What's new

Reepal and Aris talk "Hands-On" with Mortal Kombat X @ E3, stamina bar + much more explained

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I don't think I'm following you here.

From what I understand, the universal throw can be MB to leave them standing (I think?) and you're at a major advantage.

I'm sure the MB won't matter if the throw is teched. However, if it isn't teched and they MB it, well, you're in 50/50 land.
think your oversellin it a bit. +12 i doubt will let every char even with high low mixups in 50/50 town for free.

NKZero

Noob
Am I the only one who was heavily reliant on walking in MK9 as is? I didn't dash block all that much and considering the even greater walk speeds (or so they appear) in MKX, I'm not too worried about movement.

E

Eldriken

think your oversellin it a bit. +12 i doubt will let every char even with high low mixups in 50/50 town for free.
Well, see, I didn't know it left you at +12. If that's the case, it may not put you in 50/50 town versus the entire cast. Thanks for clearing it up.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Im on about using 1 battle to tech the throw like Injustice R1 on PS being only the button, like for example you seen or read the throw press R1 yes you tech'd it
, rather than either 1 or 3 something like that, example for this be like you seen or read the throw press 1 to tech it,
either A) You guessed Right
Or B) Sorry guessing wrong

but as i said there good a method to this madness, if its like Tekken System im cool with that
it just goes hand in hand with the chip damage of normals. tools for opening peopleup, imo nway nrs could have diff reason lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
it just goes hand in hand with the chip damage of normals. tools for opening peopleup, imo nway nrs could have diff reason lol
Yeah i know that man, just thought they nailed it perfect in Injustice

but its a year away so ill give it time
i hope the reason their doing it is not because they want it to be different for Injustice

Am I the only one who was heavily reliant on walking in MK9 as is? I didn't dash block all that much and considering the even greater walk speeds (or so they appear) in MKX, I'm not too worried about movement.
I used to dash block like crazy back when I got mk9 (tekken background), after a while walking forward and back felt so much better. It's way more easier to whiff punish imo, so I'm glad walking is finally being emphasized in MKX.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why is it bumming you out? It works like any other FG except you hold block and press forward forward, that's how it works in anime games.
I was under the impression running occurs by dashing first then pushing block. That's what was said on the podcast. Essentially the same exact motion you'd do to initiate a dash block in MK9, hence me saying this would cause a lot of unintended running when people want to block.

Rip goes on to say you have to double tap block to cancel the run into a block. I don't play anime games so I have no idea how running them works.

E

Eldriken

Also, if what RIP said is true about wake-up invincibility only stemming from EX moves that sounds fantastic. No more cheap wake-ups and knockdowns are properly rewarded finally. That might even give Sub Zero an added bonus of having an ice clone as a wake-up :)
That would be siiiiick. I would totally welcome that.

"So they're sacrificing the dash blocking and the depth of gameplay for aesthetic smoothness"

"That is my assumption, yes"

Didn't Aris in another video say that people should stop judging the game based on speculation of how mechanics MIGHT work?

NKZero

Noob
That would be siiiiick. I would totally welcome that.
The absolute worst thing as a Sektor player is getting messed up even on EX teleport uppercut wake-up, whilst having to respect a Kenshi spirit charge or Kung Lao spin (meter less)...please no more of that!

Also, if what RIP said is true about wake-up invincibility only stemming from EX moves that sounds fantastic. No more cheap wake-ups and knockdowns are properly rewarded finally. That might even give Sub Zero an added bonus of having an ice clone as a wake-up :)
I heard that and it made me fall in love with this game. Way to excited

I REALLY hope they just add a run button. I hate the sounds of this a lot. It's bumming me out.
Fortunately Aris actually put out the solution: just double tap block, even if it cancels into run it will go back into block at the soonest possible moment.

But yeah, a run button would be much easier. It's a shame we decided to make a MILLION threads before the release of the game basically saying "OMG NO RUN BUTTON I HATE IT!"

Just got to that part, and I love it. That's another plus for the footsies in this game, because now you don't want to get knocked down, and are going to try to stay on your feet as much as possible.

If this is true, dash blocking would pretty much still be present if you do it properly.
Well, he said it wouldn't cancel as fast as possible, that it had an arbitrary delay of some sort.

I'm guessing that it will only let you cancel at the time you would normally be able to block after the dash is finished, as that would make the most sense. You can't block faster by doing a complex run cancel, but you aren't penalized by blocking later if you accidentally cancel into a run.

I'd still prefer a run button just to make it easier instead of having to double-tap it to be safe.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I wonder if it will look like NDC if it works.
I feel like it would look sort of weird if every character is just NDC'ing all the time. Rip also said that strings can be canceled into a run as well, though. So...yeah. I think this whole "everyone can NDC" will end up being true if they leave the game as is. I'm not sure how I feel about that. =/

E

Eldriken

I feel like it would look sort of weird if every character is just NDC'ing all the time. Rip also said that strings can be canceled into a run as well, though. So...yeah. I think this whole "everyone can NDC" will end up being true if they leave the game as is. I'm not sure how I feel about that. =/
Canceled into a run? I wonder what kind of possibilities that will open up.