What's new

General/Other - Deceptive Reptile Patch Video Review & Why Deceptive is his Best Variation

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
So Reptile just got a ton of very noticable buffs for us reptile mains. Below is a video that goes over some of said buffs.

In a nutshell Deceptives damage output is finally on par with nimble and noxious and has a much higher chance of landing big damage due to the en invis buff. He has 101 ways to land his damage which gives deceptive superior combo potential. In deceptive he has access to an unseeable 50/50 that leads to great damage off of a blocked standing 4.

Across all variations he now has a new 50/50 in the corner that uses his enhanced slide. He has easier and more consistent forceball combos which now work on females just as well. His spit is viable in trade wars and combos. His meter building is better due to safe claw. Double slide combos are now easier to do due to the slightly floatier reaction to normal slide.

WE MADE IT

@RapZiLLa54
@AoK Ryan
@Milkman
@Herrm
@THTB
@RM Cossner
@Vigilante24
@Jeffrey Wolf
@OFIDYAN

Attachments

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I Just love that F21 can be MB Invis'd for a F4...

Still can't get his knockdown game sorted though, I wish you get knock the opponent down better and start an force ball...

hey josh.

so reptile has a bug where he cant MB his f21 throw if he uses ex dd3 during a combo.

couple of examples:

a) f41~ex dd3, f21 throw

b) f41~ex dd3, f412~dash, 21, f21 throw

c) ex slowball, j2, 4~ex dd3, f21 throw

@colt

@G4S J360 good job with your findings, and hopefully this gets fixed soon. just to add one more thing, reptile can also combo off his floating ball:

ex slowball, j2, f41~dd block, f41~bf2, sb impact, njp, ender.

dont know if he's always had this, but it was new to me.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
hey josh.

so reptile has a bug where he cant MB his f21 throw if he uses ex dd3 during a combo.

couple of examples:

a) f41~ex dd3, f21 throw

b) f41~ex dd3, f412~dash, 21, f21 throw

c) ex slowball, j2, 4~ex dd3, f21 throw

@colt

@G4S J360 good job with your findings, and hopefully this gets fixed soon. just to add one more thing, reptile can also combo off his floating ball:

ex slowball, j2, f41~dd block, f41~bf2, sb impact, njp, ender.

dont know if he's always had this, but it was new to me.
Thanks bro. Classy informed me of this yesterday.

That floating ball cancel is definitely something he didn't have before. Great find!! time to lab it up.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I Just love that F21 can be MB Invis'd for a F4...

Still can't get his knockdown game sorted though, I wish you get knock the opponent down better and start an force ball...
Now that his forceball recovers faster i think his knockdown game will consist of getting a knockdown and putting some projectiles on screen.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How's the aa laser buff? Haven't been able to try it out. Cybernetic was the only variation that I was interested anyways
It's "ok". I wish it was more like HQT's but it is usable now if you make a read on a heavy jump in. Since it takes an EX to combo it'll be more MU dependent than anything. Like against Reptile B1 would always be the go to, but against Kung Jin it works better because it will blow up his Ji2. Has decent range to, but yea it's more of a read tool than on reaction like I hoped. Renders regular Upball obsolete.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's "ok". I wish it was more like HQT's but it is usable now if you make a read on a heavy jump in. Since it takes an EX to combo it'll be more MU dependent than anything. Like against Reptile B1 would always be the go to, but against Kung Jin it works better because it will blow up his Ji2. Has decent range to, but yea it's more of a read tool than on reaction like I hoped. Renders regular Upball obsolete.
I'm def going to main reptile and keep cyber and hqt as secondaries