What's new

General/Other - Deceptive Reptile Patch Video Review & Why Deceptive is his Best Variation

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
With this buff I think reptile sits almost exactly where he was in the tier list for mk9. Maybe even a lifttttle better

So Reptile just got a ton of very noticable buffs for us reptile mains. Below is a video that goes over some of said buffs.

In a nutshell Deceptives damage output is finally on par with nimble and noxious and has a much higher chance of landing big damage due to the en invis buff. He has 101 ways to land his damage which gives deceptive superior combo potential. In deceptive he has access to an unseeable 50/50 that leads to great damage off of a blocked standing 4.

Across all variations he now has a new 50/50 in the corner that uses his enhanced slide

He has easier and more consistent forceball combos which now work on females just as well.

His spit is viable in trade wars and combos

His meter building is better due to safe claw

Double slide combos are now easier to do due to the slightly floatier reaction to normal slide.

WE MADE IT

@RapZiLLa54
@AoK Ryan
@Milkman
@Herrm
@THTB
@RM Cossner
@Vigilante24
@Jeffrey Wolf
Lol damn why wasn't I tagged

JDM

Noob
Reptile might be top 5 now damn.

I think some of this stuff may get nerfs tbh, especially with KP2's announcement. It's okay though I'll enjoy it while it lasts :D

Holy shit how could i forget you. Fixed, your name is now etched in reptile history
Hahahah I just wish I would've seen this post sooner! Good stuff man :) Lol @Milkman ofraudyan gettin bodied on TYM. I'm going to do a stream soon mentioning you guys, some of the stuff that has been found, and some of my own tech!

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Thanks for the tag! Deceptive was always his most viable variation, imo, but now? Lol, definitely. Having a safe low hitting combo extender anywhere on screen is just huge. Had no idea about the new EN Slide combos in the corner though. I'll be stealing that =)

When is the next time someone plans to be on a streamed tournament with him?

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Omg, you can freeze the Forceball so much sooner now, and with the Dash changes it's so much more legit.

This patch is great, and not just for Reptile. I can't wait for the next tournament to see all the new characters/variations that are going to start popping up now.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Hahahah I just wish I would've seen this post sooner! Good stuff man :) Lol @Milkman ofraudyan gettin bodied on TYM. I'm going to do a stream soon mentioning you guys, some of the stuff that has been found, and some of my own tech!
Don't worry, I got no tag bodied as well. Be sure to tag me before your stream goes live/publish your findings!

Thanks for the tag! Deceptive was always his most viable variation, imo, but now? Lol, definitely. Having a safe low hitting combo extender anywhere on screen is just huge. Had no idea about the new EN Slide combos in the corner though. I'll be stealing that =)

When is the next time someone plans to be on a streamed tournament with him?
I'm going to a local this weekend that'll be streamed! @Xev will also be there but Idk if he's using deceptive or not lol

Xev

Noob
I'm going to a local this weekend that'll be streamed! @Xev will also be there but Idk if he's using deceptive or not lol
After the patch I'm not even 100% sure what character I want to use! Too many options post patch, guess I should buckle down. (and probably stop playing so much phantom pain)