Flash 3-7
Aquaman 3-7
Bat-Girl 3-7
Raven 3-7
Sinestro 2-8
Martian Manhunter 2-8

6 Good, 9 Even, 14 Bad

Cyborg = Fish

The general rule to Cyborg is he needs a life advantage for his zoning/chipping to be truly successful. When he is down on health he will most likely lose no matter the MU. His play style really does not promote 'comebacks' save for the rare corner vortex if he has meter. He has no mix ups and most of his strings are interruptible. Great zoning, but rather predictable. Gives certain charecters a lot of trouble, especially if the player does not know the MU (everyone), but he gets utterly dominated 3-7, 2-8 in too many MUs too make him tourney viable . He is a wonderful utility character if your execution is good (iafb, just frame grapples).

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Also, I would put him at high mid tier as of June 2013. A/A+ perhaps. He has all the tools to fight every battle so he will never just get flat out stomped. He will just have to work harder to overcome some of the more trivial aspects of other characters BS lol

Edit: Fish Tier January 2014

Last edited:

chores

bad at things
well if this thread goes anything like the black adam one i cant wait to be super confused

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think the whole Bane forum disagrees on this match up lol.

Relaxedstate what makes you think it's advantage?
Well this is one MU I have only gotten the chance to run online so perhaps I am off since I havent really played one bane who is really good.

I think it is 6-4 since bane is fairly easy to zone with IANB and missles. I can hit him out of charge with well timed FBs. He is a big problem upclose against cyborg and can get in much easier when he has full venom...however at this point I can grapple around to make bane wiff etc...

What does the Bane forum have to say?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well this is one MU I have only gotten the chance to run online so perhaps I am off since I havent really played one bane who is really good.

I think it is 6-4 since bane is fairly easy to zone with IANB and missles. I can hit him out of charge with well timed FBs. He is a big problem upclose against cyborg and can get in much easier when he has full venom...however at this point I can grapple around to make bane wiff etc...

What does the Bane forum have to say?
I have to disagree. Charge is worthless, just dash about a bit. Are you on PSN? We could help each other learn the MU :)

Also can Cyborg grapple on wake up? That seems like it'd be huge.

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
nice list! how do you usually go about the black adam mu? I have trouble vs him as the lightning storm into lightning strike make trades bad for me

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Why is WW a bad MU? Is it her parry?
Yeah she can parry her way in, easy full meter. Air dash missles. Then once in she out footsies and out damges him. I mean it isn't a total blowout. They can go back and forth. Meter becomes irrelevant in this matchup as both players should have unlimited supply. Often it will go to a timeout if the Cyborg player gets a life lead.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
nice list! how do you usually go about the black adam mu? I have trouble vs him as the lightning storm into lightning strike make trades bad for me
If you get your IANB down well then this MU become pretty easy actually. Quite easy to keep him out, as he cannot dive kick at you ever... especially on a stage like metropolis rooftop. Once he gets in use grapple hook to escape. Rinse and repeat. Add a pinch of missiles for flavor.

LaR

Noob
Just like batgirl you just have to learn to bait the teleport and punish. Do agree it isnt a 5-5 tho.
You don't even have to bait the teleport, everytime you teleport in beetwen his fireballs you are still minus and are forced to block a 2~sonic disrupter which allows him to zone again.

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
From my experience against good ares players. I think ares would demolish cyborgs zoning game with anti zones and teleports as mixup or oki. What about Batgirl

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
From my experience against good ares players. I think ares would demolish cyborgs zoning game with anti zones and teleports as mixup or oki. What about Batgirl
if you do your air nb close enough to the ground theres no way you can get outzoned or even trade for that matter as u can block his fb when u land. Also teleports are pretty useless vs cyborg and should only be used on wake up as you recover in time from ianb to at least get a d1 out or u can bait out the tele and get a d2 launcher into 19% punish

Reactions: LaR

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Alucrud Ares has got me rethinking the MU although I still think it is 5-5. You can infact do fireballs fast enough with recovery time to react to a teleport. Good for him when Cyborg has the life lead...however when Ares gets the life lead and you need to go in...then that sucks lol

Bat-girl is either 5-5 or 4-6. He can keep her away good enough, but one wiff fireball and she can smoke port his ass into serious damage and resets. SHe really out damages him. Bola also trades well if timed right. Bat-girl is bad news for anyone in the right hands

Guarantee you that lex luthor isn't the easiest matchup. In fact, lex luthor is a rather difficult matchup. I have an easier time against black adam then I do against lex luthor. You just haven't played against a good one yet, but trust me when you do, be ready for the largest anal penetration of your life. Lex luthor will make your butt so chapped you'll be walking sideways for weeks.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Nah the Lex match is definitely in Cyborg's favour. You can set up iafb/missile zoning really easily and it prevents Lex from really setting up any of unblockable beams or anything of the sort. Zoning is also an easy way to nullify his shield as soon as he tries to get in.

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
imo cyborg doesn't beat green lantern. He can just walk you to the corner while you are zoning and there's a lot of stuff you can't do. In the corner his lift will hit you out of ianb before it comes out and you can't grapple out because he can catch you with lift on the way down. Your only hope is somehow landing a sonic disruptor and sending them away. However on stages like atlantis cyborg has the advantage with the interactions at each end of the stage.