Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It pushes back in the corner too so I don't exactly see the difference. B2 is great. I'd much rather just B2 on block and play footsies than do f412 and be -6 and have to now respect every option my opponent now has.
B2 in the corner is close enough for a F412, 21, 3, 34, 12, 141, B3, B2, F3 follow-up. If you think F412 OS if you read a poke, B2, NJP or NJK if you read a jump, 21 or St3 for safe pressure and B3 OS for the mix-up but ends your pressure.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Reptile... bottom 5... right...

Play Goro, then come back here and complain about damage...
I don't understand....Why are Goro players taking offense to this thread? @AoK Ryan Did I accidentally shit on the Goro community somewhere? Why can't both our characters swim in the pool of the Bottom 5? Bottom 5 isn't for just 1 character slot lol

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
...... wut

Liu Kang bottom 5 :DOGE
He isn't?

Wierd... has no 50/50s. His pressure stems from a fireball cancel which is worthless because again, he has no 50/50's. He's probably the one character in the game that simply doesn't keep you guessing what he wants to do. Here's the two things he wants to do. Hit you low with f+4 or cancel his fireball into a grab. You learn this you win.

Don't get this downright imbecile idea that a bottom 5 character means you can't win with him/her. Like I said, the game is very balanced. Even the worst characters in the game are good at a competitve level. I will however not say they have no issues when it's clearly obvious to whoever plays them. Which I do, because I like the shaolin bros. It's pathetic.

But take a look at everyone's tools and bullshit and then look at Liu Kang who's honestly the most honest character in the game. You don't get hit with 40+% combos because you guessed wrong against him... or lose because you can't get in on him. You lost because you were a worse player than Liu Kang's.

Has ok pressure and ok zoning. Couple those with no bullshit 50/50s and you have a character that doesn't excel at anything. Which in turn makes him, in this game, bottom 5.

Can't wait to hear what makes this character so good, when Johnny Cage, a character who isn't top 5, does everything that Kang does and does it better

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Because B2 is not supposed to be used mid-screen like everyone is doing for some weird ass reason
I don't think people have fully explored b2's use as a solid counterhit tool, Including myself. It's not about where you are on screen just in correlation to the opponent. It smacks a lot of buttons out of the way.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Is this a troll?
IMO you gain nothing off a blocked B2 mid-screen besides F21 which comes out in 13f or something (correct me of I'm wrong).

I mean yes, if they're conditioned to block low, you can throw out the B2 for the 30% 1 bar. But if your gameplan is to Run up and throw out B2s and B3s, you're going to have a bad time because you're not playing Sonya, Erron, Kung Jin, etc

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
He isn't?

Wierd... has no 50/50s. His pressure stems from a fireball cancel which is worthless because again, he has no 50/50's. He's probably the one character in the game that simply doesn't keep you guessing what he wants to do. Here's the two things he wants to do. Hit you low with f+4 or cancel his fireball into a grab. You learn this you win.

Don't get this downright imbecile idea that a bottom 5 character means you can't win with him/her. Like I said, the game is very balanced. Even the worst characters in the game are good at a competitve level. I will however not say they have no issues when it's clearly obvious to whoever plays them. Which I do, because I like the shaolin bros. It's pathetic.

But take a look at everyone's tools and bullshit and then look at Liu Kang who's honestly the most honest character in the game. You don't get hit with 40+% combos because you guessed wrong against him... or lose because you can't get in on him. You lost because you were a worse player than Liu Kang's.

Has ok pressure and ok zoning. Couple those with no bullshit 50/50s and you have a character that doesn't excel at anything. Which in turn makes him, in this game, bottom 5.

Can't wait to hear what makes this character so good, when Johnny Cage, a character who isn't top 5, does everything that Kang does and does it better
Kangs zoning is better than Johnnys, his FB cancels are also better than Johnnys. Lui Kang DOES have an OH. Does it lead to anything great? No but you can still keep people honest with it. Also when doing forceball cancels you set up your opponent for free grabs because they HAVE to respect it. Building an entire bar of meter while doing around 10% chip I can't agree is worthless.

Zephyrus

He needs ANOTHER mid string? His b12 is ridiculous with fireball cancels and can confirm into 38% combos while f213 (i believe is his other mid string not sure of the first input) is a 3 cycle block infinite that builds him an entire bar of meter with fireball cancels... WHY would he need ANOTHER mid hitting string when b12 blows up wakeups and armor, leads to full combos and is hard as hell to react to fbc on...
Because he can't open people up?

Might be a fucking clue huh?

Or is it too fucking hard to block low vs him and expect the astoundingly obvious grab after fbc? I mean what's he going to do to open you up? MB bicycle kick? Get real.

The nerve on you asking buffs for a character better than Liu Kang and then upplaying Liu Kang.

His sole overhead normal comes from a string that whiffs all day everyday, because again you're blocking low vs Liu, and it happens to be the third normal of the string... which'll net him two whiffed normals that are highly punishable.

I mean at most it'll give him a 50/50 that A) grants him a combo if you blocked low B) gets you hit with low fireball if you blocked high

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Kangs zoning is better than Johnnys, his FB cancels are also better than Johnnys. Lui Kang DOES have an OH. Does it lead to anything great? No but you can still keep people honest with it. Also when doing forceball cancels you set up your opponent for free grabs because they HAVE to respect it. Building an entire bar of meter while doing around 10% chip I can't agree is worthless.
Get back on topic with your Reptile hate train kid.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
IMO you gain nothing off a blocked B2 mid-screen besides F21 which comes out in 13f or something (correct me of I'm wrong).

I mean yes, if they're conditioned to block low, you can throw out the B2 for the 30% 1 bar. But if your gameplan is to Run up and throw out B2s and B3s, you're going to have a bad time because you're not playing Sonya, Erron, Kung Jin, etc
Your gameplan is "dont do the 50/50s midscreen". What
Because he can't open people up?

Might be a fucking clue huh?

Or is it too fucking hard to block low vs him and expect the astoundingly obvious grab after fbc? I mean what's he going to do to open you up? MB bicycle kick? Get real.

The nerve on you asking buffs for a character better than Liu Kang and then upplaying Liu Kang.

His sole overhead normal comes from a string that whiffs all day everyday, because again you're blocking low vs Liu, and it happens to be the third normal of the string... which'll net him two whiffed normals that are highly punishable.

I mean at most it'll give him a 50/50 that A) grants him a combo if you blocked low B) gets you hit with low fireball if you blocked high
i think its you.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
After reading this thread and playing against a few really good reptiles i have to say i think reptile is fine....but then again im not very good lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Goro can interrupt opponents strings into a 30% combo into a setup... and that probably carries them to the corner. Show me where reptile can do something like that? What with his armored slide that knocks down? No? hmm...
How about instead of trying to interrupt strings you block appropriately and wait for an opportunity to hit buttons? No? Hmmmm...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Goro can interrupt opponents strings into a 30% combo into a setup... and that probably carries them to the corner. Show me where reptile can do something like that? What with his armored slide that knocks down? No? hmm...
with his armored claw launcher?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
He isn't?

Um. Liu Kang is safe as fuck, practically nonpunishable, and has meterbuild for days. No he does not need a 50-50 christ

Zephyrus

HUH?

He has what?

A-list JC trumps EVERYTHING Liu Kang has on dragon's fire.

For starters JC's fb hit MID. MID. Couple that with the arc they have and you sure as fuck have to respect them more than fucking Liu Kang's shitty low fireball.

Then comes the cancels. You're honestly there saying Liu's cancels are better? Than a character who has an overhead starter? Which in this game is invaluably better than a low starter?

He cancels into d+3 and when he conditions you to block low, you get hit with f+2. Nothing Liu kang has, is anywhere near as good as that. Nothing.

A-list > dragon's fire
Fisticuffs > flame fist

Zephyrus

Um. Liu Kang is safe as fuck, practically nonpunishable, and has meterbuild for days. No he does not need a 50-50 christ
and I didn't ask for one. Can't read, don't quote. Simple as that.
I asked for his 11 string to hit mid instead of high.

Again, can't read, don't quote. Good day.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
How about instead of trying to interrupt strings you block appropriately and wait for an opportunity to hit buttons? No? Hmmmm...
And that's what you HAVE to do with reptile... but you have to wait even longer b/c of his shitty pokes. The entire point was goro can ignore stuff like that. I was showing him that goro has things that are really good.

How about you go shove your nose elsewhere?

Zephyrus

Your gameplan is "dont do the 50/50s midscreen". What

i think its you.
yes of course. That's why Liu kang players have been winning hard lately and ever since the game was released.

I'll respect your opinion about Reptile, because quite frankly you are the best one in this game.

But Liu's? Nah. Character has several issues.

But you people think that Liu's ability to deal chip damage makes him good so maybe it's me.

But I'll agree to that. Doing 10% chip damage if you have fbc on point = 40% damage of a wrong guess. It's just as good