What's new

Reepal and Aris talk "Hands-On" with Mortal Kombat X @ E3, stamina bar + much more explained

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Dash blocking being gone is great. You'll be moving around with good walk speeds so there won't be a need to. I promise no one will miss it once they adjust to MKX. Combo possibility is still there with the addition of running. Best of both worlds.

I also support having invincibility ONLY on EX wake up attacks 10000000000000%. Hope that ends up being true.

There was definitely a point to be made in dash-blocking looking clunky as hell.

I'm not saying they changed it just for that reason- but it was definitely a nice side effect to get rid of the dash-block-dash-block ballet.

Aris and Rip had a pretty good argument on how much each character should "vary". Like should each version have a different walk speed/dash speed/run speed? Rip feels the character's core should remain intact, but Aris wants NRS to expand on it ("I want NRS to take their cloths off an go wild" LOL). I think it's a pretty interesting debate.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Dash blocking was so stupid, it was a just a super easy way to get in with no work, but now you have to actually space out your movement which emphasizes footsies and space control and i could've sworn thats what the MK9 elitists were all saying that injustice doesn't have. Too rich.

E

Eldriken

Aris and Rip had a pretty good argument on how much each character should "vary". Like should each version have a different walk speed/dash speed/run speed? Rip feels the character's core should remain intact, but Aris wants NRS to expand on it ("I want NRS to take their cloths off an go wild" LOL). I think it's a pretty interesting debate.
Variations affecting a character's walk speed, dash speed and run speed might make a bit of sense.

Take Ferra/Torr for example. Imagine if his Lackey variation (he's by himself) allowed him to move faster altogether because Ferra isn't on him. Yes, someone his size obviously won't be burdened by Ferra's small size to begin with, we can't take that into consideration here. :p It would just kinda make sense because he's no longer burdened by her presence at all. Y'know, things like keeping in mind he doesn't move too fast and she falls off of him, etc.

But at the same time, his ranged potential goes out the window because he no longer has Ferra to throw. Would be a fair trade, don't you think?

Variations affecting a character's walk speed, dash speed and run speed might make a bit of sense.

Take Ferra/Torr for example. Imagine if his Lackey variation (he's by himself) allowed him to move faster altogether because Ferra isn't on him. Yes, someone his size obviously won't be burdened by Ferra's small size to begin with, we can't take that into consideration here. :p It would just kinda make sense because he's no longer burdened by her presence at all. Y'know, things like keeping in mind he doesn't move too fast and she falls off of him, etc.

But at the same time, his ranged potential goes out the window because he no longer has Ferra to throw. Would be a fair trade, don't you think?
I agree, it's a very good argument. I would like to see walk speed, jump arc, dash speed change as well. However, this also makes it more difficult to balance, and some may want the core mechanics of their main to remain the same when switching their versions. (As Rip and Ricksta mentioned)

Although, when I pick my version, I do want them to have a different feel. I played tekken tag (and I love tekken) but some of the characters just felt way too similar at times. This is why I feel Aris wants NRS to go more wild on the idea than taking the safe approach. Makes the game more interesting (game is already interesting btw haha). :D

E

Eldriken

I agree, it's a very good argument. I would like to see walk speed, jump arc, dash speed change as well. However, this also makes it more difficult to balance, and some may want the core mechanics of their main to remain the same when switching their versions. (As Rip and Ricksta mentioned)

Although, when I pick my version, I do want them to have a different feel. I played tekken tag (and I love tekken) but some of the characters just felt way too similar at times. This is why I feel Aris wants NRS to go more wild on the idea than taking the safe approach. Makes the game more interesting (game is already interesting btw haha). :D
Balance is probably one of their highest priorities (or I'm hoping so), so I'm not really sure they'll take it that far. Only time will tell.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Im on about using 1 battle to tech the throw like Injustice R1 on PS being only the button, like for example you seen or read the throw press R1 yes you tech'd it
, rather than either 1 or 3 something like that, example for this be like you seen or read the throw press 1 to tech it,
either A) You guessed Right
Or B) Sorry guessing wrong

but as i said there good a method to this madness, if its like Tekken System im cool with that
Yeah that's one change with button config I don't like, I'm changing/switching my L1 with R1. I prefer having my L1 for interactables and R1 for throws. I totally can't throw with left trigger lol.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
WHY. WHY. WHY?!?!?! IS THERE STILL A FLIP STANCE BUTTON? WHY WASN'T THAT JUST A RUN BUTTON NOW?!?

Seriously, NRS......the fuck is this flip stance button doing in every NRS game?????

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Maybe they could add a very subtle visual or audio que to know the exact moment the dash frames end, and it's safe to block.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
It would be nice if in the OP it was included most important things they covered for lazy gamers that dont wanna listen to the whole thing.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It would be nice if in the OP it was included most important things they covered for lazy gamers that dont wanna listen to the whole thing.
They talk about MK for about 30 minutes. If you don't care enough to devote 30 minutes listening to someone talk about a new MK game, you might be on the wrong site.

I told you where to start when they begin talking about MK. It's a good listen. Typing out every detail they go over would be a lot to cover.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm actually curious as to if you double tap forward and release it before pressing block. Considering most games with run you actually have to hold the direction in which you're running. That alone would eliminate the input error and accidentally starting a run. So if you double tap forward and then hold forward and press block, your begin your run. Makes more sense to me.

Reactions: Mst

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I was very worried when I read "can't break without full stamina gauge". But then I watched the videos again and noticed that the stamina bar refills even when you get hit or even when you are in the xray animation as the victim.

This means that if you get caught without stamina in a combo, you will have to wait 2 seconds until you can break. It's not a definitive gamechanger, but will definitively count for those last pixel of hp moments when you can't break on the second hit.