Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Did I even say Bojutsu should have it? And didn't they nerf 11 to being negative or is it another string being used for that, I don't know Bojutsu Frame data on hand.
Then don't come in here and say what you said. because the game has plenty of it. Reptile just wants to play the game.

all it takes is one tweak to create guessing and a character jumps up the scales. f214 being 0 everywhere now opens up his guessing as well as a keeping his giant source of damage a thing.

Also makes Noxious a little more viable (not really).

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Reptile isn't bottom five at all, his variations are gimmicky but he's actually quite good, very easy to use online, good at defending and punishing, the only weakness I've noticed is in his projectile game.
The only two things reptile is bottom 5 in are: 1) Costumes and 2) Voice actor. Actually, he's probably bottom one in both.
His voice is sick yo...
I think reptile is pretty good, not top ten, but not bottom 5. Shave off some recovery frames on some shit and I'll be gravy.
Reptile... bottom 5... right...
Play Goro, then come back here and complain about damage...
Okay, gotta start taggin' people for answers, yall come in and say reptile isn't top bottom 5 but don't list your opinion of the bottom 5.

Again to reiterate, Bottom 5: Reptile - Kitana - Liu Kang - Jason - Mileena/Goro

Reptile strengths:
Can whiff punish with dash
Ex Claw Swipe (His only saving grace this game)
safe OH
safe low
gimmicky crossups with dash
surprise! you're playing vs reptile, must be the 2nd or 3rd time ever.

Weaknesses:
No safe specials (absolutely none)
slow normal pokes (can barely footsies at all)
Horrid combo damage
Variation offers no special strings/moves
Variations usually require 1 bar and a proper setup to be viable
Forceball only works if they're not familiar (applies any character's tools)
Forceball can be neutral ducked (Why?! recovery and block advantage are also shit)
Far Claw Pounce input makes his slide come out more often than not
Strings, special moves all have shit recovery
Zoner with two gap closing moves? or Rushdown character with 3 projectiles? Hes not even jack of all trades, he's below average at it all.
He's the last of his race, probably been single for a long time
He's ugly as shit

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Only in the part where I rip on @RapZiLLa54 and my fellow rep players, aside from that no. I'm dead serious.
You think Reptile is better than Cassie?!?!

HOW.

I think He shits on Spec Ops cassie but that's besides the point. He's nowhere near as good as Cassie. Or a lot of those other characters. The main characters I say are probably worse than Reptile are Jason and Mileena. Maybe Kitana too.

Oh and I know midwest doesn't get a lot of exposure but we have a lot of strong players here in Michigan and I almost always get top 5. alucarD who got top 3 at Combo Breaker is really the only person here who beats me consistently. And I strictly use Reptile in tournament. I'm not complaining about reptile sucking cause I'm losing, I'm just laying out facts.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What people dont understand is there has to be a bottom 5 no matter the balance. Yes Reptile may be bottom 5 now but that's because most of the previous bottom five were buffed up to his level. He started out mid tier and other characters got buffed above him, but he still has the tools of a mid tier character. For the record, I think these characters are worse than Reptile:
Jason
Goro
Kitana
Shinnok
Takeda

But I also think most of those characters are viable, and I dont think any of them need to be majorly buffed. Same with Reptile, I agree he could use a few tweaks but the OP suggestions are ridiculous to say the least. I dont think they will do anything to make his variations more varied(Dont know why this is an issue since most characters have one dominant variation anyway). If anything I think they should buff the forceballs to be faster and build a bit more meter. Other than that he has all the tools to compete, so either accept that and keep playing him or move on to a character who you think is better. Someone has to be bottom 5 no matter which way you look at it.

haketh

Noob
Reptile is definitley not better than F/T & I think he's about as good as Lui & Jacqui.

Would say better than Jason, Kitana, Mileenia. No idea about whether he's better than Takeda now due to St. 1 & D. 1 buffs plus the buffs to Lasher.

reptile needs something. just cant figure it out yet. i think he has no comeback potential.

unless he's designed to play like street fighter's vega (claw); good mobility, annoying pokes (lol...cant poke with reptile at all...even with d4) but no ryu-ish bnbs?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Of course no one should lose a third of their life bar to 50/50s the problem is that most charactrrs do just that!!! You guys keep stating I'm saying I want buffs but I repeat I really don't care. Just calling it like it is. Reptile is an honest character and nowhere near the top.

people who keep saying he is good. I challenge you to record a set against a top player who actually knows the Mu and punishes his unsafe stuff and post it here
I don't get what unsafe stuff you mean? The only unsafe thing Reptile should really be doing is ex claw.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
reptile needs something. just cant figure it out yet. i think he has no comeback potential.

unless he's designed to play like street fighter's vega (claw); good mobility, annoying pokes (lol...cant poke with reptile at all...even with d4) but no ryu-ish bnbs?
he needs more damage and a 9 frames d1.

I'd buff both his f+21 1+2 string and the ex version by 5% and 7%. The rest can stay as it is.

JDM

Noob
If you could combo off of his F+21 string without meter he'd be so, so much better. That is one of the only buffs I truly want.

Like, hold up and get the launch, if you use it twice in one combo you get the splat animation.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You think Reptile is better than Cassie?!?!

HOW.

I think He shits on Spec Ops cassie but that's besides the point. He's nowhere near as good as Cassie. Or a lot of those other characters. The main characters I say are probably worse than Reptile are Jason and Mileena. Maybe Kitana too.

Oh and I know midwest doesn't get a lot of exposure but we have a lot of strong players here in Michigan and I almost always get top 5. alucarD who got top 3 at Combo Breaker is really the only person here who beats me consistently. And I strictly use Reptile in tournament. I'm not complaining about reptile sucking cause I'm losing, I'm just laying out facts.
Well for starters I think he is better but not by much. Don't get me wrong I'm aware of how good Cassie is, but I think reptile is just one notch up on her. I just don't see much in his tool set that makes him different from a lot of the top tier characters aside from dumb damage output and pretty bad meter building. I think if he built meter a tad faster he would be just fine. I don't think I'll ever be of the mindset that thus character is top 5 just because of what he has available to him.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Well for starters I think he is better but not by much. Don't get me wrong I'm aware of how good Cassie is, but I think reptile is just one notch up on her. I just don't see much in his tool set that makes him different from a lot of the top tier characters aside from dumb damage output and pretty bad meter building. I think if he built meter a tad faster he would be just fine. I don't think I'll ever be of the mindset that thus character is top 5 just because of what he has available to him.