What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile in MK X

As far as we know Reptile may have died or fell unconscious towards the end of MK9 after the bout with Stryker. That is the last time he appears, so who knows if he will make it into MKX. I hope that he does, as he is of course my favorite.

I do want to add that his default look from MK9 irritates me to no end.

Just a few notes of what you’re working with in MK9...
- Some stupid belt thing that wraps around his neck to hold up a dumb looking breastplate that is too small
- A ninja mask that comes so far down from his forehead that it looks like a widows peak from hell
- And all in all he basically looks like a deformed bird-humanoid that forgot to grow wings

The fact that some of you guys thought that looked “the best” is beyond me. Most everyone I’ve known and seen has played/preferred the MK1 alternate if it was available. Without a question it was the better fit.

Not to keep the hate train going, but he looked like a mummy with a broken jaw in Shaolin Monks, and Armageddon’s default was pretty much a port from that.

Can we all just get on the same page and have something like below?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Bumb this thread. Reptile is my favorite mk character not the dumb lizard thing that nrs loves to shame reptile with, I'm talking about the bad ass ninja from mk1 and 2.

So please, nrs, if Reptile is in mk x, give us a NINJA costume. you can't put the lizard in there. but don't make it are only option.

thanks,

one of the many people still waiting on human, ninja, reptile.

K3DC

Noob
Preach! I like all the ninjas, but Reptile became my least favorite when they made into reptile-human hybrid. The only time I play him in mk9 is when I have his classic costume. Both of those photos looks badass and I hope reptile and all the other ninjas make it into mkx.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
As a reptile main I support him being in MKX, he's just one of those side characters that needs to be in, but also as a reptile main I hope he is NOT in MKX.

I shall explain, MKX looks to be pushing towards a new cast of fighters with the important Klassics left in the game, i'm one for change and I say i'm so incline to character loyalty that it will hurt me to have him back, as all I really want to do is play every new character and make one of them my mains, I'm also set on D'vorah right now and possibly Cassie, But until the list opens up I shall pick.
I like others always just pick my main on appearance then swap around till I found one I truly like playing, waiting this long kills me.

But yes I don't want him back because i'll feel incline to play him alot and perhaps neglect newer characters which is what i really want to do, I already have the mindset to play Sub Zero now that he looks good in the game considering he was the first main i had before reptile, and that just hinders my experience of newer cast members.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I agree with that sentiment, my favorite Reptile design is classic reptile; however, I do not find his MK9 variant utterly repugnant either. I would love to see him come back and realistically, as I already have Scorpion and I am looking forward to the new cast, he is the only character I care about.

Kevlang

Noob
I honestly hate his "human" look. His name is Reptile, I expect him to look like a fucking animal, and not like a half human.
So... Should Scorpion look more like an arachnid instead of a human ninja?

Reptile was introduced as a ninja. I don't mind him looking more lizard like, but he still needs to be a humanoid. How else do we manage high punch and low kick?

Last edited:

Kevlang

Noob
Seriously, I would love to see Reptile in MKX looking somewhat like he does in my tattoo..... UMK3 style.

but LBSH, it probably will not happen.
The MK3 concept art are definitely some of my favorites. I would really like to see the Human version of Reptile, but as he takes damage, his skin is torn away, revealing the reptile scales beneath... That would look amazing... Reminds me of the 1984 TV miniseries... V

exyle

Noob
Reptile is the most popular ninja after Scorpion and SubZero. I'm sure he will be back.

Steve Beran said they're going for a more serious/realistic/simplified approach to designing ninjas rather than big fancy or tacky outfits. So, hopefully, reptile looks more human.

Here is where he said it: (6:30)

haketh

Noob
I hope they move far away from his classic look and stick to something similar to his MK9 look if he's in, though I wouldn't be mad at that design in OPs post.

Story wise I hope they play with him only being so loyal and dedicated to Khan and his ideals because he believed it was the only way to save hi people, liked in his MKII ending he finds out Tsung and Khan have lied to him this whole time and he frees his people. He's never truck me as a particulary evil character and most of his endings kind of go with that with the exception of MK9. Not saying I want him to be a good guy but more neutral.

Art

Grave_Intent
Personally if Reptile IS in MKX, I would prefer him NOT to be a damn ninja clone but rather more of a lizard-man like some of his earlier versions.

Only with better design/artwork so he doesn't look so goofy...