What's new

Relaxed's Cyborg MU Chart

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
imo cyborg doesn't beat green lantern. He can just walk you to the corner while you are zoning and there's a lot of stuff you can't do. In the corner his lift will hit you out of ianb before it comes out and you can't grapple out because he can catch you with lift on the way down. Your only hope is somehow landing a sonic disruptor and sending them away. However on stages like atlantis cyborg has the advantage with the interactions at each end of the stage.
He really can't just walk you to the corner. Cyborg will build full meter, and missiles will force GL to jump or take lot's of chip damage. At close range IANB will come out at the same time lift does (9 frames) which makes it a favorable trade. At full screen Cyborg can shoot IANB and duck GLs rocket. IANB will hit GL because of rockets recovery frames, and Cyborg recovers enough to duck the rocket. If GL turbines towards than Cyborg can jump and IANB on reaction. Even when Cyborg gets cornered he can just grapple out pretty easy, or reverse positions for HUGE damage.

GL isn't even that good in the corner IMO. His best game is mid-screen where he can hit confirm into LM, and set-up his 50-50 resets/vortexs. Also, GL is very meter dependent and it is difficult to build meter against a Cyborg who is forcing you to come in.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He really can't just walk you to the corner. Cyborg will build full meter, and missiles will force GL to jump or take lot's of chip damage. At close range IANB will come out at the same time lift does (9 frames) which makes it a favorable trade. At full screen Cyborg can shoot IANB and duck GLs rocket. IANB will hit GL because of rockets recovery frames, and Cyborg recovers enough to duck the rocket. If GL turbines towards than Cyborg can jump and IANB on reaction. Even when Cyborg gets cornered he can just grapple out pretty easy, or reverse positions for HUGE damage.

GL isn't even that good in the corner IMO. His best game is mid-screen where he can hit confirm into LM, and set-up his 50-50 resets/vortexs. Also, GL is very meter dependent and it is difficult to build meter against a Cyborg who is forcing you to come in.
Precisely.

I still have to learn this matchup lol, because right now I'm getting massively blown up by Cyborgs. My only hope, as of late, is to do walking down to the corner to at least cut off your moving room. It's a hard matchup, and honestly, I think it's still like 7-3 bad.

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
ok thx for the advice, I think you underrate his corner game. if he hits you in the corner he hit confirms into ex rocket then lm you back into the corner. Cyborg can't really wake up with anything so f3 wrecks you as theres really nothing hes scared of when cyborg is knocked down. But ye I definitely need to grind this mu more. Also the grapple can't really be used because if he's close he can lm on reaction even a couple frames after the armor is gone and if hes mid screen he will lm you on the way down.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think it's a 5-5 with Ares, stop theory fighting and play the damn MU guys, and play them at the highest level

I think sinestro is not disadvantaged, Its surprisingly easy to rush him down with cyborg just grapple all over him
Playing full on runaway against sinestro doesn't work

Agreed on Catwoman but definitely not 7-3 bad. You gotta set up he close rockets first befor going into iafb zoning because it'll make him think twice about doing the full screen armor shit. It will often hit I'm out of it and lead to a full combo

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Precisely.

I still have to learn this matchup lol, because right now I'm getting massively blown up by Cyborgs. My only hope, as of late, is to do walking down to the corner to at least cut off your moving room. It's a hard matchup, and honestly, I think it's still like 7-3 bad.
Yeah man, it might be 7-3...but once he is in he is super good against Cyborg...it just a matter of doing that lol
We can run some if you want my GT is Relaxedstate

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think sinestro is not disadvantaged, Its surprisingly easy to rush him down with cyborg just grapple all over him
Playing full on runaway against sinestro doesn't work
Grapple gets shut down hard on sinestro. Unless you absorb a meteor than it is almost useless to use in. You need to generate an offense by dashing in, which is what Sinestros zoning blows up the hardest if they are good at reading. I played Dinks, and Pigs for a while. Just seems very difficult lol. But not impossible.

Catwoman is fucked up man. Just not enough people play her high level shit. Good to see you back!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Relaxedstate
How is the Arrow match up even? Do you have it somewhat figured out or is it a place holder?
I played Chris G for like 10 mins at UFGT and I think I took two games game lol. Still learning the MU, but it seems Cyborg can zone GA here. But, only with care. You cant spam braindead fireballs, and always have to watch out for ice arrow... but yeah, mild placeholder as of now. Sure it will develop over time and could go either way.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I played Chris G for like 10 mins at UFGT and I think I took two games game lol. Still learning the MU, but it seems Cyborg can zone GA here. But, only with care. You cant spam braindead fireballs, and always have to watch out for ice arrow... but yeah, mild placeholder as of now. Sure it will develop over time and could go either way.

What are Arrow's answers to instant air fireballs? Does his crouching arrow work?

His crouching arrow doesn't lower his hitbox enough to avoid projectiles like Killer Frost's Daggers, that's why I'm wondering.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
What are Arrow's answers to instant air fireballs? Does his crouching arrow work?

His crouching arrow doesn't lower his hitbox enough to avoid projectiles like Killer Frost's Daggers, that's why I'm wondering.
Yes. I am pretty sure crouching arrow can be a viable option against Cyborg... but GA will have to jump eventually which can spell bad news. Arrow really needs a well timed, albeit lucky, ice arrow and then he is in. Not much, but it guarantees his entrance which a lot of characters don't get.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I sometimes forget cyborg is in this game... it might be because he doesnt say BOOYAH! enough
I feel a lot of people have lol. Forever Alone. He had 15 mins of fame when he had the potential infinite, but now it is gone. Not bad enough of character to get any substantial buffs, and not good enough to get any nerfs. He is a high-mid tier character which basically means he will be invisible lol

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I feel a lot of people have lol. Forever Alone. He had 15 mins of fame when he had the potential infinite, but now it is gone. Not bad enough of character to get any substantial buffs, and not good enough to get any nerfs. He is a high-mid tier character which basically means he will be invisible lol
It's kinda like nightwing but at least Nightwing is played online and is a top ten character, but he doesnt get much tourny showings

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
It's kinda like nightwing but at least Nightwing is played online and is a top ten character, but he doesnt get much tourny showings
There is actually a lot of NW tourney players. EVO will have a bunch too and if they have leveled up their game expect them to make top8.
Cyborg though.... no one online or offline plays him lol. The community is dead for the poor robot. I want buffs just so more people can get re-interested in playing him at a high level...rather than for his own benefit.

LaR

Noob
I think it's a 5-5 with Ares, stop theory fighting and play the damn MU guys, and play them at the highest level
You mustn’t be playing the match up at the highest level if you think Ares can just teleport in versus cyborg he has no tools to get in on him at the highest level and when he does get in cyborg can just pushblock.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
There is actually a lot of NW tourney players. EVO will have a bunch too and if they have leveled up their game expect them to make top8.
Cyborg though.... no one online or offline plays him lol. The community is dead for the poor robot. I want buffs just so more people can get re-interested in playing him at a high level...rather than for his own benefit.
Yeah Ive havent seen a lot of activity among the borg forums compared to someone like Nightwing or DS, I guess it is because there are less players I assume...

I just started playing Cyborg haha, I enjoy playing the character unlike most characters in this game but I can't do the IANB's. do you have any tips on how to execute them? I was able to so Liu Kanga instant air fireballs pretty damn well but I can't even do one with Cyborg

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
You mustn’t be playing the match up at the highest level if you think Ares can just teleport in versus cyborg he has no tools to get in on him at the highest level and when he does get in cyborg can just pushblock.
Dude... Mr Aquaman is arguably the BEST Ares in the game right now. He bodied my Cyborg so free the last tournament we attended too haha His teleport is good enough to get in free pressure on Cyborg IANB. Thus I have to respect it and not IANB like a scrub all day. Not only that but once Ares gets the life lead he can zone out Cyborg! Any character that has a teleport goes AT LEAST even with Cyborg if not just beats him. Are you saying that Cyborg beats Ares?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I just started playing Cyborg haha, I enjoy playing the character unlike most characters in this game but I can't do the IANB's. do you have any tips on how to execute them? I was able to so Liu Kanga instant air fireballs pretty damn well but I can't even do one with Cyborg
Cyborg's IANB is tricky to get down at first (another reason I think people shy away from him). However, once you get it down then it isn't that bad. You can buffer the (Up) right as you are landing down from the last fireball. It should come out on the first frame you come up if timed well. Use MK controls as it is much harder with SF style. Practice is all lol. He is definitely high execution however...