What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Any tips to nail his BnB? (321 dash into NJP, 32, slow ball, 32, fast ball, 321 into invisibility) I usually hit 1 and 2 after eachother (piano style). But it'll occasionaly whiff. (which can cost you)
)
The method I use for NJP combo is to piano the punch buttons twice. I can't really explain when I do this because it is pretty natural for me now. If you do it and Reptile punches but doesn't jump, then you pressed them too early. If you do it and Reptile jumps but misses or doesn't punch then you did it too late.

Quick question...how do you guys do the elbow dash so fast while the opponent is on the ground ? some tips some be nice, since reptile is my secondary.Thanks in advance
You basically just elbow dash towards them twice and then back once. The first time you elbow dash you will be next to them, then you repeat it and you go past them and then the third time you will be next to them again. There's not trick to it iirc. You just have to input the corect directions.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Not sure if it's been asked yet, but does Reptile have armor throughout all of EN Acid Hand and EN Slide? Like from the very 1st frame onwards?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
EX acid hand has projectile immunity until after active frames, I believe.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
EX acid hand has projectile immunity until after active frames, I believe.
QFT

As for the CEO 2011 video that triple dash is a little more strict now since Reptile has a slight recovery when landing a dash. So now it most likely will be blown up by a wakeup attack where as it originally built meter and crossed your opponent up.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
So is the triple dash too strict to be practical? I've never pulled it off, but I'd love too. I don't know if doing it twice would be a "mixup" but it might throw your opponent off.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So is the triple dash too strict to be practical? I've never pulled it off, but I'd love too. I don't know if doing it twice would be a "mixup" but it might throw your opponent off.
Oh no It's totally viable, just don't use it too much because it's not too hard to react against when they know it's coming. :)

Not sure if it's been asked yet, but does Reptile have armor throughout all of EN Acid Hand and EN Slide? Like from the very 1st frame onwards?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Ex is safe. But I do notice randomly when I'm doing a d4 or acid hand or something reptiles hit hicks is wonky and will cause a regular teleport to whiff.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ex is safe. But I do notice randomly when I'm doing a d4 or acid hand or something reptiles hit hicks is wonky and will cause a regular teleport to whiff.

You can do that consistently you just need to time it right.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I sometimes do a double dash followed by an ex dash for a safer set up

McNasty

Moist.
are any of you guys good at making/editing videos? Id like a repeating clip of reptiles win pose where he does a little dance set to the r3jectz-cat daddy or the my pony song or hell anything stupid.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

Seapeople

This one's for you
Does ex acid hand still have armor vs projectiles? Could that make it useful against stuff like d1~smoke bomb, jade's ex rang set ups, etc?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I noticed that when I enhance Reppy-T's slide, the second part of it sometimes whiffs. Any paticular reason why?

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
I noticed that when I enhance Reppy-T's slide, the second part of it sometimes whiffs. Any paticular reason why?
I never heard anyone else call him Reppy T before. Awesome.
And yes this happens against Cyrax more than anyone else. Wutdadeelio?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It's just the crazy hitboxes that characters have after certain moves. Mattman is right, if Cyrax throws out a bomb (I believe a net too) at any point and you ex slide, the second hits will whiff. If you hit someone out of the air with it at the wrong time it will whiff as well. Those are the examples I can think of off the top of my head.

RapZiLLa54

It's just the crazy hitboxes that characters have after certain moves. Mattman is right, if Cyrax throws out a bomb (I believe a net too) at any point and you ex slide, the second hits will whiff. If you hit someone out of the air with it at the wrong time it will whiff as well. Those are the examples I can think of off the top of my head.
Its just a bomb, not the net. Also if its CYBLAX enhanced slide will always connect.

RapZiLLa54

Yeah I don't know man, Cyrax is just one of those characters that gives me problems. I just always manage to make that one mistake and with Cyrax thats all he needs. Cyrax player knocked me out at On the Edge 2 this weekend. Took 13th. Showtime is the man btw

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Thnx rapzilla your a great dude nd awesome reltile. Me nd you holding it down for the reptiles at on the edge yesterday

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I never heard anyone else call him Reppy T before. Awesome.
And yes this happens against Cyrax more than anyone else. Wutdadeelio?
Thanks guys, funny thing is it was against Cyrax. I'd trry EX Slide to try and finish a round/match. I'd wait for him to throw the net and armor through it. Seen what happened, said "HE NEEDS IT!", then came to this thread.

I know I had a question, I just know I did....

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Any combos that can be landed after an EX Acid Hand? Alot of people expect slide after 321 at the beginning of the match. I'd like to try and capitalize damage. Especially since its in the beginning of the match.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Might have been said on this thread already (but its 20 pages long lol), How do you get out of the corner against a decent Sub? & is the best way to fight Smoke, just to get a life lead & wait on a mistake?

Havin trouble with those 2.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Any combos that can be landed after an EX Acid Hand? Alot of people expect slide after 321 at the beginning of the match. I'd like to try and capitalize damage. Especially since its in the beginning of the match.
people expect slide after a 321?? since when lol.. on a serious note i believe most people expect acid hand after 321. i raaaarely eeeevvver use ex acid hand but if you want to combo off of it you can elbowdash after to njp 32 ffb sfb 321 slide or you can just dash in for 32 ffb 32 sfb 321slide..

i dont really recommend doing ex acid hang but hey to each their own

You can normal dash over twice then 32 fast ball slow Ball 321 slide for 27%

Or dash over twice 32 fsstball 32(strict timing) slowball 321 slide for 29%
Oops beat me to it.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
people expect slide after a 321??
No. Although it can be fuzzy guarded, a lot of times people just stand block since slide in theory is a terrible idea since it is so punishable. I like to throw it out at least once per set.