaaybe a 3.5-6.5 at worst.
A little closer than jump range is where that is true. About match start range.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I just noticed today that if ex spit trades with projectiles at the right time, the opponent's projectile will knock you out of your recovery very fast so you'll be left at big advantage rather than -6. I could definitely see this coming in handy

Axel_Redd

I just noticed today that if ex spit trades with projectiles at the right time, the opponent's projectile will knock you out of your recovery very fast so you'll be left at big advantage rather than -6. I could definitely see this coming in handy
i've known about that for a while