What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
You have not played enough of WoundCowboy then. He has convinced me this MU is completely even. Also, he has a couple more 4-6's. Reptile players will forever just not know how to play Mileena. The ONLY ONE I GET BEAT BY EVER IS PIG. Every other Mileena is risky ass 50/50's and gimmicks. That MU is even.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, I totally agree. Reptile gives Shang problems at a distance (although SS helps make this better) and Rep gets wrecked up close.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
It does like 17% lol...there is zero fear other than the pressure. It's not shutting Reptile down from ever wanting to put out a forceball. 17% is a good chunk, but that's not a very huge deterrent.

Again, Jax may have the options that punish Reptile, but these punishes suck, damage-wise. That is a BIG issue, when you factor in what these punishes are for. There's more to it than just being able to do it...damage plays a big role in it. Jax simply doesn't put any fear into Reptile for fucking up unless Reptile is in the corner.

Meanwhile, Reptile's options to punish Jax aren't so weak.
I don't understand, unless he does his F4 string all you are getting is 11% and positioning, which you find dangerous, but EN Dash Punch is 17% and positioning, but that isn't dangerous? I really don't understand why this has become an argument about why you should fear EN Dash Punch... it literally makes no sense to me.

And the only thing that Reptile punishes of jax for any amount of damage is F41 string, which they don't have to use.

And fucking up against Jax is terrifying because his pressure is so damn good. Even if he doesn't deal that much on a punish, he gets pressure options, including meaty GP mixups which are REALLY good against Reptile.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Pig and SonicFox are probably the only Mileena players that would give a Reptile that knows the matchup any sort of problems.
Agreed, aand even offline sonic fox has trouble punishing dash, so until he does I abuse it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I'll change Kano and Sheeva

7-3

Baraka: 7-3
Sheeva: 7-3
Stryker: 7-3

6-4

Cyber Sub: 6-4
Ermac: 6-4
Jade: 6-4
Kano: 6-4
Raiden: 6-4
Sindel: 6-4

5-5

Jax: 5-5
Kitana: 5-5
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob: 5-5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Scorpion: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5

4-6

Cage: 4-6
Freddy: 4-6
Kabal: 4-6
Kenshi: 4-6
Liu Kang: 4-6
Mileena: 4-6
Sektor: 4-6
Skarlet: 4-6
Smoke: 4-6

Just give up

Cyrax: 3-7
Kung Lao: 3-7
Sonya: 3-7

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't understand, unless he does his F4 string all you are getting is 11% and positioning, which you find dangerous, but EN Dash Punch is 17% and positioning, but that isn't dangerous? I really don't understand why this has become an argument about why you should fear EN Dash Punch... it literally makes no sense to me.

And the only thing that Reptile punishes of jax for any amount of damage is F41 string, which they don't have to use.

And fucking up against Jax is terrifying because his pressure is so damn good. Even if he doesn't deal that much on a punish, he gets pressure options, including meaty GP mixups which are REALLY good against Reptile.
I use d4 ffb on dash punches like a bause.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Also, I'm starting to use ex elbow more like cyrax players use ex ragdoll. If you don't finish with slide, you get a free forceball.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Because EX dash punch is a bar to use in the first place! Lol, Reptile is already not that far behind without even investing anything but the risk for taking some damage.

That's where the problem is. Jax's EX dash punch isn't always going to be there, and meter is Jax's only actual source of damage. Reptile dash is ALWAYS going to be a threat wherever it is a threat. Not only that, it can be baited out for decent damage and Jax loses the meter, whereas dash can be baited out, but outside the corner, will never be for anything more than like 17% or like 9% + frame advantage.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Because EX dash punch is a bar to use in the first place! Lol, Reptile is already not that far behind without even investing anything but the risk for taking some damage.

That's where the problem is. Jax's EX dash punch isn't always going to be there, and meter is Jax's only actual source of damage. Reptile dash is ALWAYS going to be a threat wherever it is a threat. Not only that, it can be baited out for decent damage and Jax loses the meter, whereas dash can be baited out, but outside the corner, will never be for anything more than like 17% or like 9% + frame advantage.
I don't understand where people get the notion that Jax doesn't do damage mid screen? In most cases yes he has to use meter, but it's not as if he has a hard time building it...and the setups he gets on Reptile if he knocks him down are dirty.

THTB

I don't understand where people get the notion that Jax doesn't do damage mid screen? In most cases yes he has to use meter, but it's not as if he has a hard time building it...and the setups he gets on Reptile if he knocks him down are dirty.
What does Jax punish dash with...?

THTB

Seeyou say that but get hit with it three times and you are wondering where the hell your life bar went.
I say that because, considering what a vast majority of the cast can do to Reptile for blocking dash, this is nothing, whatsoever. And 3 times STILL won't quite kill me.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I say that because, considering what a vast majority of the cast can do to Reptile for blocking dash, this is nothing, whatsoever. And 3 times STILL won't quite kill me.
No it won't, but you will be way more scared to get hit at all, which Jax thrives off of in almost every MU and it allows him to do what he does best.. lbsh, he doesn't do as much damage as everyone else, but he can get 10% without even blinking.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Seems you can play pretty yolo against most of the cast...
is there any advantage to mixing in exDash on block strings? or even using d4~exDash?

THTB

No it won't, but you will be way more scared to get hit at all, which Jax thrives off of in almost every MU and it allows him to do what he does best.. lbsh, he doesn't do as much damage as everyone else, but he can get 10% without even blinking.
I have no fear of getting hit by Jax, because it either will barely hurt me, or he'll be spending meter in the process of trying to.

This aspect is being superbly underestimated.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have no fear of getting hit by Jax, because it either will barely hurt me, or he'll be spending meter in the process of trying to.

So what if I spend a bar? Yeah I burned meter, but now Reptile is in the blender.

Edit: also, it isn't hard for Jax to build a bar at all.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I think you're underestimating scary Jax's rushdown/mixups after the punish is.

12 xx Overhead is 18% into a complete ground pound guess. He can also do things like 2F2B1 xx AA Gotcha for 26% (14 frame starter so sorta hard) or things like 12 xx Energy Wave for 14% into completely free pressure.

Also every single one of his hits can just be a stagger of the string and allow him to keep going, or go into a throw, etc.

I just REALLY think you are underestimating how much it hurts when Jax starts pressure.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think you're underestimating scary Jax's rushdown/mixups after the punish is.

12 xx Overhead is 18% into a complete ground pound guess. He can also do things like 2F2B1 xx AA Gotcha for 26% (14 frame starter so sorta hard) or things like 12 xx Energy Wave for 14% into completely free pressure.

Also every single one of his hits can just be a stagger of the string and allow him to keep going, or go into a throw, etc.

I just REALLY think you are underestimating how much it hurts when Jax starts pressure.
10% here, 17% here, 28% there. It adds up. We know what happens in the corner.

Fuck! I can't believe I missed all this juicy MU discussion :(
Anyways, about Jax:
I think the fear of his damage midscreen as a dash punish is silly compared to somebody who can get much better meterless, OR A FUCKTON MORE DAMAGE WITH 1 BAR.
Yeah, he has a good rushdown too, but a lot lot lot of his shit whiffs on our little lizard ass.
But again, this could just be me being crazy and american for thinking 17% is little damage.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Fuck! I can't believe I missed all this juicy MU discussion :(
Anyways, about Jax:
I think the fear of his damage midscreen as a dash punish is silly compared to somebody who can get much better meterless, OR A FUCKTON MORE DAMAGE WITH 1 BAR.
Yeah, he has a good rushdown too, but a lot lot lot of his shit whiffs on our little lizard ass.
But again, this could just be me being crazy and american for thinking 17% is little damage.
Ok let's do it this way. Say he doesn't burn meter and just uses pressure and GP mixups. What are you going to do to stop any of it? Guess...completely and utterly guess. That is all. Meanwhile he takes away 10-20% at a time, and after each time you are put back in the blender.

Ok let's do it this way. Say he doesn't burn meter and just uses pressure and GP mixups. What are you going to do to stop any of it? Guess...completely and utterly guess. That is all. Meanwhile he takes away 10-20% at a time, and after each time you are put back in the blender.
no but its cool though cause elbow dash.
;)
srslytho, when it comes to getting out of anybody's rushdown, its always a guess. Jax just seems like an easier time cause his rushdown is actually limited by our smaller hitbox.