What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile in MK X

So picky lol! I just want this bitch in the game, but it would be nice if he wasn't anything like his mk4 self with those stupid leopard spots on his head

On Boon's twitter post after E3 where fan had mouse pad made of reptile image asking hope to see in MK X with Boon reply of Yes! so either confirms he's in or he liked the mouse pad. Reptile should be ninja form hope not fan lizard ninja too much.

Decay

King of the Bill
His look in MK4 was god awful, I hope he doesn't look like that again.

Something like this looks pretty badass.
First of all, this drawing is hard to look at because it's proportionally so wrong. I cant even take it seriously because it looks like his neck is like 1 inch tall.

I honestly love the designs where Reptile is human more than reptile, and what I'm working on is a painting of my vision of Reptile, I hope you guys will like it.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I love Reptile as a character, but one thing that always kind of struck me off, is that I feel as if him being "Reptilian" should be a bit of a secret. Like how Scorpion looks to not be a spectre at first glance until he takes off his mask and you see the skull. By then as we all know it's too late heh.

In MK1, he was a hidden fighter that very few people even knew existed. In MK2, not only was his origin revealed, it was revealed he was indeed a lizard despite his human skin in his fatalities.

MK9 seemed to try to appeal to both Lizard and Human forms of Reptile. And, to be honest I wasn't too much of a fan of the design. If the devolving thing is still in play, I guess we'll see more of a lizard this time around.

Can't say i'm too thrilled as I hated MK4's design and MK: DA's design even more so when he wasn't really too humanoid anymore.

If Reppy is in the game, I'd like to see at least more of an emphasis on his Saurian race and I also want to see what sort of concept they're going with. I know they know people were not big fans of MK: DA Reptile and MK4 Reptile, so we'll see.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I loved his alternate costume in MK9. I've liked all of Reptile's designs through the years apart from the one where he looks like Pikkon from DBZ.

I'm almost convinced that Reptile will look like KI Riptor in MKX. He will have lost all of his humanity and devolved into a full blown reptilian monster. He won't fight like a ninja at all and he won't be wearing any ninja clothes but he will retain classic trademark moves like acid based projectiles, dash and force balls.

It's not the Reptile I want but it's what we are getting.

The only chance Reptile could look kind of human is if it's Robot-Reptile.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Reptile is one of my favorite characters and I hate how they made him look like a monster as oppose to a green ninja. UMK3 costume was the best. MK:DA was fucking moronic and MK4 looked like green shit.

In MK9 they tried to go half way but I dont like seeing reptilian feet either. I was very glad they brought the MK1/MK2 costume as an alternate.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I hate "scorpion but green" costume Reptile. I'm all for MK moving away from every character being a color swap of each other, I like that he's part lizard thing. To me it makes him more unique and interesting than if he was just another ninja. More model diversity all around, I say!

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
A costume as the one in the OP would be amazing. And something like his MK4 ALT costume, wich is his UMK3 costume but with reptilian skin instead of human, would be cool. I still want them to give me a classic human costume, beeing able to play as human Reptile again was one of the things I enjoyed the most out of MK9, it just made me so happy XD

Wow Reptile got big! And apparently he's a snake now. :DOGE

I know you're being sarcastic, hence the Doge face ( i prefer Willy Wonka)
But, honestly, i wouldn't mind this to be the actual Reptile for the new MK :D
I was one of the people that really liked the Tailed, animalistic Reptile of the 3D games and would love to get it in MKX

I'm also one of the few people that loved Drahmin, so my opinion is probably worthless and i should crawl into a bush and die

You know he's called Reptile, not FISH? The picture is a fishhead, it's a prehistoric Placodermi or armored fish.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Damn all this time it I thought I was the only one who hated his lizard look, ever since mk4 I was like "wtf is this?" Him being green an scaly can work as long as he doesn't look like a bald eagle or a poisoned chicken. OP has the right idea pls NRS do the right thing.

Oh and add ermac too ^_^

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I honestly love the designs where Reptile is human more than reptile, and what I'm working on is a painting of my vision of Reptile, I hope you guys will like it.
I really like your art, you're annoyingly talented, and knowing you're doing a painting of a reptile design has made me stupidly excited to see it. Damn you!

Also I hope you do Kenshi or Ermac one day.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
First of all, this drawing is hard to look at because it's proportionally so wrong. I cant even take it seriously because it looks like his neck is like 1 inch tall.

Yeah but thats the general Idea of how he should look like in MKX, well the mask at least.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
They should just have several costumes, or several variations based on: fully human ninja/devolved/fully lizard MKDA style. In case of variations, it could be same costume in terms of clothing, but changing skin color, head & mask, and availability of tail per variation. Special move difference would be something like: UMK3 moveset / MK4 moveset / MKDA moveset + tail-using specials + tongue-using specials + ability to climb walls/screen border etc

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
What people fail to realize is that NRS is trying to stay away from making characters that aren't actually ninjas stay ninjas.....That would include Reptile, Ermac, and Rain.
Reptile is the last of his race, he's not a ninja. Ermac is a collection of souls, not a ninja. Rain is a demi-God, not a ninja......
The only actual ninjas are Scorpion, Kua Liang, and Bi Han.

I know you all love nostalgia...but thats what MK9 dlc costumes were for.