What's new

Relaxed's Cyborg MU Chart

LaR

Noob
Dude... @MrAquaman is arguably the BEST Ares in the game right now. He bodied my Cyborg so free the last tournament we attended too haha His teleport is good enough to get in free pressure on Cyborg IANB. Thus I have to respect it and not IANB like a scrub all day. Not only that but once Ares gets the life lead he can zone out Cyborg! Any character that has a teleport goes AT LEAST even with Cyborg if not just beats him. Are you saying that Cyborg beats Ares?
You cant telport against Cyborg if this Ares player is getting away with teleports its your fault for letting him.

LaR

Noob
Cyborg's IANB is tricky to get down at first (another reason I think people shy away from him). However, once you get it down then it isn't that bad. You can buffer the (Up) right as you are landing down from the last fireball. It should come out on the first frame you come up if timed well. Use MK controls as it is much harder with SF style. Practice is all lol. He is definitely high execution however...
Not being a dick but it sounds like you just dont know the matchup Jun_Dp101 knows the match very well and agrees its in Cyborgs favour.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
You cant telport against Cyborg if this Ares player is getting away with teleports its your fault for letting him.
Ridiculous. If the Ares can't teleport in on Cyborg then they are being way to predictable and not teleporting properly. For one it shuts down his whole zoning game, which is almost everything he has.
Even if you teleport all my good strings for punishing are high or too slow to punish. He can get free d1 pressure after every single well-timed teleport. All Cyborg truly has is standing 2... which is MINUS 2 on hit (worst normal in the game). This means that you can get hit by it and literally block/dash/MB interrupt before he can even cancel it into sonic disruptor or power-fist... Also, Ares can teleport on reaction to a messed up IANB and punish or pressure... His zoning is good enough that it keeps Cyborg from getting a rythem and his teleport keeps him honest. It is possible to recover from IANB and block Ares pressure...but he still gets the pressure oppurtunity while closing the gap. Not many other characters get this luxury...
I actully think it is 4-6, but I keep it 5-5 as I am not done exploring all the potential ways to fight this MU.

LaR

Noob
Ridiculous. If the Ares can't teleport in on Cyborg then they are being way to predictable and not teleporting properly. For one it shuts down his whole zoning game, which is almost everything he has.
Even if you teleport all my good strings for punishing are high or too slow to punish. He can get free d1 pressure after every single well-timed teleport. All Cyborg truly has is standing 2... which is MINUS 2 on hit (worst normal in the game). This means that you can get hit by it and literally block/dash/MB interrupt before he can even cancel it into sonic disruptor or power-fist... Also, Ares can teleport on reaction to a messed up IANB and punish or pressure... His zoning is good enough that it keeps Cyborg from getting a rythem and his teleport keeps him honest. It is possible to recover from IANB and block Ares pressure...but he still gets the pressure oppurtunity while closing the gap. Not many other characters get this luxury...
I actully think it is 4-6, but I keep it 5-5 as I am not done exploring all the potential ways to fight this MU.
its nothing to do with predictability its maths and the only strings you need is 2~sonic disrupter and d1 he also has some good setups we found but haven’t posted yet Jun_Dp101 please explain the mu and how Ares teleport isn't good in this match.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
All the more reasons to make him better! lol It would be racist not to make him a top 5 character.
NRS trying to keep the black man down (the tier list) I mean look at the top 5 right now, Batman- Rich ass white boy who has daddy issues, Superman- suburban white male who can get what he wants without breaking a sweat, Aquaman- can we say NAZI (because I can), Black adam- got nerfed on his dive kick (lol), Killer Frost- What the fuck is she some kinda smurf! (Fuck those little blue assholes)
(No I do not believe this list is my actual viewing on who I think is top 5... mostly)

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
its nothing to do with predictability its maths and the only strings you need is 2~sonic disrupter and d1 he also has some good setups we found but haven’t posted yet Jun_Dp101 please explain the mu and how Ares teleport isn't good in this match.
Just saying you haven't figured out how to blow up 2~SDC yet as that move is ass on hit and block. D1-PF is unsafe, D1-SD is interruptible and full combo punishable. Even if I hit you, it is for little damage...
Jun_Dp101 is a smart guy and knows a lot about the game and Cyborg. However, just because he beats your Ares doesn't mean Ares loses the MU lol, it just might mean he might be better than you :p

Regardless, I would definitely like to hear what he has to say about the MU technically wise. I am dying for other borg players to give input!

BigC

I'm great in my world.
OP, do you plan to edit this to include the DLC MU's? That would help me even more as I am trying to pick up Cyborg.

LaR

Noob
Just saying you haven't figured out how to blow up 2~SDC yet as that move is ass on hit and block. D1-PF is unsafe, D1-SD is interruptible and full combo punishable. Even if I hit you, it is for little damage...
Jun is a smart guy and knows a lot about the game and Cyborg. However, just because he beats your Ares doesn't mean Ares loses the MU, it just might mean he might be better than you lol
A string that has 8frame startup and is + on block uninterruptible and knocks down on hit is ass? ok...

oh and d1~sd is unsafe because it can be interrupted with b3/f3?. I take it you never thought of doing d1 to bait b3/f3 and then countering with your own b3 for a guaranteed 35%.

Also the fact that you're letting Ares teleport means you're the one not playing the mu right.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
A string that has 8frame startup and is + on block interruptible and knocks down on hit is ass? ok...

oh and d1~sd is unsafe because it can be interrupted with b3/f3?. I take it you never thought of doing to d1 to bait b3/f3 and then countering with your own b3 for a guaranteed 35%.

Also the fact that you're letting Ares teleport means you're the one not playing the mu right.
2 on block and on hit is negative...so anything he cancels it into can be either interrupted...or safely blocked. 2-SD? Get hit by the 2 block the SD. He is at +3 then? Doesn't matter as it pushes you away, any offense Cyborg tries to create is easily wiff punishable.

And yes I can d1. I often do. But I am not going to d1 you to death... Ares gets in and the most you are going to take is 2% from a d1... your ability to get in on Cyborg is well worth that tremendous risk... Other characters lose entire life bars for trying to do that.

Stop downplaying Ares. Your Tele is one of the best in the games when used properly.
Cyborg has the least amount of tools to punish it, so if you lose to Cyborg with your teleport, than you are losing to every characters in this game with your teleport. Meaning his teleport is completely unviable, and Ares loses every MU 4-6, 3-7. SMH

LaR

Noob
2 on block and on hit is negative...so anything he cancels it into can be either interrupted...or safely blocked. 2-SD? Get hit by the 2 block the SD. He is at +3 then? Doesn't matter as it pushes you away, any offense Cyborg tries to create is easily wiff punishable.

And yes I can d1. I often do. But I am not going to d1 you to death... Ares gets in and the most you are going to take is 2% from a d1... your ability to get in on Cyborg is well worth that tremendous risk... Other characters lose entire life bars for trying to do that.

Stop downplaying Ares. Your Tele is one of the best in the games when used properly.
Cyborg has the least amount of tools to punish it, so if you lose to Cyborg with your teleport, than you are losing to every characters in this game with your teleport. Meaning his teleport is completely unviable, and Ares loses every MU 4-6, 3-7. SMH
what do you mean get hit by the 2 and block the sd that combos and on block it jails ??

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
what do you mean get hit by the 2 and block the sd that combos and on block it jails ??
Yeah that is what I am saying lol. Test it out. You can get hit by the 2. Then literally block the Sonic-Disruptor. It is crazy, it SHOULD jail...but NRS hates Cyborg

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
tested it out and it medium ~ sonic disrupter still jails?.
Right. On hit is where you recover enough to block or dash the following SD. (It might be getting hit in the crouch state as this adds to your recovery time, and also if you ever do get hit it is because you are trying to d1 into a combo so your hitbox is lowered.) Test it on hit and on crouch. You should be able to block, or even dash back pretty easily. Even if you block the whole thing it is fine becasue then you are in!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah that is what I am saying lol. Test it out. You can get hit by the 2. Then literally block the Sonic-Disruptor. It is crazy, it SHOULD jail...but NRS hates Cyborg

huh? 2~sd combos.
also just tested trying to super inbetween and no joy.

sure everything ok with the patches on your console?

edit.tested crouch, wtf no combo lol, still jails on crouch block though

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
huh? 2~sd combos.
also just tested trying to super inbetween and no joy.

sure everything ok with the patches on your console?

edit.tested crouch, wtf no combo lol, still jails on crouch block though
Yeah, that is fine though. Ares either gets hit going for his d1 and recovers, or blocks it safely. Can block d1 and blow it up...or get hit for minimal damage. Those are Cyborgs best options lol. Ares bypasses his zoning no problemo

LaR

Noob
Right. On hit is where you recover enough to block or dash the following SD. (It might be getting hit in the crouch state as this adds to your recovery time, and also if you ever do get hit it is because you are trying to d1 into a combo so your hitbox is lowered.) Test it on hit and on crouch. You should be able to block, or even dash back pretty easily. Even if you block the whole thing it is fine becasue then you are in!
ok i know what you mean now but that is very situational and doesnt change anything. sd is still +3 and gives a free ianb so i am not in when i block this

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
ok i know what you mean now but that is very situational and doesnt change anything. sd is still +3 and gives a free ianb so i am not in when i block this
He gets a free MB IANB. You can duck and wiff punish the regular at that range. Regardless, that all happens if I read the teleport as well. A good one will catch anyone off guard. You should always just go for tele- D1 pressure against Cyborg as you dont have any repercussions to not do it. Good risk reward. That being said, I do think the MU can go either way depending on who has the life lead. Neither character can play their true game the way they were designed. It feels 4-6 or 5-5 to me. I think with time it will probably stay at 5-5.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Who would Joker be a 5-5, if Harley Quinn is a 4-6?
Joker has even fewer anti-zoning tools than Harley, and both have awesome offense- while Joker's is a bit more overwhelming, Harley's is about setups and guessing..
Not the point though- what does Joker have that Harley Quinn doesn't in this match?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Besides the fact that I can full combo punish d1~SD in both stances with Nightwing, I have no clue about this MU lol.
When you get in stay in. NW has a hell of a time getting in too. Cyborg is great at keeping him away and NW is great at staying in. Cyborg can't really grapple out of his pressure since he hits so fast and it only has one hit of armor. Cyborg is just so good at playing his zoning game in this MU. I feel it is Cyborgs advantage. NW needs to know all of Cyborgs zoning tricks to get in. Just duck walk ALOT. When he shoots missles, alternate dashing forward, or jump forwards (This is the read part you have to make to get in).

What annoys me is his lack of a good advancing combo string and his odd button inputs. I can deal with the difficulty of ianb but he has weird inputs for his grappling hooks, his cyber tackle, and his one low starter. The low starter I just have to input it really fast which I often forget during matches but I don't see why they didn't make the grapple like smokes back and forward teleport, I can never seem to link it to strings or at the end of combos in the corner and I can't wakeup with it which isn't that big of a problem. Other than that he is a really fun character to play with, it's just difficult to get started with him

LaR

Noob
He gets a free MB IANB. You can duck and wiff punish the regular at that range. Regardless, that all happens if I read the teleport as well. A good one will catch anyone off guard. You should always just go for tele- D1 pressure against Cyborg as you dont have any repercussions to not do it. Good risk reward. That being said, I do think the MU can go either way depending on who has the life lead. Neither character can play their true game the way they were designed. It feels 4-6 or 5-5 to me. I think with time it will probably stay at 5-5.
I don't know what the mu is now its to early to say all I know is you cant rely on tele if the cyborg player gets the ianb low enough the only way you can tele is if Cyborg trys to do two grounded nova blasts in a row and even at that Cyborg can easily bait the reversal tele and get a full punish.

Cyborg can do nova blast then ianb which is completly safe against Ares. If i try teleport inbetween this pattern the risk is a full combo punish and the reward is i get in at minus frames.