What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
no but its cool though cause elbow dash.
;)
srslytho, when it comes to getting out of anybody's rushdown, its always a guess. Jax just seems like an easier time cause his rushdown is actually limited by our smaller hitbox.
It's not limited, he loses one option. Everything else is in tact. In this MU in particular the GP mixups are what kill Reptile. As I've mentioned before, you have very few options when Jax gets the knockdown, and they are all risky.

It's not limited, he loses one option. Everything else is in tact. In this MU in particular the GP mixups are what kill Reptile. As I've mentioned before, you have very few options when Jax gets the knockdown, and they are all risky.
Idk, his gp mixups just don't seem all that much of a threat, even with his knock downs.
But again, I'm no expert lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Or a GP...
I get both points though.

THTB doesn't fear it as much... because it is a very... unique situation. There is no way Jax is going to hit GP's successfully without getting dashed to death in open space.

However, if he does... then its a grinder for Reptile. Seems fair to me honestly.

BTW... invis is a wakeup attack and I'm pretty sure it absorbs GP.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I get both points though.

THTB doesn't fear it as much... because it is a very... unique situation. There is no way Jax is going to hit GP's successfully without getting dashed to death in open space.

However, if he does... then its a grinder for Reptile. Seems fair to me honestly.

BTW... invis is a wakeup attack and I'm pretty sure it absorbs GP.
Ex invis might, normal not so much.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok so this is what I think Reptile's MU chart looks like:

Sheeva: 7-3
Baraka: 7-3
Stryker: 7-3
Cyber Sub: 6-4
Ermac: 6-4
Jade: 6-4
Raiden: 6-4
Sindel: 6-4
Kano: 6-4
Scorpion: 5-5
Jax: 5-5
Kitana: 5-5
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob: 5-5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5
Mileena: 5-5 (I know this MU like the back of my hand, and I truly have no issues with any Mileena's except Sonic Fox and Pig)
Sektor: 5-5
Smoke: 5-5
Cage: 4-6 (I hate this MU more and more every day)
Freddy: 4-6 (I finally came to my senses on this one)
Kabal: 4-6
Kenshi: 4-6
Liu Kang: 4-6
Skarlet: 4-6
Kung Lao: 3-7
Cyrax: 3-7
Sonya: 3-7

Joker8417
It's a good list, but I'm thinking smoke could be a 5-5. Reptile shuts down his runaway thanks to dash, shuts down his smoke ball with dash. We can't zone but I feel like the main objective is to get in that ass anyway.
What's your opinion?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Joker8417
It's a good list, but I'm thinking smoke could be a 5-5. Reptile shuts down his runaway thanks to dash, shuts down his smoke ball with dash. We can't zone but I feel like the main objective is to get in that ass anyway.
What's your opinion?
Oh I meant to make that 5-5 my b, fixing it.

Edit: I got lazy and copy and pasted Wonder Chef's then doctored it to what I thought it should be lol.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
that list is very reasonable

actually for my list and your list I'm starting to think a really good baraka wouldn't be 7-3 at all

baraka is fucking sick, I was figuring him out fully last night, and I think the barakas that I've played Rep against just weren't using him well enough

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Killin Natzees However I disagree with you on the general strategy of how to play the character, I feel like it is way more of a bait and punish game. Throw out ex fb's, and full screen sfb's to try to get him to shake and dash punish. If he throws out smoke bomb he won't be able to combo because of the fb anyways so there isn't much risk.

Also, i know lao is bad, but i don't think it's Sonya bad.
I think it could be a 6-4 lao? Then again i haven't played a bird lao, but i have plenty offline experience with the match up

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

actually for my list and your list I'm starting to think a really good baraka wouldn't be 7-3 at all

baraka is fucking sick, I was figuring him out fully last night, and I think the barakas that I've played Rep against just weren't using him well enough
The only Baraka that I have played that made me feel like this MU wasn't that bad is Tetraspirit, his Baraka is godlike.

Killin Natzees However I disagree with you on the general strategy of how to play the character, I feel like it is way more of a bait and punish game. Throw out ex fb's, and full screen sfb's to try to get him to shake and dash punish. If he throws out smoke bomb he won't be able to combo because of the fb anyways so there isn't much risk.
Man i always eat a teleport when i throw the fb's out lol. That's generally why i try to stay in, but i do see why you should okay it like that. Depends on the smoke i guess

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Also, i know lao is bad, but i don't think it's Sonya bad.
I think it could be a 6-4 lao? Then again i haven't played a bird lao, but i have plenty offline experience with the match up
Dude I would rather play every Sonya in the world than a single GOOD Lao player. Reptile practically has zero options against him. Fb's don't work, dashes are super super risky, D4 only gets you so far, and random spin destroys him.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Killin Natzees I should've been more specific I meant on knockdown, because you know Smoke is just going to tele away and do his thing, random fb's work too though but only if done sparingly. Staying in on Smoke is bad, his footsies are just better and if he hits you he kills you, you are risking way too much here, I generally try to stay in sweep to jump range.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah I would also way rather fight Sonya than Lao.

I'm starting to realize just how insanely good lao is in this game.
Dude Lao is the only top 5 character in the game that isn't busted and is actually JUST A FUCKING AWESOME CHARACTER! You could make a case for Freddy, but some wouldn't even put him in top 5 anyway.

Dude I would rather play every Sonya in the world than a single GOOD Lao player. Reptile practically has zero options against him. Fb's don't work, dashes are super super risky, D4 only gets you so far, and random spin destroys him.
I honestly never use forceballs in this, spit is kinda primary for me, but dash can avoid every tele, blocked spin gets actual damage compared to Sonya, dive kick doesn't cost 37% if it lands either lol.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

I don't feel like I have enough MU experience to really comment on the numbers.

seems legit.
I think Reptile beats SZ 6-4 though. No one does this... but you can dash 212. I don't know any other character outside of KL that gets a meterless double digit punish. I always feel so handcuffed when I play SZ against him. Low hitbox and 212 being pretty shitty.... means lots of just 21 and 214 clone along with 224 clone.